Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Look Forward

Default Look Forward

Nothing to be ashamed of in this game... I think bowe got the early jitters.... surtain needs to get his balls back.... The MVP needs to be Pollard!!! But all in all.... we kept it close and they didnt get the spread.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Yes, I saw some good things in the game but overall? I think it was a ALMOST total disaster. When LJ got the call, it was entirely up the middle. When Charles got the call, he bounced it outside. I think they are entirely designed plays for each RB. Also, yes the D held their own for the most part but, there were way too many holes that were picked apart. The offense couldnt even capitalize on the turnovers which is what kiled us in the end. If we woulda got atleast field goals then we woulda just needed a FG at the end of the game. Then with that? We have D Bowe and TG that can jump and snatch a ball over a defender! Why would we keep running Bowe to the corner of the end zone where the defender can use that to help his defense? I think we woulda been better off throwing another high pass as they did when we got the touchdown. Although, I did see some things that will be a factor to learn on and it mainly was the younger defensive players showing some signs of life. Also I liked what I saw outta Charles to a point, he has alot of upside as they say. Although I dont like seeing BJ Sams back returning kicks or punts. Thats a wasted spot if you ask me since we kept a extra running back in Savage.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    if Brodie didnt go down we may have won.
    Come on. Croyle is 0 for ...eternity. (7?)

While Huard is 9-6 (?) as the Chiefs' starter.

Hate him all you want. But realistically, he has been a winner, where Croyle has been a loser.

I like Croyle. I may not like his chances without an offensive line, but I like him.

I just don't get how you can see that much hope in a guy who can't win, and that much gloom in a guy who has won more often than he has lost here.

It simply defies logic.

Only thing I don't like about Huard is his mobility. It causes him to get into bad situations where he either gets pressured and makes a bad decision, a sack, or a sack and a fumble. When he has time, he's shown that he can hit receivers. That strike to Darling was beautiful!
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Only thing I don't like about Huard is his mobility. It causes him to get into bad situations where he either gets pressured and makes a bad decision, a sack, or a sack and a fumble. When he has time, he's shown that he can hit receivers. That strike to Darling was beautiful!
    Now this I can agree to, that is why we need to let Thig have a shot, until this O-line can handle the pass rush, we need a QB that is a threat to run for the first down. That will help take the pressure from pass rush off. If Thig scrambled for some first downs, defenses would have to adjust for that, that then open up the passing game. imo

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Huard has played well for us in the past but lets face it....He couldnt win a starters job in Miami! He cant scramble and he sometimes panicks under pressure if you ask me. He forces the ball when he shouldnt at times. If we are rebuilding and going younger then let thigpen have the ball and see what he can do as a starter. I was never a bandwagon fan of his but if we are comitted to a youth movement then lets stick with it! Another reason is would be that if huard does well (knowing he only has another year or maybe 2) then we bring back in Croyle...then its another Grbac v Gannon thing! If we go and see what Thigpen can do and he does well, then we can say we stuck to the youth....if opposite then its understandable why Herm would put Croyle back in.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Come on. Croyle is 0 for ...eternity. (7?)

While Huard is 9-6 (?) as the Chiefs' starter.

Hate him all you want. But realistically, he has been a winner, where Croyle has been a loser.

I like Croyle. I may not like his chances without an offensive line, but I like him.

I just don't get how you can see that much hope in a guy who can't win, and that much gloom in a guy who has won more often than he has lost here.

It simply defies logic.
    I think Huard is 9-9 as Chiefs' starter (5-3 in '06 and 4-6 last year).
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    Huard has played well for us in the past but lets face it....He couldnt win a starters job in Miami! He cant scramble and he sometimes panicks under pressure if you ask me. He forces the ball when he shouldnt at times. If we are rebuilding and going younger then let thigpen have the ball and see what he can do as a starter. I was never a bandwagon fan of his but if we are comitted to a youth movement then lets stick with it! Another reason is would be that if huard does well (knowing he only has another year or maybe 2) then we bring back in Croyle...then its another Grbac v Gannon thing! If we go and see what Thigpen can do and he does well, then we can say we stuck to the youth....if opposite then its understandable why Herm would put Croyle back in.
    I agree with the youth-movement idea. So I'd support the idea of going with Thigpen.

But saying things like "Huard couldn't win the job in Miami" are just irrelavant insults.

Drew Brees couldn't win the job in San Diego. Rich Gannon couldn't win the job in K.C. Tom Brady didn't win the job in New England. (Injury forced him in.) Steve Young couldn't win the job over Montana.

Michael Jordan said it best...

"I have failed over, and over agian in my career....and that is why I succeed."

Just because someone failed at something once...twice...three times, or more... doesn't mean that they are unable to succeed.

Having said all of that, Huard is nothing more than a patch on a wound here. This team is not built to win now. That is why I agree with allowing Thigpen, or any other young QB, start from here on out.

OK, guys. I'm a little tired of people saying "we're not built to win now" etc. and already labeling this another rebuilding year, etc.

I'm not gonna jump out on the thin ice and claim that we are going to win the superbowl or even go to the playoffs. I'm not even saying we will have a winning season. All I'm saying is that we have a lot of young guys who are still getting their first crack at this. Nobody can predict any of this stuff when there are so many unknowns and so much unproven talent at the pro level. Some of these guys may have miracle seasons. Some may fall flat. The team may come together or begin to fray at the edges. I would like to have more confidence in guys that we know are proven but this year is still exciting because it's so unpredictable for us. Yeah, we just might do really bad but the possibility does exist for us to do really well-- no matter how minute some may think that possibility is.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Not built to win now? Why even bother to play the games? I fully believe the Chiefs can win every game they play! We will certainly be built to crush the faders this weekend!
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Not built to win now? Why even bother to play the games? I fully believe the Chiefs can win every game they play! We will certainly be built to crush the faders this weekend!
    Technically, we aren't. We're just playing to get guys experience for the future, I just think that we may have enough talent plus an easy schedule to make things interesting.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast