Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Look Forward

Default Look Forward

Nothing to be ashamed of in this game... I think bowe got the early jitters.... surtain needs to get his balls back.... The MVP needs to be Pollard!!! But all in all.... we kept it close and they didnt get the spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Technically, we aren't. We're just playing to get guys experience for the future, I just think that we may have enough talent plus an easy schedule to make things interesting.
    Strongly disagree. The Kansas City Chiefs is a professional organization that is built for one thing-to win football games.
    We've been building for the future for 35 years. When is it time to win? Maybe next year?
    SHUT IT

Only reason I think that is Herm. Every time I listen to him speak, he's always talking about getting guys in the game, and getting them in to play, and blah blah blah. You guys just heard him talk about Thigpen possibly playing! Does that sound like a team that is ready to win now? That kind of mindset he's showing me shows that he thinks we aren't ready yet. Don't blame me, blame Herm.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

I'm not blaming you. I blame Carl Peterson. Can't blame Hermie just yet. Give him a chance. King carl been here for 20 years, Hermie for 2. And as far as Thigpen playing, that may be our ONLY shot at winning. Look at Ryan and Flacco last weekend....
    SHUT IT

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I agree with the youth-movement idea. So I'd support the idea of going with Thigpen.

But saying things like "Huard couldn't win the job in Miami" are just irrelavant insults.

Drew Brees couldn't win the job in San Diego. Rich Gannon couldn't win the job in K.C. Tom Brady didn't win the job in New England. (Injury forced him in.) Steve Young couldn't win the job over Montana.

Michael Jordan said it best...

"I have failed over, and over agian in my career....and that is why I succeed."

Just because someone failed at something once...twice...three times, or more... doesn't mean that they are unable to succeed.

Having said all of that, Huard is nothing more than a patch on a wound here. This team is not built to win now. That is why I agree with allowing Thigpen, or any other young QB, start from here on out.

Brees' had the job and was successful...

Rich Gannon should of never been taken out after Grbac got healthy...

yes, Young and Brady won the jobs by default.....

You didnt see Brady of Young lose their jobs cause the coach wanted to put back in the starter.

Huard? Is still nothing than a back-up!

Unless the dfense picks it up and carries us we are screwed!

So is Croyle!
    Last edited by Bike; 09-10-2008 at 10:08 PM.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    Brees' had the job and was successful...

But lost out because someone wanted to go younger. No similarity there? Huard didn't do enough to win the job in '06?

Rich Gannon should of never been taken out after Grbac got healthy...

Seems like the same situation Huard was in recently.

yes, Young and Brady won the jobs by default.....

You didnt see Brady of Young lose their jobs cause the coach wanted to put back in the starter.

I did see that happen to Steve Young. You don't remember that?

And Brady was the young guy. So there was no younger QB to replace him with.

Until he is given the opportunity. But, until then, that is merely a statement of Herms decision.

Unless the dfense picks it up and carries us we are screwed!
    We were 0-7 with Croyle. Were we not in that situation anyway?

You quoted me as saying that I agree that Huard is not answer for here, and now.

I just think that labeling him as a 'career back-up' is merely saying that Herm was not smart enough to continue starting him when he needed too.

But we use the term to suggest that Huard is not a good QB because of it.

Really? Because, QB expert, Herm Edwards says so?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123