Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Canada Posted This Thread. Its Outstanding.

Default Canada Posted This Thread. Its Outstanding.

THIS WAS POSTED BY CANADA ON SOMEONE ELSE'S THREAD , BUT I THOUGHT THAT EVERYBODY SHOULD READ IT!!!!!!!

Dude I know you are a newer member here, but I have said it a million times. I understand that there are things about our team that piss people off. Decisions that have been made that some do not agree with, but when does anyone ever say anything positive about the team? When does someone say Way to go Herm, you got 2 first rounders. The only thing I have really heard about our first rounders is what they do wrong. I know and understand the cost of travelling to a game to see the Chiefs. I do it every year. Win or lose. You say how do you lose a guy like Jared Allen...Jared Allen had just as much to do with his departure as anyone on our management team, yet Jared has done no wrong and the Chiefs are the ones who made a bad decision. Solari and Suanders are gone and they have been replaced. How well is Saunders doing in Washington? I guess I don't come on the boards as much anymore because it is always so negative. I am not an idiot, I know we only won 4 games last year. I know that the outlook is not great, but I choose to focus on the fact that I think LJ will run the ball well along with Kolby and Charles. I also think TG and Bowe will help make Croyle look decent and our defense will keep us in some games. No we are not the offensive juggernaut they have in NE and no we do not have the #1 Defense in the league, but we are the Chiefs and as far as I am concerned the Chiefs Kick A$$ and anyone that wants to constantly bash them can kiss my a$$!

I COULDNT HAVE SAID IT BETTER!!!

I loved and referred to this quote from Canada myself last night:

"...but we are the Chiefs and as far as I am concerned the Chiefs Kick A$$ and anyone that wants to constantly bash them can kiss my a$$!"

In addition, at work yesterday on my lunch break I was wearing my Chiefs hat and some Eagle fans started in on how the Chiefs suck, etc. So I proudly utilized Canada's quote from "The Chiefs kick A$$" part! (I also then used that line I always throw at Eagle fans: "Have the Eagles ever won a Super Bowl?" They sometimes come back with, "Well when did the Chiefs win the Super Bowl? Almost 40 years ago!" But hey, a long time ago still beats NEVER!)

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    In fact, i think the Chiefs are going to win their first at New England. Tom Brady hasn't practiced much or played in a game to get in rhythm and there are doubts he'll even play the first game. If Brady is out, the Pats are a 6-10 team at best.
    Woohoo! I so hope you're right! Even if we shatter the 25 or so ridiculously high spread they'll probably give NE it will be good for us going in to the subsequent games. (And NE always failed to cover the spreads last year when they were favored by 20 plus).

That is a good point too about Brady being rusty. People like to think of him as walking on water and therefore he can just suddenly take the field and be 100%. But his lack of any action this whole 0-4 month of August for the Pats could indeed affect him to at least a small degeee.

I just found the early Vegas spread for the game at NE. We are 16 and a half point underdogs. So not the 23-25 I was expecting! I think what happened last year was in addition to NE being undefeated, they had some games in the first half of the season where they routed teams with scores like 52-14. So then the oddsmakers started giving NE these 20 plus point spreads. But after failing to cover every time, plus with a new season not yet under way, they are probably being more conservative with the spread this time.

16.5 is still high, but gives us more respect than 23-25! Hope we shatter the 16.5 spread!

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    Yeah He does - I wanna party with that guy !
    Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    We are going to party with that guy in a couple weeks!!!!

oh and some

and some raider hating!!!!
    Yeah, we should get some beer. And I mean a LOT of beer. Maybe 400-500 should do for the weekend!! Unless you guys are gonna drink some too!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I like this thread.
    GO CHIEFS!!!
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

This was well put by Canada; I only wished he would just come right out and tell us all how he really feels.
    j/k

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Yeah, we should get some beer. And I mean a LOT of beer. Maybe 400-500 should do for the weekend!! Unless you guys are gonna drink some too!!
    Well screw you douche bag!

I want some beer too!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I also want a hamburger... just one!

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post

That is a good point too about Brady being rusty. People like to think of him as walking on water and therefore he can just suddenly take the field and be 100%. But his lack of any action this whole 0-4 month of August for the Pats could indeed affect him to at least a small degeee.
    see superbowl XLII

You betcha! I still get such a great feeling when I hear that Super Bowl mentioned. :)

I mentioned recently that we only play 5 games this year against teams that had winning records. But amazingly, New England only has to play four games against teams that had winning records (Indi, SD, Sea, and Pitt). And in the first four games this year, the combined record of the teams last year that NE will play is 14-50! So even if NE and Brady play rather flat, they may still be able to win 11 or more games, shucks. Ah but then they'll get theirs in the postseason again!

when did texaschief become an optimist? I like it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast