Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 49

Thread: Larry Johnson...

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,841
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Default Larry Johnson...


    0 Not allowed!
    Okay, I've seen at least 5-6 people propose trading LJ and going with Smith/Charles as the RBBC over the past couple weeks. Although the theory may be nice considring the team is rebuilding and that LJ is being paid a lot for a guy who is unable to do much without an O-line...I am just a bit confused as to where he'd go?

    Name 1 team that fits all the needed characteristics to trade for him

    1) Salary cap space
    2) Young players/draft picks Chiefs would want
    3) Need a running back to become a playoff/championship contender

    Okay, there are plenty of teams with the salary cap space, but very few that are a running back away from contention.

    The only team I can think of at all is Houston, and with Kubiak there (being from the Shanahan school of coaching) I doubt he'd pay much for a running back

    Other teams that are close but don't fit are: Cincy (no O-line), Seattle (just invested in Julius Jones), and Detroit (invested in Kevin Smith & Rudi Johnson for this season).

    Pretty much every other team is set and invested in a suitable RB, or they have other issues that are more pressing.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

    Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

  2. #31
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,841
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I like Al Davis, He is the best GM we have, He will never underspend us for overrated players, and he will never let us be in last place of the AFC West! Got like this guy, Al, hope he has many more years.
    ...and as a bonus he keeps my 49ers from being the worst team in the Bay Area. At least we looked like an NFL team for most of the game Sunday. Oh and Al, thanks for taking Kwame Harris for us.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

    Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

  3. #32
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,373
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 59

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    ...and as a bonus he keeps my 49ers from being the worst team in the Bay Area. At least we looked like an NFL team for most of the game Sunday. Oh and Al, thanks for taking Kwame Harris for us.
    Yes, Yes, share the love of Al, do not hide it, show it!!!!!

  4. #33
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    You guys are High. Sometimes I cant beleive what I read on this web site. LJ was just coming into his stride when he got hurt last year. WE DIDNT WIN 1 GAME AFTER HE WAS INJURED!!!!!!!!!! And yes he was having a mediocre year for the first 3 weeks but our O-line was Horrid. He just played against an amazing D-Line last week. Give this guy a break.

    Perfect example of a Chiefs Fan: A guy carries the ball 420 times in 1 season (NFL record) risking his career for the sake of the team and you guys crap on him. Congrats Chiefs fans, you guys are great!
    I often sound like I don't like LJ. (On the field) But I just don't think that he can be too terribly effective with this offense. Specifically, with this offensive line.

    I wanted him traded as soon as I learned that Willie Roaf was retiring.

    I would still like to see him traded. But that is primarily because of his attitude and price tag.

  5. #34
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    93
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Wow, someone is sensitive about LJ.

    I'm not sure where my opinion of LJ is. At times I think he is selfish and doesnt give a rip about the team. Other times its like he comes out of his shell and does something that makes you think he is a team player.

    What I saw this past week against the Pats was ok. LJ did break for a long run, but I also saw him running into the back of a lot of his blockers. I dont play prof football, but when I did play in HS I knew enough to NOT run into the back of a blocker. It seems that is what LJ does a lot of. I cant understand how you think you can get more yards when your running into the back of your own line. Not to mention the fact the odds of injurying your own blocker by hitting him in the back are a lot higher.

    If you look at his first couple seasons, you see a different running style. LJ was always a power runner and did bowl over people when he had to, but you also see that he made people miss. He did a lot more lateral movement to get past a blocker or defender to grind a few more yards. These last couple years LJ just runs forward and if he hits someone then oh well.

  6. #35
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Post


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jakesmith View Post
    Wow, someone is sensitive about LJ.

    I'm not sure where my opinion of LJ is. At times I think he is selfish and doesnt give a rip about the team. Other times its like he comes out of his shell and does something that makes you think he is a team player.

    What I saw this past week against the Pats was ok. LJ did break for a long run, but I also saw him running into the back of a lot of his blockers. I dont play prof football, but when I did play in HS I knew enough to NOT run into the back of a blocker. It seems that is what LJ does a lot of. I cant understand how you think you can get more yards when your running into the back of your own line. Not to mention the fact the odds of injurying your own blocker by hitting him in the back are a lot higher.

    If you look at his first couple seasons, you see a different running style. LJ was always a power runner and did bowl over people when he had to, but you also see that he made people miss. He did a lot more lateral movement to get past a blocker or defender to grind a few more yards. These last couple years LJ just runs forward and if he hits someone then oh well.
    Amen brother!
    I am glad someone else noticed the running style difference. It was like back when Priest was there he had to try to impress to get the starting spot, now he has it and doesn't really care one way or another. Sometimes I think Larry would rather be painting in his condo instead of playing football. His paintings SUCK too by the way.

  7. #36
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ct
    Posts
    180
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I am tired of seeing LJ suck, if we could trade him, I'd love to see a veteran lineman or wr to come over.

  8. #37
    Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    883
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by leaves View Post
    I am tired of seeing LJ suck, if we could trade him, I'd love to see a veteran lineman or wr to come over.
    Everyone will suck until the Chiefs can run block. Larry is fine and he is our only option when it comes to carrying the load in a heavy running game. Plus he has a huge new contract and unless he has a great year, he is untradeable. But wait, if he has a great year than you will love him again. Either way get used to Larry pal.


    CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

  9. #38
    Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    883
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by leaves View Post
    I am tired of seeing LJ suck, if we could trade him, I'd love to see a veteran lineman or wr to come over.
    Everyone will suck until the Chiefs can run block. Larry is fine and he is our only option when it comes to carrying the load in a heavy running game. Plus he has a huge new contract and unless he has a great year, he is untradeable. But wait, if he has a great year than you will love him again. Either way get used to Larry pal.


    CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

  10. #39
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ct
    Posts
    180
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I was simply commenting if we COULD trade him, if I failed to say could before. I understand he won't be getting traded right after a contract extension. If he had a great season, I would like him significantly more again (like every fan of every team in every place does with players..its a business). Also, lj staggers far too much, and hasnt worked as hard since he got his deal. I dont hate lj, i drafted him in every draft since 2005 except for this one. He was my favorite player, but its time for the franchise to stop sacrificing the team for him.

  11. #40
    Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    883
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Where did you get your sig. leaves? That plate is awsome.


    CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •