Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Croyle out two weeks

Default Croyle out two weeks

Per PFT:
    Mike Florio
    There was a quarterback injury during Sunday’s Chiefs-Pats game.

Oh, wait. You already know about that one.

But there was another one. Chiefs starter Brodie Croyle left with a shoulder injury. Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that he’ll miss two weeks.

Damon Huard replaced Croyle. It remains to be seen whether Huard or Tyler Thigpen will start the next two games.

Some teams will utilize a veteran backup as the game-day understudy, but use the younger quarterback if there’s a full week to prepare for the next game.

What would you give up to bring back Brady Quinn?

Quote Originally Posted by Grbac View Post
    Damon will start for the upcoming weeks because Herm mentioned that Damon is going to start.What in the hell can Thigpen do under center that Damon can't do?All Damon needs is time in the pocket.Our o-line needs to do a better job of blocking and Damons intention needs to be more focused on the right side of the o-line because B-dub and Albert have completely sealed down the other side while Niswanger is showing flashes of being a very dominate center.How are we not going to go with Damon when he almost won the game for us at the very end in a very clutch situation while facing the defending AFC Super Bowl champs.Damon lives for clutch situations.
    Thigpen can run with the ball. The offensive line still sucks. It'd be a plus to have a guy who, when under pressure, can advance the ball downfield on his feet rather than have to throw the ball away and waste a down or take the sack.

Besides, we all know this isn't a Super Bowl bound team or likely even a viable playoff contender... so how about getting a young quarterback some repetitions just in case Croyle isn't "the guy" after all? Huard's fine, but he's getting long in the tooth. He's never going to win this team a championship before he retires. Sorry.

Damon will start for the upcoming weeks because Herm mentioned that Damon is going to start.What in the hell can Thigpen do under center that Damon can't do?All Damon needs is time in the pocket.Our o-line needs to do a better job of blocking and Damons intention needs to be more focused on the right side of the o-line because B-dub and Albert have completely sealed down the other side while Niswanger is showing flashes of being a very dominate center.How are we not going to go with Damon when he almost won the game for us at the very end in a very clutch situation while facing the defending AFC Super Bowl champs.Damon lives for clutch situations.
    I agree that Damon should start now but what clutch situations are you referring to?

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    I agree that Damon should start now but what clutch situations are you referring to?
    Clutch situation like 1st and Goal at the 5 with less then a minute in the game. Down by a touchdown to the AFC Champs from the previous year, if Huard lives for this stuff I would rather have him live for it elsewhere.

I like Brodie but his injuries are really starting to concern me. I am for bringing in Thig and see what he can do, at this point why not. I would love to make it to the playoffs this year, but I am also not against a losing year to see where we stand. This team has a lot of questions, maybe it is time for some answers. The only thing Huard should be answering now is what time of day would you like the flight out of town. If he isnt the future he should be the past.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Clutch situation like 1st and Goal at the 5 with less then a minute in the game. Down by a touchdown to the AFC Champs from the previous year, if Huard lives for this stuff I would rather have him live for it elsewhere.

I like Brodie but his injuries are really starting to concern me. I am for bringing in Thig and see what he can do, at this point why not. I would love to make it to the playoffs this year, but I am also not against a losing year to see where we stand. This team has a lot of questions, maybe it is time for some answers. The only thing Huard should be answering now is what time of day would you like the flight out of town. If he isnt the future he should be the past.
    I just think Damon gives us a better chance to win at this point. As far as the clutch crap goes, I'm trying to call him out because he doesn't know what he's talking about.

I'm definitely not opposed to seeing Thigpen. If he shows skills in practice, why not. From the stuff I've read, he's not ready. Of course, some of that stuff was quotes from our dumba$$ coach.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

I just think Damon gives us a better chance to win at this point. As far as the clutch crap goes, I'm trying to call him out because he doesn't know what he's talking about.

I'm definitely not opposed to seeing Thigpen. If he shows skills in practice, why not. From the stuff I've read, he's not ready. Of course, some of that stuff was quotes from our dumba$$ coach.
    That wasnt actually aimed at you, more aimed at Hutard. I really thought Hutard did good during Trents injury but it has been over a year since I have seen any reason for Horrid to be on this team, hence my Damon Horrid sig last year before Croyle took over as the starter.

Wow. Huard comes in and throws for two (Bowe dropped one) TDs, and essentially tied the game against The Pats. (Again, Bowe dropped it.)

And he gets ripped to shreds?

Meanwhile, Herm starts his eighth season as a head coach, and gets his starting QB injured (as he has done every year) and Huard is the problem?

Granted, timmy (B5r..whatever) is spouting off nonsense about Damon 'Killer' Huard...But the guy played pretty well against a team that most people would agree is a favorite to go to the Super Bowl, at their stadium.

Huard will probably be the starter, simply because he can take the pounding that our QB will have to endure, and if he gets ruined... "Who cares?" (Not my opinion)

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

As ive stated in other posts....yes, Huard played decent, but he also pannicked at times. Yes, that has to do with a poor or inexperienced line. You cant blame the end of the game on Huard though. He simply threw the ball where he was supposed to. Look at the Darling catch...That was the HOT route if there was a blitz. Huard made the throw and got creamed for doing it. Although, I just simply think Huard is not our answer and nor is Croyle! I think we should be giving Thigpen a chance to start and see how he handles it!

BTW.....does anyone have a list of undrafted QB's instead of the 1's that have "experience"?

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    That wasnt actually aimed at you, more aimed at Hutard. I really thought Hutard did good during Trents injury but it has been over a year since I have seen any reason for Horrid to be on this team, hence my Damon Horrid sig last year before Croyle took over as the starter.
    What about the fact that we were tied for the division lead going into the bye last year under Huard? The four wins we got last season were with Damon under center. They were looking for an excuse to try Brodie out last year and so when Webb barely stepped out on that long pass from Huard against the Packers, (that would have made a huge difference in that game) that was basically all she wrote for Huard's season as starter. A few inches here and a few plays there, and Huard would have been 6-4 instead of 4-6 last season. While Huard may not be a starter to many, I think he is one of the better back-ups in the league.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Clutch situations such as those when he stepped in for Trent while being ranked as having the second best quarterback rating next to Peyton Manning during the 2006 season while also leading the league in interception ratio during that season.All of our wins during last season were comeback from behind wins while having Damon under center.Check out all of our previous games during last season when Damon was under center and you will take notice that he won all of those games during clutch late situations.The first Raiders game was a perfect example.I can simply imagine seeing Damon easily get a win for us during this game while playing the Raiders instead of the game going into a clutch situation.Once again,he has so many weapons to work with.Gonzo,Bowe,Darling,Webb and Franklin.Damn,Darling looks so much better of a wide receiver than he looked with the Ravens while wearing a Chief jersey.Many people slept on Darling but if he can stay true to his aggressive on field winning attitude as he showed during the Patriots game then damn.L.J.=Damon.Both are veteran threats that know how to win games and won't simply give up on you as that as in which Brodie does while continuosly leaving games due to injury.

Damn,Darling looks so much better of a wide receiver than he looked with the Ravens while wearing a Chief jersey.Many people slept on Darling but if he can stay true to his aggressive on field winning attitude as he showed during the Patriots game then damn..
    darling looked real impressive versus the pats. as much as i want sippio to be the #2 WR, im really hoping darling can get the job done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast