Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts about the game

Default Thoughts about the game

Well, these boys surprised me today. Did we win? No, but did we get blown out? Absolutely not! Yes, our offense was frustrating to watch, as usual. I hate this conservative play-calling, but I know Herm didn't want to turn it over at all costs.

Our defense looked like it was on a mission to stop the Pats on every turn, and they did a pretty good job of it. The coverage was fantastic, with the exception of a couple of plays where we were thinking run. Our run-D needs work, but it didn't look awful. Yes, Brady didn't play for most of the game, but even if he did, it would've been tough on him.

You guys saw the series where he was in, right? He was extremely conservative, probably because of our coverage. That's a testament to our secondary. Now on to the offense.

Croyle looked ok, besides the injury, Huard wasn't awful, but could've been better. TG looked like TG, and Charles is gonna be a nightmare on 3rd down for many teams, but I was extremely disappointed in Bowe and LJ. LJ DID have holes to run through, he just didn't hit them like he usually does, whereas Charles did. I think he's lost some of his instinct, and he needs a lot of work to get it back.

As for Bowe, just no excuse. No excuse AT ALL for dropping the passes that he did. He proved himself as a top WR last season, and a dependable one at that, but if he keeps dropping passes with no one around, or in the end-zone like he did, we could have SERIOUS problems on offense. I really hope it was just first game jitters, and that he's back next week. I will say his TD catch was nice.

Overall, I was impressed with the way the Chiefs played, but now I just hope our offense can show us some more for the home opener! Oh yeah, DARLING FIANLLY DID SOMETHING!!!

Forgot something else! CHARGERS LOST ON A LAST SECOND TD PASS TO THE PANTHERS!!! That makes me feel MUCH better!
    Last edited by Three7s; 09-07-2008 at 09:06 PM.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    Is that english ?
    I don't think he realizes the difference between his keyboard and the text function on his cell phone.
    Last edited by royalswin100games; 09-08-2008 at 10:00 AM. Reason: cell

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

First I would like to say. That was a freaking Safety. I watched it over and over and over again. There is nothing to lead me to believe that they even got the ball out of the end zone and after watching the Colts get a safety and learing that they whole ball has to break to plain of the goal line. That is a safety and the 50 yard pass to Moss that lead to their first TD would have never happened.

Second. If Welker wasn't stripped by Surtain and if Moss didn't fumble hitting the ground. I really think the optomism many fans are feeling wouldn't be there.

There was one over thrown ball that was a TD becasue Flowers was beat. Other than that. I liked the corner play.

I was really impressed with B. Albert. He really didn't make any huge holes to run through but he held up pretty well against a top notch pass rushing team.

D. Bowe was pretty much shut down by Deltha O'neal. A guy just cut by the Bungals. Then he dropped 4 passes. You need some humble pie son.

Big Mac. I am starting to think that I would rather see Herb Taylor play at RT. Thank goodness the Patsies can't recover a fumble and gave it back to Huard.

I don't see the difference between Chan and Solari.

I think if Bowe didn't drop some passes, Croyle would have had a good game. Since he didn't, there isn't really much to judge him on other than he didn't turn the ball over.

Huard turned the ball over and killed a great chance to squish the Patsies.

They better not fine Pollard for the hit on Brady. If they do, it is clearly because The world ended after Tom got hurt yesterday and the sky was falling. If Sam Morris was not holding Pollard back by his helmet (Holdding him) he wouldn't have hit Brady in the knee. Quit saying it was a dirty Shot, PATSIES... it was your own doing for taking a player down an then holding him down on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    No ****.

I'm kind of scared to see what McFadden does to us next week.

I think we will beat the Raiders at home pretty easily though.
    McFadden is highly over rated. He was a product of a good offensive team beating up on bad defenses. They had to use gimmick plays to get him in one on one situations against lesser defenses.

That won't happen in the NFL. If they can get him in open space he could cuase some issues, but almost anyone can in the NFL.

Seek, I agree...that was a safety on the second down running play from their own endzone. I recorded the game and have watched it several times. If that play is called correctly and Bowe catches the 2nd down attemept from the 5 at the end of the game, the Chiefs win 19-10. Overall we played a hell of a good game for a bunch of first and second year guys against a team that has not lost a game since the 2006 season (with the exception of the SuperBowl) We stayed in the game and had a chance to win at the end. Can't ask for much more than that!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Seek, I agree...that was a safety on the second down running play from their own endzone. I recorded the game and have watched it several times. If that play is called correctly and Bowe catches the 2nd down attemept from the 5 at the end of the game, the Chiefs win 19-10. Overall we played a hell of a good game for a bunch of first and second year guys against a team that has not lost a game since the 2006 season (with the exception of the SuperBowl) We stayed in the game and had a chance to win at the end. Can't ask for much more than that!!
    I agree!! Personally, I think Bowe was the cause of the loss yesterday. Crucial dropped passes including the one in the end zone that went through his hands and hit his face mask!!!!! I really thought it was PI on Delta on the last play of the game. If you watch the replay, he is holding Bowe's arms down so he can't even raise them to make an attempt at catching the ball.

Like you said, we had a chance at the end to win the game regardless of the circumstances and that's all you can ask for, a chance!!

I agree on the PI too, but if he woulda just caught the damn ball on 2nd down it would not have been a concern. The good teams don't get into a position where the refs can decide the game.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    I agree!! Personally, I think Bowe was the cause of the loss yesterday. Crucial dropped passes including the one in the end zone that went through his hands and hit his face mask!!!!! I really thought it was PI on Delta on the last play of the game. If you watch the replay, he is holding Bowe's arms down so he can't even raise them to make an attempt at catching the ball.

Like you said, we had a chance at the end to win the game regardless of the circumstances and that's all you can ask for, a chance!!
    I thought the pass was to far behind him and uncatchable.

Why they didn't try to run it in three times with LJ is beyond me. You get LJ running a straight Dive and he will ge two yards just falling forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I thought the pass was to far behind him and uncatchable.

Why they didn't try to run it in three times with LJ is beyond me. You get LJ running a straight Dive and he will ge two yards just falling forward.
    I think if DBowe had his arm free it woulda hit him right in the hand (left I think)

Its funny that when Herm should run it 3 times str8, he decides to pass. Those are the types of things that make me question Herm as a coach. I have no problem with his personnnel choice, coaching, gameplans etc.... then he goes and does something like throw 3 str8 times to gain 5 yards. (realistically they had 4 shots at it) It makes me scratch my head and say hmmmmmm.....

Whos ingenious idea was to start Pat thomas?.. who got ran over by 31 yr old morris for a 1st down and a big play and who got juked out by Cassel for a 1st down. Who didnt even have to prove himself to KC in the preseason.

Im happy for LJ, now that he got his $$ he can just run out of bounds now on outside runs. And stop bouncing to the outside everytime the line implodes on inside runs. Must be nice, hell CP gimme $$, Ill do that for you for half of what LJs gettin.

Wheres the PA pass?

Bowe was not interfered with at any time.. he had plenty of chances, had plenty of drops. I know Bowes better than that, hopefully its just 1st game jitters.

Damn you Darling, you get in front like that and you cant score a TD.............CUT HIM!!
    Last edited by Sn@keIze; 09-08-2008 at 12:46 PM.

Thanks for bringing that hit up. I had to put away a lot of beer to forget that one. My buddies were all laughing at me after that one. At least the highlight of that will be buried under Brandon Jacobs running over Landry on the Thurs nite game.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast