Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They had their shot...Chiefs add Feely

Default They had their shot...Chiefs add Feely

Per the Chiefs website, the Chiefs signed Feely to a one year deal.

Wow. I figured you'd have to miss more than one 48 yd. field goal to lose a battle. Both kickers were 2/3 in kicks while both missed a 48 yarder. The only thing i can think happened was that neither were performing well in practice. If they had been nailing kicks in practice, a slightly missed 48 yard kick by Barth or Novak shouldn't have cost them this opportunity. JMO

Normally, I'd be very surprised, but knowing Herm as the Head Coach, he probably can't stand any missed field goals at all, and got rid of him.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

I was rooting for Barth.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

There is the possibility that Herm has come to the realization the his team might not get many shots at scoring! So hes prob thinking might as well as have a proven kicker to give him a better shot at the FG's! At this point I have no idea what we are doing! Except that after lasts years rookie kicker fiasco I think that Herm woulda kept Novak over Barth but liked Feely over Novak!

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    There is the possibility that Herm has come to the realization the his team might not get many shots at scoring! So hes prob thinking might as well as have a proven kicker to give him a better shot at the FG's! At this point I have no idea what we are doing! Except that after lasts years rookie kicker fiasco I think that Herm woulda kept Novak over Barth but liked Feely over Novak!

Nobody else worried why we would be interested in anybody that the freakin DOLPHINS cut? Say it out loud and tell me that it doesn't scare the **** out of you. "The 1 and 15 Dolphins found that they had no use for a seasoned kicker, so they cut him. Immediately interested were the Chiefs..." The ****tiest team cuts him, and he's an upgrade for us...nice...lol.

They had their shots and kept their roster spot. Feely was cut today. He lost a two day kick off between the three.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief from the North View Post
    Nobody else worried why we would be interested in anybody that the freakin DOLPHINS cut? Say it out loud and tell me that it doesn't scare the **** out of you. "The 1 and 15 Dolphins found that they had no use for a seasoned kicker, so they cut him. Immediately interested were the Chiefs..." The ****tiest team cuts him, and he's an upgrade for us...nice...lol.
    Take that Back.

that was quite harsh...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    They had their shots and kept their roster spot. Feely was cut today. He lost a two day kick off between the three.
    wow....nice. i heard Feely was still battling a groin issue while hitting 10/15 while the other two hit 13/15.

I think this might calm some things down a bit as far as evaluating how these two kickers might project as starters. I think the fact that both these kickers were able to outperform Feely shows how good these guys might actually be.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

I do believe he woulda been an upgrade. Are you so quick to forget about Medlock and Rainer? Im guessing you were/are thinking they were an upgrade to Tynes! Herm has proven that kicker is the worse position that he can judge talent on. Look who we coulda had last year instead of Medlock....the guy thats kicking in Minnesota (sorry i forget his name) but instead we replace medlock with the guy that got beat out of the job of who COULDA had? Yes, Feely is a proven kicker instead of a rookie or a kicker who has been with more teams than years hes been in the NFL!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast