Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Croyle out two weeks

Default Croyle out two weeks

Per PFT:
    Mike Florio
    There was a quarterback injury during Sunday’s Chiefs-Pats game.

Oh, wait. You already know about that one.

But there was another one. Chiefs starter Brodie Croyle left with a shoulder injury. Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that he’ll miss two weeks.

Damon Huard replaced Croyle. It remains to be seen whether Huard or Tyler Thigpen will start the next two games.

Some teams will utilize a veteran backup as the game-day understudy, but use the younger quarterback if there’s a full week to prepare for the next game.

What would you give up to bring back Brady Quinn?

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    I like Huards vision regardless of his Athletic ability. Hes sees open men when they are open , he grips it and rips it. Croyle was spending so much time trying not to make any mistakes like he did last season when instead of throwing the ball away he threw interceptions. noww hes holding it and looking for an open check down guys. We need a guy with the balls to take a chance and Huard fits that bill with his experience. I am not saying he should be our starter , but we are lucky to have him right now ! Quinn Gray maybe would have been better than the no-name guy we picked up. He is a beast in size, very very fast and has a great arm. and HE WOULD HAVE GONE CHEAP which seems to be what we are looking for.I really wish we could lure Brady Quinn away from clevland with a promise of a starting position . If not this year , next year. We have extra money right?
    I hear you, and all of you Chief Crowd Members, about Damion, butt damm, we need a QB that can move!!!! Not a drop back passer, we have not yet proved that we can protect a drop back passer, so, to win!!!!, which is very much I want, we need to change it up, we need QB that can run, and make something out of a blown play, or scramble out of a pass rush! If we are rebuilding anyway, start Thig, lets see what he can do, we know what Damion can do, but I just do not see how he could last for long. Look at last year, before Croyle took over, Damion was beaten down, you could see it everytime he got up after being sacked! He can not escape the rush.
    jmo

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I hear you, and all of you Chief Crowd Members, about Damion, butt damm, we need a QB that can move!!!! Not a drop back passer, we have not yet proved that we can protect a drop back passer, so, to win!!!!, which is very much I want, we need to change it up, we need QB that can run, and make something out of a blown play, or scramble out of a pass rush! If we are rebuilding anyway, start Thig, lets see what he can do, we know what Damion can do, but I just do not see how he could last for long. Look at last year, before Croyle took over, Damion was beaten down, you could see it everytime he got up after being sacked! He can not escape the rush.
    jmo
    It's not just your opinion. Its a fact. Huard isn't the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    I like Huards vision regardless of his Athletic ability. Hes sees open men when they are open , he grips it and rips it. Croyle was spending so much time trying not to make any mistakes like he did last season when instead of throwing the ball away he threw interceptions. noww hes holding it and looking for an open check down guys. We need a guy with the balls to take a chance and Huard fits that bill with his experience. I am not saying he should be our starter , but we are lucky to have him right now ! Quinn Gray maybe would have been better than the no-name guy we picked up. He is a beast in size, very very fast and has a great arm. and HE WOULD HAVE GONE CHEAP which seems to be what we are looking for.I really wish we could lure Brady Quinn away from clevland with a promise of a starting position . If not this year , next year. We have extra money right?
    Well, Quinn went at 22 right? So would you trade a potential top 5 pick for him (hope I am dead wrong on this)? I know I wouldn't.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Well, Quinn went at 22 right? So would you trade a potential top 5 pick for him (hope I am dead wrong on this)? I know I wouldn't.
    No chance.

I wouldn't trade a potential top-five second round pick for him.

I would give no more than a second in '10 and maybe a third.

And I wouldn't like giving that much up.

Kansas City -- Coach Herm Edwards is hinting that the Kansas City Chiefs may go with some sort of two-quarterback system while Brodie Croyle is sidelined with a separated shoulder

Backup Damon Huard will start this week against the Raiders, relieving an injured Kansas City quarterback for the third time in three years. But Edwards made clear that third-teamer Tyler Thigpen, who was waived by Minnesota last September and has attempted only six passes in the NFL, will also get on the field in the next few weeks.
    Might he start the following week at Atlanta?
    "He'll get to play. Whether he starts, we'll determine that," Edwards said. "But he is going to play. You don't have to worry about that."
    Asked directly if he was talking about a two-quarterback system, Edwards replied, "I'm just saying he's going to play."
    Croyle, the oft-injured third-year pro, was hurt in Sunday's 17-10 loss at New England and will be out two to four weeks.
    Rather than go with two quarterbacks while Croyle is injured, the Chiefs have looked at several available backups and are expected to sign Ingle Martin off the practice squad of the Tennessee Titans if he passes his physical.

Huard, a 12-year veteran, came in for Croyle in the first quarter and nearly pulled out a huge upset against the heavily favored Patriots. He is a proven performer. But he's not as young, quick or mobile as Croyle and Thigpen and the Chiefs revamped their offense this year to make use of things like rollouts and bootlegs. With Huard, the offense will have to be reined in.
    Thigpen, 24, is a much better fit for the Chiefs' new system. Plus, he's a second-year player, and the Chiefs are committed to rebuilding through youth.

Kansas City -- Coach Herm Edwards is hinting that the Kansas City Chiefs may go with some sort of two-quarterback system while Brodie Croyle is sidelined with a separated shoulder

Backup Damon Huard will start this week against the Raiders, relieving an injured Kansas City quarterback for the third time in three years. But Edwards made clear that third-teamer Tyler Thigpen, who was waived by Minnesota last September and has attempted only six passes in the NFL, will also get on the field in the next few weeks.
    "He'll get to play. Whether he starts, we'll determine that," Edwards said. "But he is going to play. You don't have to worry about that."
    Asked directly if he was talking about a two-quarterback system, Edwards replied, "I'm just saying he's going to play."
    Croyle, the oft-injured third-year pro, was hurt in Sunday's 17-10 loss at New England and will be out two to four weeks.
    Rather than go with two quarterbacks while Croyle is injured, the Chiefs have looked at several available backups and are expected to sign Ingle Martin off the practice squad of the Tennessee Titans if he passes his physical.

Huard, a 12-year veteran, came in for Croyle in the first quarter and nearly pulled out a huge upset against the heavily favored Patriots. He is a proven performer. But he's not as young, quick or mobile as Croyle and Thigpen and the Chiefs revamped their offense this year to make use of things like rollouts and bootlegs. With Huard, the offense will have to be reined in.
    Thigpen, 24, is a much better fit for the Chiefs' new system. Plus, he's a second-year player, and the Chiefs are committed to rebuilding through youth.
    So why is he going to be the starter!!!! How much more can the offense be reined in? We have yet to see the offense let out!!!

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Has anyone heard of Pennington? (oft injured qb that Herm loves?)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567