Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs game-by-game Predictions

Hybrid View

Default Chiefs game-by-game Predictions

I did this last season, but much later, so this season I may as well start it off now!

Chiefs vs Patriots-L (28-14)

Sorry to all of you homers, but we just don't have much of a chance in this one, unless Brady doesn't play, then we have a legitimate shot. I don't think the Pats will score more than 28 because Brady has yet to play, he should be rusty. We could score more than 14, it's obvious that our O-line has improved, so our running game should be good.

Raiders vs Chiefs-W (24-21)

This one could be interesting. Normally, I wouldn't go so close on the score, but the Raiders always seem to play us tough. Plus, I'm not sold on our run-D yet, so McFadden could have a killer game. We should be able to score on their defense, no problem.

Chiefs vs Falcons-W (17-3)

The Chiefs should have no trouble with this one. The Falcons have almost no offense, besides Michael Turner, and of course, Matt Ryan, but he has very few targets to go too. Their lines on both sides of the ball are horrible, as well. If we stop Michael Turner, this should be an easy one.

Broncos vs Chiefs-L (28-24)

The Broncos play us tougher than any team I've seen at home, and we NEVER beat them on the road, and I don't see that changing. I'm not saying that this game isn't winnable, but I just don't think we'll have the offense to keep up.

Chiefs vs Panthers-L (21-13)

This game will hinge on how well Flowers and our secondary can take care of Steve Smith and Muhammad. If those receivers have a field day, this could get ugly. If they handle them, we could steal this one.

Titans vs Chiefs-W (17-14)

I think the Titans greatly overachieved last season. Their defense is great, no question, but their offense isn't very good, and Vince Young hasn't become what they had hoped thus far. If we stop their running game, we should win this one in a low-scoring Hermie ball game.

Chiefs vs Jets-L (20-17)

I'm sure that most of you probably think I'm insane, but I'm not! The Jets are gonna be a MUCH better team this season. Improved O-line and a guy named Favre would equal a playoff contender. Again, we can beat them, just saying that it'll be tough.

Bucs vs Chiefs-L (14-10)

This defense could be the Chiefs worst nightmare. I see almost no way that the Chiefs can score a good amount of points on this defense. Thing is, the Bucs don't have much of an offense, either. Prepare for the one of the more boring games of the season, but it's only boring when you lose, right?!

Chiefs vs Chargers-L (35-17)

Sorry guys, no repeat performance this season. The Chargers are going for the playoffs, while the Chiefs are 3-5, and are just about done. We won't be able to stop their offense, and our offense won't be able to keep up.

Saints vs Chiefs-W (31-24)

The question is will we be able to handle Reggie Bush? If we can, we win. The Saints defense isn't that good, though their offense is very good. I think we can win this one by outscoring them.

Bills vs Chiefs-W (24-14)

I still question the Bills offense, especially at QB, but they do have playmakers, but I think our defense can stop them. Their defense isn't very good at all, and even after signing Kawika Mitchel, I just don't see that changing.

Chiefs vs Raiders-W (21-17)

Basically, a repeat of the game at home, just a little bit lower scoring.

Chiefs vs Broncos-L (35-10)

We haven't beaten the Broncos since before the stadium name changed! I don't see that changing.

Chargers vs Chiefs-W (24-21)

We usually play the Chargers tough at Arrowhead, and LT doesn't do too hot here. I think we have what it takes, especially if they already have the division.

Dolphins vs Chiefs-W (17-10)

I really don't know how good the Dolphins will be. Parcells has a knack for making teams VERY good in just one off-season! If the Dolphins play like they did against us in pre-season, we have very little chance, but I don't think that'll be the case.

Chiefs vs Bengals-W (35-24)

They still have no defense, and it should be an even easier win than last season. Not to mention, I'm sure some drama will be distracting them greatly for this game.

FINAL THOUGHTS!

Well, how about that, we could go 9-7? It's possible if everything goes well. Of course, there are a lot of "borderline" games, but it should be interesting. I really think a lot of this hinges on our young corners and D-line, as well as the O-line. Many of you know that I was predicting MUCH worse, but I've lightened up a bit after that performance against the Rams.

Our running game looks very good, and our defense looks good in all facets, thus far. The question is, how will Croyle do when he's forced to win us a game? Can he throw the ball down the field and make some big completions? If he can, we could be in the playoffs.

Anywho, take the predictions for what they're worth and post your own! Would love to see what everyone thinks about the schedule!
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post

Chiefs vs Patriots-W (24-21)

Tom won't be Tom and that offense won't do anything without him...except score three times. lol

Raiders vs Chiefs-W (14-10)
    Raiders are just as green as the Chiefs are but they don't have a way to stop the run because Al Davis is a freekin god-send to the Chiefs and passed on Dorsey. The won't run too well against the Chiefs (who have Dorsey) and they won't be able to stop the run. I expect a lower scoring game actually.

Chiefs vs Falcons-W (27-14)
    Matt Ryan is no joke, but the rest of that team sucks.

Broncos vs Chiefs-L (28-24)
    I actually like Croyle more than Cutler, but I don't think the Chiefs are mature enough to win against Denver this season.

Chiefs vs Panthers-L (21-7)
    I don't know why but I'm pretty sure the Chiefs just have no shot at winning this game. don't ask why.

Titans vs Chiefs-W (28-13)
    If VY matures and becomes the QB he was at Texas, this could be a blow out for Tennessee, but I doubt that happens. Other than Young, can you name anyone else on that team? I just don't see us losing to them.

Chiefs vs Jets-W (42-9)
    I have a feeling we are just going to dominate these guys. Again, don't ask why. just a gut feeling.

Bucs vs Chiefs-L (14-10)
    Bucs don't seem organized to me, but I agree that we won't win this game due to their defense.

Chiefs vs Chargers-W (35-17)
    By this time of year, Rivers, Gates and Merriman will be out with injuries. I doubt the Chargers make the playoffs this season.

Saints vs Chiefs-W (35-30)
    The Saints are farther along than the Chiefs are, but at this point, the Chiefs feel confident and come from behind to win their first close game of the year on a last minute TD drive.

Bills vs Chiefs-L (24-14)
    Bills are on the rise and the Chiefs will have an emotional let down after the close game the week before.

Chiefs vs Raiders-W (28-7)
    The Raiders have the same problems as the first meeting and will lose again.

Chiefs vs Broncos-L (35-10)
    See above

Chargers are decimated by this point and will finish behind all three division opponents.

Dolphins are the Dolphins. Nuff said.

Chiefs vs Bengals-W (35-14)
    Chiefs are looking to make the playoffs and announce their presence with authority and rock the Bengals who don't have Johnson or Henry or any kind of running game.

FINAL THOUGHTS!
    11-5 and true to form, they lose in the first round but establish the building blocks of the future.

tongue in cheek

Pretty good predictions, I completely forgot about the injury problems that the Chargers are having, but I don't know how that'll turn out, so I'll be pessimistic! As for the Jets, I'm just assuming that all of their FA moves pan out.

Chiefs vs Patriots-L (45-21)

Sorry guys, but I'm calling this one a bit rougher than three7's. I think you'll score 21, but still lose by more than 20.

Raiders vs Chiefs-W (27-10)

Sorry, maybe I hate the Raiders too much, but I can't see them doing much. They didn't really address the loss of Warren Sapp, and frankly I'm not sold on Javon Walker's health. Chiefs by 17.

Chiefs vs Falcons-W (17-3)

Falcons SUCK...no more needs to be said.

Broncos vs Chiefs-L (27-13

Broncos are good, and they caught a break with Marshall's suspension being shortened to one game. The Chiefs will struggle in this one.

Chiefs vs Panthers-L (24-13)

Steve Smith, Muhammad, & Hackett are the headliners, but DeAngelo Williams/Johnathan Stewart and a re-vamped O-line are what will make the Carolina offense go this year. The real test here won't be so much on Flowers as the front seven containing the running game without safety help. If the safeties can focus on the pass the Chiefs make this one closer than my prediction, but somehow I think they'll be forced to pull the safeties in and then the WRs are trouble.

Titans vs Chiefs-W (23-12)

This is the type of running game Dorsey was made to stop. Titans will struggle to move the ball and likely score only field goals in this one.

Chiefs vs Jets-W (35-28)

Let's call this one the Dwayne Bowe SHOW. LJ will get his still, but the Jets defense won't be able to generate pressure on Croyle and he'll find Tony and Dwayne downfield all day. This one won't be Herm's favorite game, but it will be a win.

Bucs vs Chiefs-W (12-6)

The Bucs have a great pass rush, and still run the vaunted Cover-2...but without a talent equal to Sapp in the middle they've struggled against teams that can run the ball up the gut. Enter LJ. This is the game where he shines. This game is likely Herm's favorite game of the year, as it will be all field goals, all the time (for both teams)

Chiefs vs Chargers-L (35-31)

By this late in the season Merriman will have either wisely stopped and had his surgery, or will have ended his career with one stupid step. Alas, either way he likely doesn't play in this game, and without him, Cromartie and the secondary won't look nearly as tough. I think the Chargers still win, but it's likely close.

Saints vs Chiefs-L (28-17)

Bush is one question...but then you have to consider Colston, Shockey and Patten. Oh and McCallister is back and should be plenty healthy by mid-season. I'll put this one in the loss column. I think the Saints are improved.

Bills vs Chiefs-W (24-21)

Their defense is suspect, but the Bills have some playmakers that I just don't see the Chiefs defense answering...namely Lee Evans. Lynch will find it hard to move the ball up the middle, but he's a great receiver out of the backfield, and Trent Edwards is adept at dumping the ball to him in the flat. The question will be can Edwards still cover a RB of his caliber coming out of the backfield. I say yes, but it's closer than the above prediction.

Chiefs vs Raiders-W (36-14)

This here is a statement game. The Chiefs come in 6-5 and need to win 3 or 4 of their remaining 5 to go to the playoffs. Meanwhile the Raiders will be sitting on 3 wins and looking to another losing season. The Chiefs start to run away with this one in the second half.

Chiefs vs Broncos-L (35-31)

In a battle for the division...(yep I said Division) the Chiefs lose a close one. Cutler-Marshall connection is the difference maker.

After losing "Lights Out" early in the season the defense of the Chargers spins out of control and they try to compensate for their inconsistent pass rush they blitz a lot, which leaves them very vulnerable to teams that have big WRs and or a good TE. Enter Bowe & Gonzalez.

See the Falcons...The Dolphins are better, but they're a season away from being good. The Chiefs are now playing for a playoff spot.

Chiefs vs Bengals-W (35-24)

If Palmer is still alive, he likely won't be in one piece. The Bengals Defense is bad, but their O-line might be worse...

FINAL THOUGHTS!

Okay my thoughts...I have them in a clear wild card and maybe fighting for the division. I truly think that San Diego's defense will struggle as Merriman will either be a shadow of himself or won't be playing at all. The Raiders are still bad, and frankly I'm not sold on Selvin Young being the answer for the Broncos.

10-6 and a possible slide into the last playoff spot. Unfortunately I think they lose the tiebreaker and Jacksonville with the same record gets that spot.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

I think we'll lose to the Saints and get swept by the Chargers this season. I was encouraged by what I saw in the pre-season, but remember the Rams didn't play any starters in that game and it was pre-season! I think it will take some games for the team to gel as a whole just because we have so many young players on the team and they're going to make mistakes, especially in the first part of the season. Mistakes that could cost us games that we should have won. And you know Herm is going to make a couple of boneheaded moves in some of these games that could hurt us. If we go 7-9 I'll consider it a good season. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

My "8" ball says: "Yes".

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

I think ... no I believe .. we will be 16-0 regular season, and I choose to believe that until the Chiefs lose a game. I personally though wont rule out winning the first game as Tom Brady hasnt played lately due to injury and he may not be 100% if he even plays against the Chiefs. Could be what we need to get a Big early win.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    I think ... no I believe .. we will be 16-0 regular season, and I choose to believe that until the Chiefs lose a game. I personally though wont rule out winning the first game as Tom Brady hasnt played lately due to injury and he may not be 100% if he even plays against the Chiefs. Could be what we need to get a Big early win.
    That's the only reason that I even have us in the game. We could get lucky and steal it if he's REALLY off, I'm just not counting on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    My "8" ball says: "Yes".
    "Yes" to a winning season, or "Yes" to a losing season? Dude, referencing the "8 Ball" is really dating yourself and me. I use to have one myself as a kid.
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Im 35 and still have 1! I need to get a scedule to properly answer this thread but at the moment, I dont see why we cant go 500. I think TG will be TG, LJ will come back, Cottam will be another threat and Franklin will make his mark as did Bowe did last year. Yes, I know im forgetting some positions but im just trying to be optimistic for Canada's sake so he dont have a heartattack! JK Canada!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast