Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Larry Johnson...

Default Larry Johnson...

Okay, I've seen at least 5-6 people propose trading LJ and going with Smith/Charles as the RBBC over the past couple weeks. Although the theory may be nice considring the team is rebuilding and that LJ is being paid a lot for a guy who is unable to do much without an O-line...I am just a bit confused as to where he'd go?

Name 1 team that fits all the needed characteristics to trade for him

1) Salary cap space
    2) Young players/draft picks Chiefs would want
    3) Need a running back to become a playoff/championship contender

Okay, there are plenty of teams with the salary cap space, but very few that are a running back away from contention.

The only team I can think of at all is Houston, and with Kubiak there (being from the Shanahan school of coaching) I doubt he'd pay much for a running back

Other teams that are close but don't fit are: Cincy (no O-line), Seattle (just invested in Julius Jones), and Detroit (invested in Kevin Smith & Rudi Johnson for this season).

Pretty much every other team is set and invested in a suitable RB, or they have other issues that are more pressing.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

The reason teams won't trade for him are the same reasons fans in KC would like to trade him... he hasn't shown his worth.

This is a bad discussion. If trading LJ was ever going to happen, it should've been before the 2007 draft.

agreed... trading LJ would be a realll bad thing... he just doesnt have a good o-line to give him some decent holes to run through...

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    The reason teams won't trade for him are the same reasons fans in KC would like to trade him... he hasn't shown his worth.

This is a bad discussion. If trading LJ was ever going to happen, it should've been before the 2007 draft.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Doesn't help that he made a huge stink and held out in training camp. Then he has a terrible season after a HUGE payday. The guy, as good as he can be, is viewed as not being a team player in the locker room and bad for morale. Lots of coaches just don't want the drama in their organization.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Exactly. He has very little trade value right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    My point in all this is to get people to realize LJ isn't going anywhere...as a fantasy footballer who has LJ on my big money league roster I'd love to see him moved to a power running team, but it isn't going to happen.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

I've got him on my fantasy team as well. 14th pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Yup, I think we're stuck with him. He had more trade value last year IMO.

Man I miss this place.

He will be here to stay. It's typical though - get the big bucks and then performance goes out the door.
    www.AAASportsMemorabilia.com
    Home of Great Sports Memorabilia

Bench his $ss.
    SHUT IT

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast