Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Season Opener - The Pats

Default Season Opener - The Pats

I almost hate to see the season start. As much as I love the Chiefs, it's been years since we've been in this bad a shape. NE's been coasting through the preseason, but that ends next week and it won't be pretty for us. There used to be a saying in the NFL; "it's all about winning now". The decisions that have been made over the past 3 years will keep us as the door mat for the next 3. I swear Herm & Carl make it up as they go. Maybe it will take a pounding and lack of fans in seats for the ownership to step in. NE 41 - KC 10. It's gonna blow.

Hell, I am pissed that it took this long for the Chiefs to FINALLY go into a rebuild. It is sickening it took this damn long.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Now That Is Something I Can 100% Agree With Guru!!

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Hell, I am pissed that it took this long for the Chiefs to FINALLY go into a rebuild. It is sickening it took this damn long.

Took this Long? I seem to remember multiple times where coaches in the past have talked about rebuilding. Only diffrence was that they were doing it with old and washed up players. I do agree that it has taken far too long to rebuild through the draft, but not too start the Carl bashing again, but what about the 5 yr plan that is in its, what 19th? We have already tried rebuilding with players that were washed up or was has beens. I just hope the Chiefs arent doing it now with never will be's!

...I am one of those guys who also thinks that we are going to have one of our worst seasons in recent memory.....BUT....Brady will be taking his first snap against us. Now I know it's Brady and it will only take one play probably to shake off the rust....but if big #72 can get him at the knees on the first play we MIGHT have a chance.

I bet all of you guys who say the Pats are gonna win picked them in the SuperBowl last year too. There is a reason they play the games.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I bet all of you guys who say the Pats are gonna win picked them in the SuperBowl last year too. There is a reason they play the games.
    9 game losing streak, and going to the Super Bowl... completely different.

Remember, there's always a lot of surprises every year. After two 4-12 seasons in a row, Green Bay suddenly was one of the NFC's best again last year at 13-3. The Eagles went from first in '04 to last in '05 to first in '06 to last in '07. The Ravens went from 13-3 to 5-11. Cleveland went from 4-12 to 10-6. Denver had their first losing record this decade. Tampa Bay went from last in '04 to first in '05 to last in '06 to first in '07.

Sure, most are predicting the Chiefs to have a losing record and many think it will be bad, such as 4-12 again or even worse. But the young talent may surprise.

By the way, while an upset at New England would be so wonderful, if we at least play a close game (the spread will probably be about that 23 points once again that they kept giving NE last year, I'll bet) and beat the spread considerably, I think that would be a thing to feel good about (while at the same time always feeling bad about a loss, of course). Also good that after this extremely tough game to start the season, we look forward to four teams in a row that had losing records last year.

Quote Originally Posted by jerhart View Post
    9 game losing streak, and going to the Super Bowl... completely different.
    No, people who tell me that they "know" the Chiefs are gonna lose. not the same thing at all. How about when we played SD last year and beat them. I heard a lot of people tell me we were gonna lose. How about half way through the season we were #1 in the West. I suppose you all "knew" that was gonna happen and predicted some injuries and a 9 game losing streak. It amazes me that you guys have amassed so much knowledge from Training camp and 3 preseason games that you know how we are going to perform 16 weeks from now. It is truly incredible.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

...last year...I didnt think we would get above 500....we had no QB then, and old line....very few offensive weapons, and a questionable secondary....so I wasnt expecting much from us.

This year....we have a questionable QB who has had one good drive this preseason, where he looked consistent. And we are a young inexperienced team now. We are growing, and its going to take longer than 4 preseason games to make us a contender yet. It will take one whole season untill this o-line gels, the projected starting team hasnt even played a preseason snap with Albert gone.

Football isnt rocket science. It wasnt that hard to watch the last 3 games and figure out where our problems are going to arise.

...just keeping running on hopes and dreams.

Yeah, you got it!! Why hope? We are gonna suck. Thanks for opening my eyes. I forgot how sh!t the Chiefs are. Our QB sucks, our O line sucks, our receivers suck, our defense sucks. How could we possibly win a football game. I a can not begin to tell you how glad I am that there are some true blue fans out there to set idiots like myself straight. You can watch the games and say I told ya so all you like after the game if we lose. I am gonna cheer and hope that we win. If we don't, sh!tty and then it will be on to the next week but regardless of how bad you or anyone else around here thinks we are gonna be, I am going to cheer for us to win!! I don't much pay attention to people like you anymore anyways. Even if we did make the playoffs I would have to sit and listen to how we "backed into a playoff spot" It really does make me laugh to watch you all ***** and moan about how much we suck and then try an convince everyone that you are a die hard fan!!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast