Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Plan?????

Default Game Plan?????

I THINK WE HAVE ENOUGH PLAYERS TO WIN, BUT UNTIL WE GET A COACH THAT HAS THE ABILITY TO GAME PLAN THE CHIEFS WILL BE LUCKY TO WIN 8.
    How in the world do you not have some type of plan to take Moss out of the game? He had 100 recieving yards in the first half alone? Why don't we blitz the second string quarterback besides letting him stand all day! And why does our game plan seem to be the same everygame! Run, Run, throw a 3 yard pass on third and 8!!!! The D can load 11 guys in the first 5 yards because the chiefs won't pass over 5 yards until the last 2 minutes of the game! Herm couldn't coach a duck to water!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief_kickingtale View Post
    I THINK WE HAVE ENOUGH PLAYERS TO WIN, BUT UNTIL WE GET A COACH THAT HAS THE ABILITY TO GAME PLAN THE CHIEFS WILL BE LUCKY TO WIN 8.
    How in the world do you not have some type of plan to take Moss out of the game? He had 100 recieving yards in the first half alone? Why don't we blitz the second string quarterback besides letting him stand all day! And why does our game plan seem to be the same everygame! Run, Run, throw a 3 yard pass on third and 8!!!! The D can load 11 guys in the first 5 yards because the chiefs won't pass over 5 yards until the last 2 minutes of the game! Herm couldn't coach a duck to water!
    Why doesn't any other nfl team have a plan to take Moss out of the game? Because you can't! He's a great player and last years' stats show it.
    Also, we have young offensive line. I hope to see offense open up more as season rolls on.
    So you want our safties to blitz 2nd string qb? What about Randy Moss???
    SHUT IT

Your telling me the guy in the Hoodie on the other side doesn't game plan to take the other teams best player away? Like he did yesterday by stacking 8 in the box and taking LJ out of the game? Come on! Moss had 100+ in the first half? I'm not saying your going to stop him, but at least try to contain him!
    Now the excuse is going to be a young team. Last two years it was a old team. 2 years from now what? No excuses! Everyone gets paid to play, their professionals, Coaches get played to coach! It is his team, his players, his system. Win or tie, nothing else matters, you can't be rebuilding for three straight years!

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

one could tell we had a offensive game plan. throw 5 yard passes and run up the middle for 2 yards.
    But it did change with Haurd, he atleast throws down field.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Your right, Huard tossed it down field some. Some of that might of been because it was the 4th quarter and we were down, like Herm usually is in the game.
    I don't think there is that big of a difference between Huard and Croyle, except age and arm strength. But what good does his arm do if you only let him throw 5 yard out patterns.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Personall, I think they need to open the defense up and get rid of that damned cover 2 defense. Let Gunther call and impliment his own defense and not be shackled by Herm's idea that the cover 2 still works. Its no diffrent than the run and shoot offense. It worked for a season or 2 or even 3 but the defenses adjusted and now is obsolete with the better teams. Gunther has proven in the past he can impliment a top 5 defense with the players hes given! DAMMIT HERM GIVE GUNTHER HIS DEFENSE BACK!

I agree 100%! It is a new game. Playing this conservative game that, "Doesn't beat ourselves," as Werm would discribe it, does just that. It doesn't allow the offense to score more than 14 points a game, and your not going to win any games doing that!
    Cover two, should be renamed as cover none, and let them run!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief_kickingtale View Post
    Your right, Huard tossed it down field some. Some of that might of been because it was the 4th quarter and we were down, like Herm usually is in the game.
    I don't think there is that big of a difference between Huard and Croyle, except age and arm strength. But what good does his arm do if you only let him throw 5 yard out patterns.
    It's all well and good to second guess the coaching decisions after the game, but consider this. The two turnovers went the other way and the pats got them. Whats the final score of the game then? At least Herm/Chans plan gave us a chance to win.

Fact is we played a team that currently has a lot more experience and talent than we do. They have not lost a regular season game since 2006. Sure we played conservatively with all out ROOKIES and 2ND YEAR players. That god we have DJ out there in his 4th year for some veteran leadership. To go out there and start slinging the ball all over the place is just an a@@inine idea that would have us trailing by 21 at the half. I think we stacked up quite well against a team that people would have called the greatest team EVER (had they won the SB) If DBowe catches that endzone pass at the end of the game it is OT and we might have won. Would you still be complaining then, or is the final score the only thing that is important to you?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I still would be complaining. Your right, since N.E.'s quarterback went down and they had to put a guy in there that hasn't throw 30 passes in his career, and they had to lost fumbles we stayed close and had a chance. Lets praise everyone and be happy because we played good enough to lose by 7. That was to a good team, so lets pat everyone on the back!
    Good job guys!
    Oh, I have an idea? Why don't the Chiefs become a good team? How about the Chiefs make a run on history or at least the playoffs? No, no. Lets be happy losing to a good team. Your right!@ What was I thinking?

I think part of the game plan problem is the coaches constantly talking to Croyle about not turning the ball over and take the safe pass, the dump off.

Then you throw in the fact that our #1 receiver dropped 3 balls in the first half. Our #2 receiver has yet to be seen on the field, yet alone open. The only legit option the Chiefs had was TG and they were double teaming him.

So don't turn the ball over, so ignore the covered receivers and it the dump off. The differences you see between Coryle and Huard is the difference in confidence. Huard was seen verbally arguing with Dick Curl last year. I think he told him to shove it because the safe pass wasn't working. Funny thing too becuase Croyle started shortly after that.

I said it last year and I will say it again. I don't care who the OC is. The pieces to run this offense efficiently retired with Will Shields and Willie Roaf.

Historically, Herm dosen't understand this. I think follows the theory of the Running Back makes he O-line Theory, since he almost never drafts O-Line.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast