Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No More "arrowhead" Chief Fans!!!!!

Default No More "arrowhead" Chief Fans!!!!!

I FOUND THIS ARTICLE ONLINE TODAY:

Chiefs selling naming rights to Arrowhead Stadium!

The Associated Press

try { loadApVideo(); } catch(error) { var d = document.getElementById('mdw_ap_photo_table'); if (d) { d.style.display = 'none'; } }

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The Kansas City Chiefs have decided to sell naming rights to Arrowhead Stadium.
    Arrowhead, built in 1972, has a capacity of almost 79,500 and is the third-largest in the NFL. It's undergoing a $375 million renovation projected for completion in 2010.
    The Chiefs announced Thursday they have entered into an agreement with the sports and entertainment company IMG to find a naming rights holder.
    For almost 20 years, Arrowhead has been among the top three stadiums in home attendance, with sellouts in 141 consecutive games.
    The Chiefs also said IMG will manage a Kansas City-based sales and marketing team.

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS, CHIEF FANS?

Wow...this is unbelievable...if Queen Carla really cared for her job, she would be doing everything in her power to keep the name, but since she knows she is on the hot seat and on her way out...looks like she wants to leave us with a black eye

Arrowhead forever!

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    If arrowhead was to be renamed it should be the same as they did Royals stadium. They should rename it Lamar Hunt Stadium!
    This is the only alternative that would even be close to acceptable. The company that would get the naming rights will not be doing themselves a favor. Many people, myself included, will be very angry with them. Greedy *******s.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Canada, I love you man, but this is the very thing that causes so many of us to be negative. There is no one else at fault for this OTHER than Carl Peterson and Hunt. Money must be tighter on the team than I originally thought.

It could be worse though, they could be talking about moving the team to Los Angeles!

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    Absolutely. No matter what corporate name they may want to call it, I will forever keep calling it Arrowhead Stadium.
    I agree, it will always be Arrowhead to me. Love the Lenny card! Len was on Colin Cowherd's show today, it was pretty good. Did anybody catch it?
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

maybe coach could step up and get it named Chiefscrowd.com @Arrowhead

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Damn well better, AT LEAST, keep Arrowhead as the primary part of the name.

I don't like this one bit.
    Me either, but what do any of us know; it's not like we're "real fans".

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    maybe coach could step up and get it named Chiefscrowd.com @Arrowhead

This would in deed be acceptable.

maybe, just maybe the "Arrowhead" bottling(water) company will....no ?...just a thought....sucks, if it happens

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Canada, I love you man, but this is the very thing that causes so many of us to be negative. There is no one else at fault for this OTHER than Carl Peterson and Hunt. Money must be tighter on the team than I originally thought.

It could be worse though, they could be talking about moving the team to Los Angeles!
    Like I have said a million and three times now...I know that there are things to complain about. This is one of those things, the blame is directed approriately. I have never said "Don't be negative" I just say that there are two sides to every coin. A lot of people have found reasons to complain, I just wish they could find a few more reasons to cheer is all.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12