Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: chiefs sign new QB - You will never guess who !

Default chiefs sign new QB - You will never guess who !

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I am rather glad that we did not sign Simms, I doubt that he would have worked out with the current O-line anyway.
    jmo
    I really believe that we need to start Thig.
    I have to reserve judgement on Thig until I see him play in a game. In pre-season he seemed mobile enough and seemed to make good decisions. So why not put him in there? Home opener against a ragged fader defense would be a good place to start! Lets see what he can do!
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    But the bonus is,............ he can kick!!!!!! He kicked fgs in high school and punted in college! 3 FGs over 50 yards!
    Cool. NOw he can come in and perform the drop kick.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Yes!!! A new offensive weapon!!!!

Yeah. on King Carl!
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Yeah. on King Carl!
    I like the way you think.

ugh... this thread just got so damn cheesy

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    meh, its not like we will see him on the field any time in the future. There was no way they would sign Rattay or Simms because fans might want one of them to play.

meh, its not like we will see him on the field any time in the future. There was no way they would sign Rattay or Simms because fans might want one of them to play.
    I think this is EXACTLY why the Chiefs didn't sign him. What happens if Simms came in and started winning? What do you do when Croyle comes back? The fans want to win, but at the same time, you need to develop a young QB. But, you can't pull a guy who wins for a guy who's injury prone or the fans will go crazy.

So, what do you do? Bring in someone less talented so the fans are aching for Croyle to come back. Then, when he does, the organization can evaluate him on a level playing field for the rest of the season and decide whether he's THE GUY going forward.

IMO, Croyle has been passed over already. 3 injuries in 7 games isn't a guy you want to build around. He's going to have to play lights out from here on to keep the starting spot.

You can say what you want about "Herm's" offense and his bad luck with QB, but Croyle's injury wasn't his fault. When the defense brings more guys than you have blockers, that kind of thing is going to happen. It's called a blitz for those who think it was the O-line's fault. Maybe Charles picked up the wrong guy, but if you go back and look at the play, every lineman had a guy and Charles picked up the closest threat.

My question is, during Brett Favre's 276 consecutive game steak, do y'all think he ALWAYS had a great O-line? In 16 or so seasons, do y'all think he's never been hit as hard as Croyle was? The fact is, some guys get hurt. Some guys are fragile like Pennington, or don't slide soon enough then get the sh@# knocked out of them by a late hit, some are too old to get out of the way, and some just get drilled by a blitz that wasn't picked up.

To lay ALL of these injuries at the feet of a head coach is just ridiculous. This is a collision sport. I don't hear people calling for Andy Reed's head because McNabb can't stay healthy. Same thing with Carolina, Tennessee, Tampa, Buffalo, Washington, St. Louis, etc.

Yeah, it looks bad that Herm's QB's can't stay healthy, but go back over each of those injuries and show me how Herm had an influence on every single injury.

[quote=texaschief;95368]I think this is EXACTLY why the Chiefs didn't sign him. What happens if Simms came in and started winning? What do you do when Croyle comes back? The fans want to win, but at the same time, you need to develop a young QB. But, you can't pull a guy who wins for a guy who's injury prone or the fans will go crazy.

So, what do you do? Bring in someone less talented so the fans are aching for Croyle to come back. Then, when he does, the organization can evaluate him on a level playing field for the rest of the season and decide whether he's THE GUY going forward.

IMO, Croyle has been passed over already. 3 injuries in 7 games isn't a guy you want to build around. He's going to have to play lights out from here on to keep the starting spot.

You can say what you want about "Herm's" offense and his bad luck with QB, but Croyle's injury wasn't his fault. When the defense brings more guys than you have blockers, that kind of thing is going to happen. It's called a blitz for those who think it was the O-line's fault. Maybe Charles picked up the wrong guy, but if you go back and look at the play, every lineman had a guy and Charles picked up the closest threat.

My question is, during Brett Favre's 276 consecutive game steak, do y'all think he ALWAYS had a great O-line? In 16 or so seasons, do y'all think he's never been hit as hard as Croyle was? The fact is, some guys get hurt. Some guys are fragile like Pennington, or don't slide soon enough then get the sh@# knocked out of them by a late hit, some are too old to get out of the way, and some just get drilled by a blitz that wasn't picked up.

To lay ALL of these injuries at the feet of a head coach is just ridiculous. This is a collision sport. I don't hear people calling for Andy Reed's head because McNabb can't stay healthy. Same thing with Carolina, Tennessee, Tampa, Buffalo, Washington, St. Louis, etc.

Yeah, it looks bad that Herm's QB's can't stay healthy, but go back over each of those injuries and show me how Herm had an influence on every single injury.[/quote]

Type of game plan. He doesn't seem to want to attack! Its run first, then pass. If he would open up the offense and attack the opposite teams defense early in the game, then go run. His Conservative style of play, means we will always be playing under pressure.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast