Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Summer Olympics 2008

Default Summer Olympics 2008

Well I'm going to put something together and thought I'd get it started...the Summer Olympics this year are running from Aug 8-24th. I will have the thread open, but the odds on some events will "close" as those events finalize. Likely the entire betting will close by the 19th or 20th. I will take ideas for additional events through Aug 1st, and will put up a lot of events, but don't be offended if I don't put yours up as I may not have any idea on odds.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Definitely should include something about that 41 year old swimmer winning her event. Also, how many times the USA women's volleyball players slap each other on the ***.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Definitely should include something about that 41 year old swimmer winning her event.
    i'll look into this one....do you have a name? I did this event for everyone else, really I couldn't care much for the Olympics...

Also, how many times the USA women's volleyball players slap each other on the ***.
    I'd be happy to watch and "count", but I'm not sure on the odds...
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    i'll look into this one....do you have a name? I did this event for everyone else, really I couldn't care much for the Olympics...

I'd be happy to watch and "count", but I'm not sure on the odds...
    Her name is Dara Torres.

As far as the VB odds..... How about a million to one they don't even touch each other rumps. heh Based on what they did 4 years ago, they couldn't keep their hands off of each other. Even Matt Lauer brought it up in an interview with them. It was hilarious.

One question. On the multiple choices like Phelps, if you pick that he wins 4 golds, does that mean it has to be 4 and 1, 2, and 3 don't count? Or if he wins 5, 4 doesn't count.

One question. On the multiple choices like Phelps, if you pick that he wins 4 golds, does that mean it has to be 4 and 1, 2, and 3 don't count? Or if he wins 5, 4 doesn't count.
    Exactly...if he wins 3, only 3 pays out. That is why the odds are steeper. And most of them specify "gold", so if he wins 8 total medals but only 5 are gold, then the "5 gold" pays out and the "8 total" pays out.

The team events have an option for "any medal" but most of the other events are based on gold, as specified.

Also I included a few bets towards the end for Canada, and one funny prop bet I made up for the "Redneck Triathalon". Shooting, Archery and horses seemed fitting for the name.

Please post any other questions, as I'm sure someone else is thinking them.

Updated odds.

U S A! U S A! U S A! U S A!

I'm gonna be a billionaire.

Updated odds...

First athlete caught doping
    US didn't win first gold medal of Olympics
    Updated odds on events in progress and total medal count

Updated odds on Michael Phelps progress

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast