Thread: The "Punt Fumble"

Hybrid View

Default The "Punt Fumble"

Does anyone have the video to this? I can't remember the name of the idiotic Raiders player who decided to play hero and try and pick the ball up inside the 10 yard line (and had 5 Chiefs within 10 feet of him)...but I lol'd for a good 10 minutes after that. (Despite the refs overruling the would-be turnover).

Any thoughts on the "ruling" ...which, arguably, was one of many gems we all witnessed in, "The worst NFL game in history?"

yeah that was BS

A Chief touched it, so it was definitely Raider ball, if we did get the ball, would've been a huge break for us, but yeah.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Yeah, but he still wins jackass of the day award. Someone must have the link to the video of it!

When the kicking team touches the ball, the play is dead at that spot. I don't know what's so hard to understand

The idiot was Tony Stewart....man, was I yelling at the tv.....

A ball isn't down until the kicking team has control. Once it's touched by the kicking team, the ball can't go any further past that point.

But, if it's touched and not controlled, the return team can pick it up or do whatever it wants to with the ball, and no matter what happens, NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, the return team will retain possession.

The player could've even picked up the ball, handed it to a Chief and let him score a touchdown and the play would've come back to where the kicking team originally touched the ball the first time.

What the Raider player did wasn't as stupid as ppl are making it out to be. He could've picked it up while the Chiefs weren't expecting him to and ran it back or pitched it back to someone who had a clear running lane to the end zone. Any number of things could've happened.... none of which would've resulted in a change of possession after that original Chiefs touched the ball.