Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ALL Final cuts right here!

Default ALL Final cuts right here!

Kansas City placed TE Michael Merritt on the Reserve/Non-Football Injury List (NFI). The Chiefs released:

T Anthony Alabi
    TE Michael Allan
    WR Jabari Arthur
    CB Rashad Barksdale
    K Connor Barth
    S Khayyam Burns
    DE Johnny Dingle
    G Edwin Harrison
    WR Sergiori Joachim
    LB E.J. Kuale
    G Travis Leffew
    DT Derek Lokey
    FB Chris Manderino
    WR Kevin McMahan
    LB Steve Octavien
    DE Jason Parker
    LB LeRue Rumph
    WR Bobby Sippio (Hope to god hes on the practice squad atleast!)
    C Rob Smith
    G Tre Stallings
    T Will Svitek.

The only one i am wondering about is Bobby Sippio. What the F_(K! Hes never dropped a pass in his life! He was one of the pre-season stars this year. Im not happy with that one!

Although they might be putting him on the practice squad.....HOPEFULLY
    Last edited by Big Daddy Tek; 08-30-2008 at 08:09 PM.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Kansas City placed TE Michael Merritt on the Reserve/Non-Football Injury List (NFI). The Chiefs released:

T Anthony Alabi
    TE Michael Allan
    WR Jabari Arthur
    CB Rashad Barksdale
    K Connor Barth
    S Khayyam Burns
    DE Johnny Dingle
    G Edwin Harrison
    WR Sergiori Joachim
    LB E.J. Kuale
    G Travis Leffew
    DT Derek Lokey
    FB Chris Manderino
    WR Kevin McMahan
    LB Steve Octavien
    DE Jason Parker
    LB LeRue Rumph
    WR Bobby Sippio (Hope to god hes on the practice squad atleast!)
    C Rob Smith
    G Tre Stallings
    T Will Svitek.

The only one i am wondering about is Bobby Sippio. What the F_(K! Hes never dropped a pass in his life! He was one of the pre-season stars this year. Im not happy with that one!

Although they might be putting him on the practice squad.....HOPEFULLY
    These are about the only names I recognize, and it couldn't have come soon enough for Svitek. I, too, hope there is a spot for Sippio on the practice squad.

Tre Stallings was on our O-line for a bit last season to fill in for injuries. Obviously, he stunk.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Default Question

Looking at some of the players cut by other teams, the Chiefs could pick up some Quarterback help if they were so inclined. They want young players and there are young QB prospects out there with Chris Simms and Bruce Gradkowski. After watching Thigpen and Croyle this preseason I'd be interested to see the Chiefs take a look at both guys,

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

I am actually a bit surprised that they cut the FB Manderino. I didnt think he played bad or anything and I really thought the Chiefs wanted to go with a true FB this yr and not a transplant from another position. I guess for the time being Cottam will turn into the next Jason Dunn (Atleast for now)

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Looking through the other roster cuts, I have seen some interesting cuts. One of which is QB Andre Woodson, he was touted to be a high pick coming into the draft and was just released by the Giants, I have seen several running backs including Kenton Keith from the Colts last year although I dont feel that the Chiefs need any running backs.

I saw J Lamen who was a good linebacker for the Illini on the cuts and one very interesting cut the Titans cut Calvin Lowry he is a third year guy that played in all 16 games the last 2 years and started 11 last year. I dont see him lasting long but if we could use another safety that would be a nice pick. Although I dont know enough about him to know the downside.

Kicker Josh Huston was waived by the Giants as well they then signed John Carney so it looks like if Nick Novak doesnt get the job done the Chiefs may not have Carney to fall back on this year. Although I hope it doesnt come to this.

I found all of this info at http://blogs.nfl.com/category/news/

If anyone sees others they would like to add feel free. Jarome McDougle was another interesting one although I did not add him to my list.

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    I am actually a bit surprised that they cut the FB Manderino. I didnt think he played bad or anything and I really thought the Chiefs wanted to go with a true FB this yr and not a transplant from another position. I guess for the time being Cottam will turn into the next Jason Dunn (Atleast for now)
    Throughout the Preseason Mike Cox was the number one at FB so I wasnt suprised by losing Manderino and Cox is a rookie where Manderino had a couple of seasons under his belt. I was kinda suprised .. well not suprised but a little let down by releasing Derek Lokey, Larue Rumph and Steve Octavian (Octravian was first team O Line due to injuries).

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Throughout the Preseason Mike Cox was the number one at FB so I wasnt suprised by losing Manderino and Cox is a rookie where Manderino had a couple of seasons under his belt. I was kinda suprised .. well not suprised but a little let down by releasing Derek Lokey, Larue Rumph and Steve Octavian (Octravian was first team O Line due to injuries).
    Cox is a bright spot, thus far. I was just hoping for a FB that could block like T-Rich, but he can catch it and run over people! Big plus, there.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

With Sippio it was probably his lack of size that got him cut. Hopefully, he'll make the practice squad.
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

Interesting observation but did anyone else notice that every one of the 12 Draft picks is either on the 53 or Physically Unable to Play or Non Football Injury lists. Just noticed that and yes I know it is still early after the initial cuts but either the team is too proud to let a draft pick go or they actually had good picks all the way though. I lean toward good picks all the way through.

I did see that they cut Wes Dacus to add Erik Walden, reading about Walden one place predicted him to go Undrafted Free Agent although the Cowgirls selected him in the 6th round ... and I hear he was really underrated but a great player ... guess we will see.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast