Thread: A cold, hard look

Default A cold, hard look

We'll I'm sure I'll get roasted by some, but my God this team sucks! I for one fell for the "rebuilding" mantra hook, line and sinker. This is not a team that is rebuilding. This is a team that is imploding like I've never seen. Oh wait, I have seen this before...IN NEW YORK! Remember when a certain coach was run out of town? Some guy named Herm Edwards? A coach with a career record of 52-62 and a Chiefs record of 13-21.

When you rebuild, so should at the very least IMPROVE on last season. This team is much WORSE than last season! There's no excuse for the horrible play calling and horrible playing. We lost to a pathetic Raiders team that we had no business losing to. And it was AT HOME!

Herm and Carl need to be fired, today. Not tomorrow, today. The team will be lucky to win 2 games as it is, so why not pull the plug and start in a new direction. Herm and Carl are not the future.

So here's some glaring stats that I found downright disturbing for a "rebuilding" team-

QB
    Huard 2/4 for 17 yards
    Thigpen 14/33 151 yards 1 TD 1 INT
    Hagans 1/1 5 yards

Rushing
    Johnson 12 attempts for 22 yards
    Charles 3 for 7

Receiving actually did okay with Bowe picking up 90, Gonzales had 39.

Defense(Should I call it that?)
    ALLOWED 300 YARDS RUSHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    We'll I'm sure I'll get roasted by some, but my God this team sucks! I for one fell for the "rebuilding" mantra hook, line and sinker. This is not a team that is rebuilding. This is a team that is imploding like I've never seen. Oh wait, I have seen this before...IN NEW YORK! Remember when a certain coach was run out of town? Some guy named Herm Edwards? A coach with a career record of 52-62 and a Chiefs record of 13-21.

When you rebuild, so should at the very least IMPROVE on last season. This team is much WORSE than last season! There's no excuse for the horrible play calling and horrible playing. We lost to a pathetic Raiders team that we had no business losing to. And it was AT HOME!

Herm and Carl need to be fired, today. Not tomorrow, today. The team will be lucky to win 2 games as it is, so why not pull the plug and start in a new direction. Herm and Carl are not the future.

So here's some glaring stats that I found downright disturbing for a "rebuilding" team-

QB
    Huard 2/4 for 17 yards
    Thigpen 14/33 151 yards 1 TD 1 INT
    Hagans 1/1 5 yards

Rushing
    Johnson 12 attempts for 22 yards
    Charles 3 for 7

Receiving actually did okay with Bowe picking up 90, Gonzales had 39.

Defense(Should I call it that?)
    ALLOWED 300 YARDS RUSHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    After this game, I'm with you man. I think 2 wins may be optimistic!
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    After this game, I'm with you man. I think 2 wins may be optimistic!

The scary thing about that is, you might actually have a better record than us.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

the only bad thing is Clark didnt have the balls to fire carl or hermmie at the end of the year, there`s noway he`ll do it now two games into the season.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    the only bad thing is Clark didnt have the balls to fire carl or hermmie at the end of the year, there`s noway he`ll do it now two games into the season.
    The Hunts are damn fortunate to have fans that attend the games even though the product on the field of the last couple years have "stunk up the joint"...But when the weather gets cold and the post season is a pipe dream for the second season in a row, maybe then the Hunts will realize that we as fans are fed up when they start seeing empty seats ...Born and raised in San Francisco and having all my friends and relatives as Niner fans I remember how much flack they gave me that I should give thanks that They beat Denver which led us to back in the playoffs in 2006....lol
    Last edited by Fastphilly; 09-15-2008 at 03:43 AM.