Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tynes has kicked his last as a Chief

Default Tynes has kicked his last as a Chief

Kansas City Trades K Lawrence Tynes to the N.Y. Giants

May 22, 2007, 3:16:20 PM

Kansas City Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced on Tuesday that the club has traded K Lawrence Tynes to the N.Y. Giants for future considerations.
    Tynes (6-1, 202) played in 48 regular season games and one postseason contest in three seasons (2004-06) with Kansas City. He converted 68 of 87 field goals (78.2%) and 137 of 141 PATs for 341 points. He ranks fourth in Chiefs history with 68 career field goals and is fifth in team annals with 136 PATs. Tynes stands fourth in team lore with six field goals of 50+ yards, booting two each the last three seasons. The Greenock, Scotland native connected on 27 of 33 field goals (81.8%) and 44 of 45 PATs for a career-high 125 points in 2005. He kicked two game-winning field goals a year ago, including a career-long 53-yarder vs. San Diego (10/22/06), the second-longest game-winning kick in Chiefs history. He also earned AFC Special Teams Player of the Week honors when he had a 19-yard field goal at Arizona (10/8/06).
    Tynes spent two seasons (2002-03) with the Ottawa Renegades of the Canadian Football League, playing in 26 contests. He converted 71 of 87 field goals (81.6%) and all 51 PATs for 275 points. He also played in 10 games for the Scottish Claymores of NFL Europe in 2002. He originally entered the NFL as a rookie free agent with Kansas City in 2001.
    The Troy State product connected on 45 of 62 field goals (72.6%) and 127 of 131 PATs for 262 points during his four-year collegiate career for the Trojans. Tynes was a standout kicker at Milton High School in Milton, Florida.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/05...the_ny_giants/
    Last edited by Chiefster; 05-22-2007 at 07:43 PM.

I didn't realize that the Chiefs were unhappy with Tynes. Let's hope the rookie works out. If he stinks it up, we can still get Carney off waivers.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I didn't realize that the Chiefs were unhappy with Tynes. Let's hope the rookie works out. If he stinks it up, we can still get Carney off waivers.

Yeah I didn't either; I thought he did a decent job last year. He was not nearly as inconsistant as in years past.

Smile

Well we know why :character00179: drafted a kicker, I can hardly wait to see what this season's Chief's look like on opening day. I'm pulling for Coach Edwards to make some semblance of a run with what he has to work with, why? Because I love my Chief's.

GO CHIEF"S BEAT :character00179: missmangement!!
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

I think this is just another step, for Herm Edwards' plan, to remove all players who aren't his own. They have been getting "ditched" at a record pace.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I think this is just another step, for Herm Edwards' plan, to remove all players who aren't his own. They have been getting "ditched" at a record pace.

Agreed; I fear that he is, at this position, fixing that which is not broke.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Agreed; I fear that he is, at this position, fixing that which is not broke.
    Right with you, here, Chiefster. Yeah, Tynes missed a "chip-shot" in the playoffs, but was, at least, average, on the season. What he lacked in kickoff distance, I think he made up for, in field goal distance and reliability. Also, he was still improving.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Right with you, here, Chiefster. Yeah, Tynes missed a "chip-shot" in the playoffs, but was, at least, average, on the season. What he lacked in kickoff distance, I think he made up for, in field goal distance and reliability. Also, he was still improving.

Exactly!

He was young. But I did hate the short kickoffs!

reminds me of doug o'brien
    :character00112:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast