Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Croyle out two weeks

Default Croyle out two weeks

Per PFT:
    Mike Florio
    There was a quarterback injury during Sunday’s Chiefs-Pats game.

Oh, wait. You already know about that one.

But there was another one. Chiefs starter Brodie Croyle left with a shoulder injury. Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that he’ll miss two weeks.

Damon Huard replaced Croyle. It remains to be seen whether Huard or Tyler Thigpen will start the next two games.

Some teams will utilize a veteran backup as the game-day understudy, but use the younger quarterback if there’s a full week to prepare for the next game.

What would you give up to bring back Brady Quinn?

Only mistake Darling made was not making a cut back to try and get the defenders to overrun, but that's just nitpicking. If he can reliably get open and make all the catches that should be made, then he's welcome in my book!
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

The ultimate goal of the Chiefs is to win the Super Bowl. It aint happening this year, deal with it. Huard will not be here, at least as a starter, when this goal is realized. So what would be the purpose of playing Huard over Croyle, or Thigpen for that matter?

I think alot of fans are missing the point on the QB situation, and frankly I think the Chiefs are making a mistake as well going with Huard, but they have to consider attendence as well, I don't.

It's NOT about THIS year, its about next year and the years after. They have got to find out about Croyle, he is about down to his last chance I think. If he comes back and sucks, or gets hurt again, I think that is all she wrote for his career here, and the Chiefs must find a solution elsewhere.
    /rant

Quote Originally Posted by TRB05 View Post
    The ultimate goal of the Chiefs is to win the Super Bowl. It aint happening this year, deal with it. Huard will not be here, at least as a starter, when this goal is realized. So what would be the purpose of playing Huard over Croyle, or Thigpen for that matter?

I think alot of fans are missing the point on the QB situation, and frankly I think the Chiefs are making a mistake as well going with Huard, but they have to consider attendence as well, I don't.

It's NOT about THIS year, its about next year and the years after. They have got to find out about Croyle, he is about down to his last chance I think. If he comes back and sucks, or gets hurt again, I think that is all she wrote for his career here, and the Chiefs must find a solution elsewhere.
    /rant
    Good post! Listen I think we're not being told the true extent of Croyle's injury. My gut tells me he's through for the season and the team will announce his placement on IR. Why else would the team sign a 5th round, 3rd string QB from a no name college? That would put 4 QB's on the team. That makes no sense. I think if Croyle is done, Thigpen gets the nod and Huard is back to the bench. I could be wrong, but something just isn't right here.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    Good post! Listen I think we're not being told the true extent of Croyle's injury. My gut tells me he's through for the season and the team will announce his placement on IR. Why else would the team sign a 5th round, 3rd string QB from a no name college? That would put 4 QB's on the team. That makes no sense. I think if Croyle is done, Thigpen gets the nod and Huard is back to the bench. I could be wrong, but something just isn't right here.
    You can't just play the next 2-4 weeks with only two QBs. The Chiefs decided to go with a 3rd string guy who could be the emergency 3rd stringer. You're going to see Huard play against Oakland, then Thigpen start until Croyle comes back. I'd be more concerned about Croyle's long term health if we had gone out and signed Simms or any other big name on the FA market.

Signing a 3rd rounder is more good news than bad as far as Croyle is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    You can't just play the next 2-4 weeks with only two QBs. The Chiefs decided to go with a 3rd string guy who could be the emergency 3rd stringer. You're going to see Huard play against Oakland, then Thigpen start until Croyle comes back. I'd be more concerned about Croyle's long term health if we had gone out and signed Simms or any other big name on the FA market.

Signing a 3rd rounder is more good news than bad as far as Croyle is concerned.
    I've never heard of a team doing this before. Bringing in a 4th string QB just have there "in case." If what has being told about Croyles injuries is true, and he's out 2 weeks, they are not going to bring in a 4th backup when there is already two behind Croyle. In the next day or so, we'll get the bad news Croyle's out for the season on IR. That will free up a roster spot for our new no name QB bench warmer.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

IMO, Croyle IS a backup. We need a starter. We needed Chris Simms.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    I've never heard of a team doing this before. Bringing in a 4th string QB just have there "in case." If what has being told about Croyles injuries is true, and he's out 2 weeks, they are not going to bring in a 4th backup when there is already two behind Croyle. In the next day or so, we'll get the bad news Croyle's out for the season on IR. That will free up a roster spot for our new no name QB bench warmer.
    But that doesn't make sense. They've said since day one that this could be somewhere in the 2-4 week range. He wouldn't be the "4th backup to Croyle." Every team usually goes into a game with 3 QBs. I don't understand what is so unbelievable about this. The Pats lost a QB and everyone is expecting them to sign someone to come in and be the third guy. Same thing with the Titans.

You act like it's out of the question for two QBs to go down in one game... especially with Huard standing there just waiting to get hit. Why wouldn't you want a third guy? When Croyle comes back, Martin just goes to the practice squad or waiver wire.

I just don't see why this signing SCREAMS season over for Croyle.

I like Huards vision regardless of his Athletic ability. Hes sees open men when they are open , he grips it and rips it. Croyle was spending so much time trying not to make any mistakes like he did last season when instead of throwing the ball away he threw interceptions. noww hes holding it and looking for an open check down guys. We need a guy with the balls to take a chance and Huard fits that bill with his experience. I am not saying he should be our starter , but we are lucky to have him right now ! Quinn Gray maybe would have been better than the no-name guy we picked up. He is a beast in size, very very fast and has a great arm. and HE WOULD HAVE GONE CHEAP which seems to be what we are looking for.I really wish we could lure Brady Quinn away from clevland with a promise of a starting position . If not this year , next year. We have extra money right?

I have no problem sticking with Huard. He's just not very mobile. Until our OL improves, not the ideal situation. I just want to see Thig get in a game and see what he can do.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    I like Huards vision regardless of his Athletic ability. Hes sees open men when they are open , he grips it and rips it. Croyle was spending so much time trying not to make any mistakes like he did last season when instead of throwing the ball away he threw interceptions. noww hes holding it and looking for an open check down guys. We need a guy with the balls to take a chance and Huard fits that bill with his experience. I am not saying he should be our starter , but we are lucky to have him right now ! Quinn Gray maybe would have been better than the no-name guy we picked up. He is a beast in size, very very fast and has a great arm. and HE WOULD HAVE GONE CHEAP which seems to be what we are looking for.I really wish we could lure Brady Quinn away from clevland with a promise of a starting position . If not this year , next year. We have extra money right?

Lure? Quinn has no say in the matter. The question is, do we have the pieces to move in order to get him from Cleveland? It's gonna take some draft picks and/or young players to bring in a potential franchise QB to another franchise. Although, i think the Browns would be more apt to trade Anderson than Quinn.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast