Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts about the game

Default Thoughts about the game

Well, these boys surprised me today. Did we win? No, but did we get blown out? Absolutely not! Yes, our offense was frustrating to watch, as usual. I hate this conservative play-calling, but I know Herm didn't want to turn it over at all costs.

Our defense looked like it was on a mission to stop the Pats on every turn, and they did a pretty good job of it. The coverage was fantastic, with the exception of a couple of plays where we were thinking run. Our run-D needs work, but it didn't look awful. Yes, Brady didn't play for most of the game, but even if he did, it would've been tough on him.

You guys saw the series where he was in, right? He was extremely conservative, probably because of our coverage. That's a testament to our secondary. Now on to the offense.

Croyle looked ok, besides the injury, Huard wasn't awful, but could've been better. TG looked like TG, and Charles is gonna be a nightmare on 3rd down for many teams, but I was extremely disappointed in Bowe and LJ. LJ DID have holes to run through, he just didn't hit them like he usually does, whereas Charles did. I think he's lost some of his instinct, and he needs a lot of work to get it back.

As for Bowe, just no excuse. No excuse AT ALL for dropping the passes that he did. He proved himself as a top WR last season, and a dependable one at that, but if he keeps dropping passes with no one around, or in the end-zone like he did, we could have SERIOUS problems on offense. I really hope it was just first game jitters, and that he's back next week. I will say his TD catch was nice.

Overall, I was impressed with the way the Chiefs played, but now I just hope our offense can show us some more for the home opener! Oh yeah, DARLING FIANLLY DID SOMETHING!!!

Forgot something else! CHARGERS LOST ON A LAST SECOND TD PASS TO THE PANTHERS!!! That makes me feel MUCH better!
    Last edited by Three7s; 09-07-2008 at 09:06 PM.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

oh god...how sick was that hit from Brandon....glad I dont have to tackle him!!

I don' know why everyone is so down on Huard, I thought he played better than Croyle. He gives us the best chance to win.

Yup.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    They better not fine Pollard for the hit on Brady. If they do, it is clearly because The world ended after Tom got hurt yesterday and the sky was falling. If Sam Morris was not holding Pollard back by his helmet (Holdding him) he wouldn't have hit Brady in the knee. Quit saying it was a dirty Shot, PATSIES... it was your own doing for taking a player down an then holding him down on the ground.

Where have you heard anything about it being a dirty hit? I hadn't heard that anywhere.

I too think you gotta go Huard out of necessity. Croyle had his chances. he is 0-7. Not won one game yet.

Quote Originally Posted by TRB05 View Post
    Where have you heard anything about it being a dirty hit? I hadn't heard that anywhere.
    From Patsie Fans, and more specifically Randy Moss and Sammy Morris. Randy was quoted saying that it was dirty. Even though he never saw the play because he was obviousl running down the sideline. Then went off talking about he has never been a Dirty player, blah blah blah.

Sammy Morris was pleading to the refs to through a flag as it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by chief addict View Post
    I don' know why everyone is so down on Huard, I thought he played better than Croyle. He gives us the best chance to win.
    I honestl believe that if Bowe the crappy Show didn't drop three balls, you guys would be loving what Croyle did yesterday. One of those drops was a play made by Croyle scrambling and hit Bowe on the run and would have been big yards.

From Patsie Fans, and more specifically Randy Moss and Sammy Morris. Randy was quoted saying that it was dirty. Even though he never saw the play because he was obviousl running down the sideline. Then went off talking about he has never been a Dirty player, blah blah blah.

Sammy Morris was pleading to the refs to through a flag as it happened.
    Oh, OK I hadn't heard anything like that.

I honestl believe that if Bowe the crappy Show didn't drop three balls, you guys would be loving what Croyle did yesterday. One of those drops was a play made by Croyle scrambling and hit Bowe on the run and would have been big yards.

I have been rewatching the game today, and Croyle looked better than I thought at first. He was hitting guys pretty much every throw, they just weren't catching it like they should. Just wish he was more durable. I don't think the Chiefs can plan their future around Croyle any longer.

You know, I think we should've ran the ball when we were inside the 5, as well, but not with LJ. I would've done a sweep to Charles on 1st down and see if his speed could at least get a few. Then, either do it again, or power it in with LJ. If were back at the 10 or so, passing would've been the right decision.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by arrowheadGoon305 View Post
    im proud of pollard 4 hurting t.brady...and i hope he does da same 2 j.russel..I HATE DA RAIDERZ!!!!!!!!!!and i hope pollard getza nasty hit on mcfadden!!!dat shud giv him a good welcome into da nfl...LOL

Tom Brady is my fu**ing boy.He should've never been injured for the season.He could've been injured for the game and bounced back but not for the season.The only thing I know is that Bernard Pollard better injure every quarterback that we play.Put it this way...................Bernard Pollard's intention now has to be on severely injuring a player during every game.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast