Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New QB?

Hybrid View

Default New QB?

I heard that we are looking at Culpepper and Leftwich....

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeee......

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

I want Simms. He was proving to be one of the new QB stars in this league before his pancreaus was ruptured. He has a great blood line and he did a hell of a job at UT.

...and he's tough. I saw him dislocate his pinky finger on one play, run to the sideline with it all jacked up, have the trainer pop it back into place between plays without calling a timeout, then on the very next play, threw a thirty yard TD pass. THAT was badass!!!

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I want Simms. He was proving to be one of the new QB stars in this league before his pancreaus was ruptured. He has a great blood line and he did a hell of a job at UT.

...and he's tough. I saw him dislocate his pinky finger on one play, run to the sideline with it all jacked up, have the trainer pop it back into place between plays without calling a timeout, then on the very next play, threw a thirty yard TD pass. THAT was badass!!!
    Simms is glass. He is also hurt a good portion of the time. Including all of last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Simms is glass. He is also hurt a good portion of the time. Including all of last year.
    You'd be done for a year too if you had a ruptured spleen.

...I would be pumped if we got Simms...it would be nice to have a qb who showed some emotion, and Simms is def a team player...

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    You'd be done for a year too if you had a ruptured spleen.
    Look like the spleen kept him out two years.

based on this link and I know it is just Wilkepedia but there is nothing about Simms that leads me to believe he is evern worth being excited about except he is the son of Phil Simms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Simms

I personally would've liked to see Major Applewhite play back in the day at Texas. IMO, Simms got the snaps at Texas because of his name

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    I personally would've liked to see Major Applewhite play back in the day at Texas. IMO, Simms got the snaps at Texas because of his name
    Simms was the better QB. You know that because Simms actually has/had an NFL career and was actually a starter in this league and probably should STILL be a starter in this league. Applewhite was smart. He was a good QB, but neither of those guys were going to lead that team to a title. Although, I think if Texas had committed and stuck with Simms, they could've had a National Championship his senior season. Applewhite's experience/I.Q. is what made that a QB controversy.

Well, I've heard NE isn't interested in Simms or Rattay so maybe we are going to possibly get Simms. Of course, there are the other two mentioned at the top of the thread as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast