Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will He Play or Not!

Default Will He Play or Not!

index.cfm?ac=rss&pcid=ODE=&cat=QXVkaW8gLSBJbnRlcnZ pZXdz
    Sorry this link did not work! Go the Patsie web site and listen to the interview with Brady!
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 09-02-2008 at 03:52 PM.

Yes he will play. He himself has said he is ready to play. He has gotten better over the last couple weeks.

His coach is the one saying nothing and that they will list the injury list on Friday. I am pretty sure this is keep the Chiefs questioning who to prepare for.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Yes he will play. He himself has said he is ready to play. He has gotten better over the last couple weeks.

His coach is the one saying nothing and that they will list the injury list on Friday. I am pretty sure this is keep the Chiefs questioning who to prepare for.
    If he plays, it won't be for long. We'll knock his a$$ out before the 1st half ends....
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    If he plays, it won't be for long. We'll knock his a$$ out before the 1st half ends....
    That would make me happy as I face him in 3 different fantasy leagues this weekend.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Question is.... will it be Dorsey or Hali to do it?

I see Jason Whitlock's latest piece for the KC Star advises Belicheat to sit Brady. Wow Whitlock really trashes the Chiefs even more so than usual in this column.

A few quotes:

"Go ahead and keep Tom Brady on the bench. Trust me, you don’t need him to beat these Chiefs. You probably don’t need Randy Moss, either."

"Coach, you should treat Sunday’s season opener like a fifth exhibition. Rest your starters, particularly Tom Brady."

"These Chiefs, Carl Peterson’s 20th rendition, are the ultimate slump-busters. They’re a more reliable booty call than the girls found in Eliot Spitzer’s rolodex. In fact, we’re thinking of dropping the K in KC Chiefs and going with a B, the Booty Call Chiefs."

"Brady hasn’t played during the preseason. You don’t want Brady cramping up after leading multiple 15-play drives."

"Look, let’s say Kansas City’s defense LUCKS OUT and stops your offense." (Emphasis mine)

Wow. As I was reading this I kept in mind the slight chance that Whitlock was using sarcasm or reverse psychology. Because even for him, this seemed unbelievably extreme in trashing the Chiefs and praising the Pats. But then he came out and showed he was dead serious:

"OK, I know you probably think I’m sandbagging you or trying reverse psychology to fire up my Chiefs. I’m not."

He then came out with this statement:

"I want the Chiefs to stink this year and get another high draft pick, so we’ll be in position to grab the best quarterback in the draft."

It'd be one thing to say, "I'm hoping for a good year. I'm hoping we surprise and play competitively against New England and maybe even pull off an upset. And also be in playoff contention and maybe even get in. But if we do have another season along the lines of 4-12, the one bright spot would be another high draft pick for next year." But to come out and say, "I want the Chiefs to stink" disgusts me.

Reading over the many user comments to the article, most were also annoyed with Whitlock. A few liked the column, although even a few of them hardly seemed like Chiefs fans since they accompanied their anti-Chiefs comments with sarcastic laughter like BWU HA HA HA HA HA HA!

There were also a couple who said people aren't getting it that Whitlock was joking. If that's true, then I missed something here. He even says in his own column that's not the case. Yet there was underlying subtle humor anyway?

Oh well. I think Brady will play. I pick the Chiefs to beat the 16.5 spread but lose the game. I'll pick the Chiefs to lead 14-10 at halftime and hold till the 4th quarter and then either lose 17-14 or 24-14 if NE adds a very late 4th qtr score. Hope they can win this game, of course! GO CHIEFS! (I also saw Herm Edwards' latest press conference and he was asked if he was playing to win the game at New England or looking to just keep it close or have a moral victory. Of course Herm said he was preparing the team to WIN. Duh what dumb question, eh? Like any coach would say, "Yeah we can't expect we'd beat another professional football team as good as they are. So we're hoping to beat the spread. That would be victory for us.") Dumb question. Almost as dumb as Jason's column which one user stated:

"This is the dumbest thing Twitlock has ever written and that's saying something."

In all due respect. If you take your biased opinion for the Chiefs and ignore it. Twitlock is making some sense and that is very rare.

This team is rebuilding, we all know it. We are building for the future. This year is about gaining experience and learning so that our young players are ready to compete next year.

While I don't want the Chiefs to fail to draft the next best Qb. We do need those higher picks to fill other obvious holes that will remain next year. Which may be QB, but most likely will be O line, line backer or another corner.

If you look at this team, most of the team is made up of firs year players or rookies. The other half are players near the end of their career.

the time of filling needs via free agency are over. The replacement for Tony G, Donnie Edwards, Pat Surtain, Brian Waters and any other new player that dosen't make needs to come from the draft. That is how teams are built for long success.

This is where Herm tells you to get over it, because it happens in the NFL. The Chiefs haven't seen this in years.

I don't understand fatlock... Why doesn't he move to another city and cover a team he likes? Certainly, being a KC sports fan has been a difficult test of patience. I understand being critical of our home organizations and even becoming somewhat cynical at times-- it's natural. However, fatlock just fills his columns with pure hatred. He just doesn't seem very professional for someone who is doing what he does for a living. When I deal with a customer at my computer store, I can maybe take a little jab at Microsoft here and there but I can't cuss and spit and rant and rave about how bad they suck for half an hour without driving people away. Fatlock sucks and he's not even worth ranting about. He can write whatever he wants. He still looks stupid to me.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I don't understand fatlock... Why doesn't he move to another city and cover a team he likes? Certainly, being a KC sports fan has been a difficult test of patience. I understand being critical of our home organizations and even becoming somewhat cynical at times-- it's natural. However, fatlock just fills his columns with pure hatred. He just doesn't seem very professional for someone who is doing what he does for a living. When I deal with a customer at my computer store, I can maybe take a little jab at Microsoft here and there but I can't cuss and spit and rant and rave about how bad they suck for half an hour without driving people away. Fatlock sucks and he's not even worth ranting about. He can write whatever he wants. He still looks stupid to me.
    if people don't read Twitlocks articles he doesen't get paid. He tries to make them as contraversial as possible so people will read. It works because people are *****ing about his article and posting it for others to read.

Jason Whitlock is the biggest piece of trash Ive ever seen. I hope somebody blows that mother _ uckers head off.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast