Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts about the game

Default Thoughts about the game

Well, these boys surprised me today. Did we win? No, but did we get blown out? Absolutely not! Yes, our offense was frustrating to watch, as usual. I hate this conservative play-calling, but I know Herm didn't want to turn it over at all costs.

Our defense looked like it was on a mission to stop the Pats on every turn, and they did a pretty good job of it. The coverage was fantastic, with the exception of a couple of plays where we were thinking run. Our run-D needs work, but it didn't look awful. Yes, Brady didn't play for most of the game, but even if he did, it would've been tough on him.

You guys saw the series where he was in, right? He was extremely conservative, probably because of our coverage. That's a testament to our secondary. Now on to the offense.

Croyle looked ok, besides the injury, Huard wasn't awful, but could've been better. TG looked like TG, and Charles is gonna be a nightmare on 3rd down for many teams, but I was extremely disappointed in Bowe and LJ. LJ DID have holes to run through, he just didn't hit them like he usually does, whereas Charles did. I think he's lost some of his instinct, and he needs a lot of work to get it back.

As for Bowe, just no excuse. No excuse AT ALL for dropping the passes that he did. He proved himself as a top WR last season, and a dependable one at that, but if he keeps dropping passes with no one around, or in the end-zone like he did, we could have SERIOUS problems on offense. I really hope it was just first game jitters, and that he's back next week. I will say his TD catch was nice.

Overall, I was impressed with the way the Chiefs played, but now I just hope our offense can show us some more for the home opener! Oh yeah, DARLING FIANLLY DID SOMETHING!!!

Forgot something else! CHARGERS LOST ON A LAST SECOND TD PASS TO THE PANTHERS!!! That makes me feel MUCH better!
    Last edited by Three7s; 09-07-2008 at 09:06 PM.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Agree 100 percent about LJ. He use to bounce off people and run around them. Not any more. Charles looked better IMO. 45 million. Ouch.
    Don't agree on Croyle. Pats backup looked better. Couldn't even make it through the 1st game. We might want to have a hard look at Chris Simms or another backup QB - and soon!!
    Agree on D. Bowe - too many costly drops.
    I thought our defense did ok - but we still allowed a backup QB beat us.
    Overall, I'm proud of our Chiefs. A valiant effort against a NE team that has won 20 straight regular season games.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Agree 100 percent about LJ. He use to bounce off people and run around them. Not any more. Charles looked better IMO. 45 million. Ouch.
    Don't agree on Croyle. Pats backup looked better. Couldn't even make it through the 1st game. We might want to have a hard look at Chris Simms or another backup QB - and soon!!
    Agree on D. Bowe - too many costly drops.
    I thought our defense did ok - but we still allowed a backup QB beat us.
    Overall, I'm proud of our Chiefs. A valiant effort against a NE team that has won 20 straight regular season games.
    Not saying Croyle was good, just saying he didn't make any dumb decisions. Also, I wouldn't necessarily say that the backup QB beat us, the times the Pats scored was mostly because of the running game.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Not saying Croyle was good, just saying he didn't make any dumb decisions. Also, I wouldn't necessarily say that the backup QB beat us, the times the Pats scored was mostly because of the running game.
    Well, that 50 yard bomb Cassel completed from end zone didn't look like a running play to me. That was a HUGE play for NE.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    No ****.

I'm kind of scared to see what McFadden does to us next week.

I think we will beat the Raiders at home pretty easily though.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

im proud of pollard 4 hurting t.brady...and i hope he does da same 2 j.russel..I HATE DA RAIDERZ!!!!!!!!!!and i hope pollard getza nasty hit on mcfadden!!!dat shud giv him a good welcome into da nfl...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by arrowheadGoon305 View Post
    im proud of pollard 4 hurting t.brady...and i hope he does da same 2 j.russel..I HATE DA RAIDERZ!!!!!!!!!!and i hope pollard getza nasty hit on mcfadden!!!dat shud giv him a good welcome into da nfl...LOL
    ROFLMAO!!!

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

I'm proud of pollard 4 hurting t.brady...and i hope he does da same 2 j.russel..I HATE DA RAIDERZ!!!!!!!!!!and i hope pollard getza nasty hit on mcfadden!!!dat shud giv him a good welcome into da nfl...LOL

Is that english ? And Why would you cheer for any member of your team to intentionally hurt another player . I mean don't get me wrong I was happy to seem him leave the game but not be out for the season. We all know how it feels to lose a valuable player for the season . And did it do us any good anyway? Nope

Raiders. Hate 'em.
    SHUT IT

What a goon. I bet you were lol when Merriman speared Holmes or when Green was carted off.
    SHUT IT

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast