Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feely has been released

Default Feely has been released

After signing Feely just yesterday the Chiefs have already released him. I guess they had a kick off and the best two kept their job for now and the loser went home.

They kicked 15 kicks yesterday and 15 today.

Barth made 28.
    Novak made 27
    Feeley made 24.

Neutral. The article consisted just of this:

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP)—Kicker Jay Feely has been cut by the Kansas City Chiefs, a day after signing a one-year deal.
    Feely was an eight-year veteran who kicked for Miami last season. He was brought in to challenge Connor Barth and Nick Novak for the starting job.
    The three had what coach Herm Edwards called a “kick off” on Monday and Tuesday to determine who would make the team.
    Chiefs president Carl Peterson announced Feely’s release on Wednesday. That leaves 76 players on the roster.

And this is an article I had read somewhere yesterday already. So yahoo must have just decided today to inlcude the story in its headline news. I think they, msn, and aol news do that sometimes. They'll have a story that I already heard about hours or a day before elsewhere on the net.

In any case, guess it is pretty unusual for a team to sign someone and then dismiss them that fast.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12