Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feely has been released

Default Feely has been released

After signing Feely just yesterday the Chiefs have already released him. I guess they had a kick off and the best two kept their job for now and the loser went home.

They kicked 15 kicks yesterday and 15 today.

Barth made 28.
    Novak made 27
    Feeley made 24.

Are you serious??????

I guess it is true. Kind of a crappy move IMO, but I'm also kind of glad since I was rooting for connor barth anyhow.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/traini...ory?id=3554915

Jay Feely's Chiefs career was short and no good.
    In a stunning move, Kansas City cut Feely on Tuesday, 24 hours after signing him to a one-year contract.

Feely

"I appreciate the Chiefs bringing him in and it is their prerogative to make the decision they did today," Feely's agent Glenn Schwartzman said. "I do think it is hasty. Jay would have liked to have the chance to compete in a game before a decision was made."
    The Chiefs are now back to choosing between the in experienced Nick Novak and Connor Barth for the job. The Chiefs are expected to make the decision after Thursday's reason finale against visiting St. Louis.
    Feely was signed Monday afternoon and joined practice immediately. Schwartzman said Feely did not have a productive first practice Monday but he bounced back and made 13 of 15 field goal attempts and kicked off well Tuesday before being cut.
    "It's shocking," said Schwartzman. "We will move on."
    The Chiefs appealed to Feely because of his relationship with special teams coach Mike Priefer. Priefer was a coach with the New York Giants when Feely kicked there.
    Feely was cut by the Dolphins earlier this month.
    Bill Williamson covers the NFL for ESPN.com.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Actually I think this was a good move, before if Barth or Novak (whoever gets the job) struggled everyone would have whined why didnt we go after Feely, they just shot that down. Also it shows that although quick at the point in time that they were doing the competition Feely was not better then either option we currently have.
    Glad they brought him in, but even more glad they released him.

Not exactly sure why Miami and KC both released Feely. But there must be something sour in the kitchen for this to happen....from what i've read, he's been a decent kicker wherever he's been. He's either lost it or maybe his attitude is in the toilet. Whatever the reason, it must be bad to release a good vet kicker over 2 question marks. Whoever we decide on, I hope he can be consistent, because we're gonna need him.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Not exactly sure why Miami and KC both released Feely. But there must be something sour in the kitchen for this to happen....from what i've read, he's been a decent kicker wherever he's been. He's either lost it or maybe his attitude is in the toilet. Whatever the reason, it must be bad to release a good vet kicker over 2 question marks. Whoever we decide on, I hope he can be consistent, because we're gonna need him.
    To kick the converts after all our TDs!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Actually I think this was a good move, before if Barth or Novak (whoever gets the job) struggled everyone would have whined why didnt we go after Feely, they just shot that down. Also it shows that although quick at the point in time that they were doing the competition Feely was not better then either option we currently have.
    Glad they brought him in, but even more glad they released him.

The only reason to bring him is was too just get the others attention. Too let go a veteran kisker who led the league in percentages last year over unknowns and not let Feely kick in thursday's game is a joke! Its no more than a PR stunt to make it look like they wanted to give the guy a try. To expect perfection on the first day of signing is ridiculous. He just traveled to here and spent the night and since he didnt perform after that then cut him? Im sure Novak or Barth wouldnt have kicked great if they were in same position. Im not saying i would rather have any 1 of the 3 over any of the others, since kickers tend to be up and down, and very few show contant consistency. Im saying having all 3 kick in the rams game or even just have Feely on sideline woulda given the Chiefs a idea how the other 2 would handle pressure knowing someone with experience is waiting to take your job.

Personally I think this is a very stupid move. They shouldn't have signed him in the first place. They just now burned a bridge with a very reliable veteran should Novak or Barth blow it during the regular season.

I just went to yahoo and this story is currently the main headline story. It says "NFL kicker booted after one day" and underneath says "Jay Feeley's one-year contract with the Kansas City Chiefs lasts 24 hours."

They're a couple days late with this news, but still cool to see Kansas City Chiefs in the yahoo headline.

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    I just went to yahoo and this story is currently the main headline story. It says "NFL kicker booted after one day" and underneath says "Jay Feeley's one-year contract with the Kansas City Chiefs lasts 24 hours."

They're a couple days late with this news, but still cool to see Kansas City Chiefs in the yahoo headline.
    Is it a postive article or negative. The opinion based on the local radio personalities is split.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast