Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Hermans line, coming to reality

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    883
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Hermans line, coming to reality


    0 Not allowed!
    WOW! Jared Allens out. Herms 1st pick as Chiefs head coach, Tamba Hali, moves to his spot. With 3 sacks in the pre-season (Most in the league so far.) Herms 2nd round pick last year, Turk Mcbride, looks like hes replaced Alphonso Boone on the opposite end. Obviously 1st round pick Glenn Dorsey starts at right tackle. Last but not least, Herms other second round pick from last year, Tank Tyler, is improving rapidly and looks to crack the starting line up early this year. Possibly opening day.
    That will put two 1st round and two second round picks by Herm Edwards in the starting lineup this year. Dont forget that 3 out of the 4 opening day starters in the defensive backfield are all Herm Draft picks from the past 3 years.
    If this Defense becomes solid, which it has a very good chance of doing. You Herm Haters are gonna be lookin mighty stupid.
    Think about the draft selections under the Vermeil regime. Ryan sims, Samie Parker, Junior Siavvi, should I continue? You know what Im talking about. Stevie Wonder can see the difference between those picks and Herms picks. If you wanna talk about prospecting exclusively, Herm Edwards is about as good as it gets. With as many new names that Herm Edwards has installed here. It would be impossible for him to not become a hero, should the chiefs win 8-10 games this year.
    Looks like its up to the game planning now kids!

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    2,152
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Yes, Herm's a great scout and a genius. I suppose you think Carl is doing a great job too. Let's see how the ACTUAL season turns out.


    "Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,413
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 66

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    WOW! Jared Allens out. Herms 1st pick as Chiefs head coach, Tamba Hali, moves to his spot. With 3 sacks in the pre-season (Most in the league so far.) Herms 2nd round pick last year, Turk Mcbride, looks like hes replaced Alphonso Boone on the opposite end. Obviously 1st round pick Glenn Dorsey starts at right tackle. Last but not least, Herms other second round pick from last year, Tank Tyler, is improving rapidly and looks to crack the starting line up early this year. Possibly opening day.
    That will put two 1st round and two second round picks by Herm Edwards in the starting lineup this year. Dont forget that 3 out of the 4 opening day starters in the defensive backfield are all Herm Draft picks from the past 3 years.
    If this Defense becomes solid, which it has a very good chance of doing. You Herm Haters are gonna be lookin mighty stupid.
    Think about the draft selections under the Vermeil regime. Ryan sims, Samie Parker, Junior Siavvi, should I continue? You know what Im talking about. Stevie Wonder can see the difference between those picks and Herms picks. If you wanna talk about prospecting exclusively, Herm Edwards is about as good as it gets. With as many new names that Herm Edwards has installed here. It would be impossible for him to not become a hero, should the chiefs win 8-10 games this year.
    Looks like its up to the game planning now kids!
    I never had a doubt about Herms abilities to find players! I just hope he comes threw as a Great Head Coach!
    Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    Yes, Herm's a great scout and a genius. I suppose you think Carl is doing a great job too. Let's see how the ACTUAL season turns out.
    Carl is a good at what he does! but it has been not good enough, with the time he has had, for this Chief's fan!

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    883
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    Yes, Herm's a great scout and a genius. I suppose you think Carl is doing a great job too. Let's see how the ACTUAL season turns out.
    Carl was part of the Vermeil draft calss that I was talking about. So I dont give him credit for these picks. The only thing I would give him credit for is decideing to go ahead with the rebuilding process. These are Herms guys and whether they are good or not, will fall on Herm.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Drunken State
    Posts
    4,094
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 58

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I think we have two excellent coaches in gunny and gaily. If hermy lets them do what they do, there could be a shocker in the rocker at my house!
    SHUT IT

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    S.J. Cali
    Posts
    883
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 5

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I for one understand Herm's thought process of putting a team together from the bottom up. I still am wondering about our QB.. Then LJ will last how long? I will bet in 2 more years we will win the second round of a playoff game.. Or Herm will get frustrated and retire..Butt the Pats and Indy will haunt teams in the AFC for years...I believe our 1st game will open some eyes around here were we really stand this year!
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

    1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,413
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 66

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by spiman View Post
    I for one understand Herm's thought process of putting a team together from the bottom up. I still am wondering about our QB.. Then LJ will last how long? I will bet in 2 more years we will win the second round of a playoff game.. Or Herm will get frustrated and retire..Butt the Pats and Indy will haunt teams in the AFC for years...I believe our 1st game will open some eyes around here were we really stand this year!

    Yep me to!!!!! With a CHIEF'S WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




    I hope anyway!
    Homer is me.

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS
    Posts
    756
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Post


    0 Not allowed!
    Im hoping that everything will work according to how Herm has it planned. I dont always agree with all his moves, but then who ever agrees with the coach all the time? I see us trading off LJ within 2 years depending on his production. Kolby has shown signs of being able to take the load. Remember LJ didnt get that option his rookie year and Kolby got thrown into it. Also, I truely think that if this year is another bust, I believe Clark Hunt will say enough! He will get rid of both Carl and Herm and bring in someone new. By that time good ole' Bill Cowher will be ready to take over and run his own team! I could possibly be wrong though! Atleast my wife always tells me so!


    BRING ON COWHER AND DOWN WITH THE LAST 20 YEARS!

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura, Ca.
    Posts
    2,605
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    WOW! Jared Allens out. Herms 1st pick as Chiefs head coach, Tamba Hali, moves to his spot. With 3 sacks in the pre-season (Most in the league so far.) Herms 2nd round pick last year, Turk Mcbride, looks like hes replaced Alphonso Boone on the opposite end. Obviously 1st round pick Glenn Dorsey starts at right tackle. Last but not least, Herms other second round pick from last year, Tank Tyler, is improving rapidly and looks to crack the starting line up early this year. Possibly opening day.
    That will put two 1st round and two second round picks by Herm Edwards in the starting lineup this year. Dont forget that 3 out of the 4 opening day starters in the defensive backfield are all Herm Draft picks from the past 3 years.
    If this Defense becomes solid, which it has a very good chance of doing. You Herm Haters are gonna be lookin mighty stupid.
    Think about the draft selections under the Vermeil regime. Ryan sims, Samie Parker, Junior Siavvi, should I continue? You know what Im talking about. Stevie Wonder can see the difference between those picks and Herms picks. If you wanna talk about prospecting exclusively, Herm Edwards is about as good as it gets. With as many new names that Herm Edwards has installed here. It would be impossible for him to not become a hero, should the chiefs win 8-10 games this year.
    Looks like its up to the game planning now kids!
    Not really, he has still failed to put together a solid offesive line that will protect the QB, whether or not his building of the secodary is going to be worth anything or not is still out there.

    So he has a solid defensive line (maybe) what about the rest of the team?

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    S.J. Cali
    Posts
    883
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 5

    Thumbs down After losing to the worst team last year...


    0 Not allowed!
    [quote=jtandcrew;94003]Im hoping that everything will work according to how Herm has it planned. I dont always agree with all his moves, but then who ever agrees with the coach all the time? I see us trading off LJ within 2 years depending on his production. Kolby has shown signs of being able to take the load. Remember LJ didnt get that option his rookie year and Kolby got thrown into it. Also, I truely think that if this year is another bust, I believe Clark Hunt will say enough! He will get rid of both Carl and Herm and bring in someone new. By that time good ole' Bill Cowher will be ready to take over and run his own team! I could possibly be wrong though! Atleast my wife always tells
    me so!


    I know it is Pre- Season Butt
    Lest we forget next season for T-Bo.... I like Florida
    ( It reminds me of Cali) We do not have to try to loose =-Were gonna.........Just not to the RAIDERS. I am not sure I would listen to my Wife!! That is why I have a girlfriend also!!!!!!!!

    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

    1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •