Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Croyle out two weeks

Default Croyle out two weeks

Per PFT:
    Mike Florio
    There was a quarterback injury during Sunday’s Chiefs-Pats game.

Oh, wait. You already know about that one.

But there was another one. Chiefs starter Brodie Croyle left with a shoulder injury. Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that he’ll miss two weeks.

Damon Huard replaced Croyle. It remains to be seen whether Huard or Tyler Thigpen will start the next two games.

Some teams will utilize a veteran backup as the game-day understudy, but use the younger quarterback if there’s a full week to prepare for the next game.

What would you give up to bring back Brady Quinn?

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Per PFT:
    Mike Florio
    There was a quarterback injury during Sunday’s Chiefs-Pats game.

Oh, wait. You already know about that one.

But there was another one. Chiefs starter Brodie Croyle left with a shoulder injury. Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that he’ll miss two weeks.

Damon Huard replaced Croyle. It remains to be seen whether Huard or Tyler Thigpen will start the next two games.

Some teams will utilize a veteran backup as the game-day understudy, but use the younger quarterback if there’s a full week to prepare for the next game.

What would you give up to bring back Brady Quinn?
    I think Huard gives us best chance to win...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I think Huard gives us best chance to win...
    umm, no. the bootleg is an integral part of this offense and Huard is a statue. It's either Thigpen, FA or we trade for a guy.

umm, no. the bootleg is an integral part of this offense and Huard is a statue. It's either Thigpen, FA or we trade for a guy.
    AHH, trade for a guy? Good call. He'll know this offense much better than Huard....
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    AHH, trade for a guy? Good call. He'll know this offense much better than Huard....
    Apparently, it's not a tough system to learn. He may not know that system, but at least he'll be able to perform. But, if you're trading for a guy (like Quinn) you'd be making a loud statement about the future of Croyle's future.

The replacement will obviously be Thigpen. I just don't think Croyle should be the guy anymore. The O-line has improved, but its not perfect and the QB needs to be able to take a hit. Croyle would be good behind the Pats O-line. We need a guy who's built like a Mac truck... someone like Quinn.

Apparently, it's not a tough system to learn. He may not know that system, but at least he'll be able to perform. But, if you're trading for a guy (like Quinn) you'd be making a loud statement about the future of Croyle's future.

The replacement will obviously be Thigpen. I just don't think Croyle should be the guy anymore. The O-line has improved, but its not perfect and the QB needs to be able to take a hit. Croyle would be good behind the Pats O-line. We need a guy who's built like a Mac truck... someone like Quinn.
    You can think Croyle shouldn't be the guy all you want. The fact of the matter is Huard will be starting and Herm will still start Croyle when he gets back. It won't even matter if Huard, or even your boy Thigpen plays well. Croyle is Herm's boy and he will be the starter.
    Last edited by royalswin100games; 09-07-2008 at 10:57 PM. Reason: shouldn't

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Its easily Huard fellas. Herm said it in the post game conference. Huards starting. With good blocking Damon has never been bad for us. Support him

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    You can think Croyle shouldn't be the guy all you want. The fact of the matter is Huard will be starting and Herm will still start Croyle when he gets back. It won't even matter if Huard, or even your boy Thigpen plays well. Croyle is Herm's boy and he will be the starter.
    I think the posted article was accurate in its assessment of the situation. I think they went with Huard today because he was the vet. But if Thigpen gets an whole week to prepare, the offense is better suited for his skill set. Hell, the Chiefs didn't even announce who the backup would be going into the game because Thigpen was probably better in the offense than Huard.

I think the posted article was accurate in its assessment of the situation. I think they went with Huard today because he was the vet. But if Thigpen gets an whole week to prepare, the offense is better suited for his skill set. Hell, the Chiefs didn't even announce who the backup would be going into the game because Thigpen was probably better in the offense than Huard.
    Could be but Big Daddy said he heard what Herm had to say in the press conference - Huard will be starting.

If Thigpen gives us a better chance to win, I would be all for him starting. I guess we will find out.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Herm said Thigpen presses to much and turns the ball over too much for his liking. Almost exact quote. He said Huard is the starter. When a reporter asked him if this team was better with Damon, He said "I dont know"

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast