Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Larry Johnson...

Default Larry Johnson...

Okay, I've seen at least 5-6 people propose trading LJ and going with Smith/Charles as the RBBC over the past couple weeks. Although the theory may be nice considring the team is rebuilding and that LJ is being paid a lot for a guy who is unable to do much without an O-line...I am just a bit confused as to where he'd go?

Name 1 team that fits all the needed characteristics to trade for him

1) Salary cap space
    2) Young players/draft picks Chiefs would want
    3) Need a running back to become a playoff/championship contender

Okay, there are plenty of teams with the salary cap space, but very few that are a running back away from contention.

The only team I can think of at all is Houston, and with Kubiak there (being from the Shanahan school of coaching) I doubt he'd pay much for a running back

Other teams that are close but don't fit are: Cincy (no O-line), Seattle (just invested in Julius Jones), and Detroit (invested in Kevin Smith & Rudi Johnson for this season).

Pretty much every other team is set and invested in a suitable RB, or they have other issues that are more pressing.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

thanks, i picked out some pics and the structure, and a friend of mine who does sig contests made it. I was pretty impressed w/ his end result.

yeah, cause that one is cool.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Everyone will suck until the Chiefs can run block. Larry is fine and he is our only option when it comes to carrying the load in a heavy running game. Plus he has a huge new contract and unless he has a great year, he is untradeable. But wait, if he has a great year than you will love him again. Either way get used to Larry pal.

I agree about the blocking! Although, LJ can still be traded! The Chiefs can always work out a deal with another team and then allow them to restructure his contract. Not saying thats going to happen but I, personally woulda liked to see him traded before or during the pre-season. I think a combo of Smith and Charles can carry the load IMO.

The blocking wouldn't be as big of an issue if we had Kolby or Charles running it for us. LJ is too big and slow to make those swift cuts to elude guys, and can't get in open space quick enough to bull-doze over guys.

I did see LJ hit some holes, it just looks like he's lost a lot of acceleration.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    The blocking wouldn't be as big of an issue if we had Kolby or Charles running it for us. LJ is too big and slow to make those swift cuts to elude guys, and can't get in open space quick enough to bull-doze over guys.

I did see LJ hit some holes, it just looks like he's lost a lot of acceleration.

Although im for trading LJ I cant blame his lack of production on him. He hasnt been given the chance to run outside really and we dont have the O-line we used to. Im just saying with the line we have I think Smith, Charles and Savage are better suited. Although LJ does have the break tackling ability more than Charles and Savage. I would like to see if we could get a nice O-lineman outta the trade! We shoulda never let Lilja go back in the Vermiel era!

jt i must agree w/ u. LJ did kinda get screwed over, as hes pretty much just been established as an up the gut guy.

right now i dont think lj's too much better than charles at breaking, but jamaal's not that great @ it, hes just fast. However, i have rarely seen kolby go down on the 1st hit, hes spun out of 3+ tackles on a play before.

LJ is our best option, when it cumz down 2 running...nothing else 2 say

I think you'll see some steady improvement in the o-line week by week. Then you'll see LJ's production increase as well. I say have some patience.
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

Quote Originally Posted by OTR Chiefs fan View Post
    I think you'll see some steady improvement in the o-line week by week. Then you'll see LJ's production increase as well. I say have some patience.

Time will tell; I hope you're right!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345