Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Larry Johnson lashes out at Chiefs

Default Larry Johnson lashes out at Chiefs

Early in the third quarter Week 2 against the Raiders, Larry Johnson rumbled up the middle for a 2-yard gain, his 12th carry against the Oakland Raiders. It turned out to be Johnson's last -- and he didn't like it. Unhappy with his role in a dismal offense, Johnson lashed out at Kansas City's coaching staff and front office Sunday, saying he didn't see himself being a part of the team in the future. "Something's going on -- I just don't know what it is," Johnson said after a 23-8 loss to Oakland in the Chiefs' home opener. "I'm going to sit down and talk with someone." Johnson had a relatively successful start to this season, running for a team-high 74 yards on 22 carries in a hard-fought 17-10 road loss to the defending AFC champion New England Patriots. He didn't have nearly the same impact against the Raiders, finishing with 22 yards for a 1.8 per-carry average, and complained about it afterward. "I've been here long enough to know that if I'm not getting the ball, then I'm tired," he said. "If I'm not tired and I'm not getting the ball, something's going on and I've got to deal with it."

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    However in LJ's case he has a history of success, when given the opportunity to succeed. If either of the back-ups came in and did much of anything I'd say the problem was him. However when they come in and also get stuffed, the problem is likely elsewhere.

His attitude is a problem, but it is a separate problem.
    Vince Lombardi use to tell his players:
    Success is 90 percent attitude and 10 percent ability.
    If true, LJ may want to consider retirement....
    SHUT IT

Its hilarious how we have all of these glaring needs on the offense, on the defense, on the coaching staff, and in the front office. But All I hear about is LJ. Did you guys just start watching football yesterday. Maybe your mad because he makes so much money and hasnt bailed the entire crappy team out. Oh, I know, what it is. He actually says whats on his mind. That bothers you doesnt it? He didnt say 1 thing after sundays "so called" game that wasnt true. If I was LJ I would of thrown every one those worthless piles of crap under the bus. Like ive said a million times, we have alot bigger problems than LJ. Pull your heads out.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

My friend! He is not our only problem, but the fact still remains LJ is a problem, and there are steps to creating a better team, this is just one of many in a right direction. Priest Holmes, played football on a team, and when he had a bad game, I never heard him once blame the blockers or blame anyone other than himself. Real players don't say anything, because they leave it all out there on the football field. That's something a team creates. That's something Larry Johnson doesn't have. Your right Big Daddy Tek, it is about the money. I would rather the money go to a new QB, or blockers, something we actually need. You don't bite the hand that feeds you, Big Daddy Tek, or in his matter, protects him. So on that note, I'm sorry Big Daddy Tek, but he has to go, and if you want to help bring back Kansas City football, the way it used to be, you will join me, in this rally.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Its hilarious how we have all of these glaring needs on the offense, on the defense, on the coaching staff, and in the front office. But All I hear about is LJ. Did you guys just start watching football yesterday. Maybe your mad because he makes so much money and hasnt bailed the entire crappy team out. Oh, I know, what it is. He actually says whats on his mind. That bothers you doesnt it? He didnt say 1 thing after sundays "so called" game that wasnt true. If I was LJ I would of thrown every one those worthless piles of crap under the bus. Like ive said a million times, we have alot bigger problems than LJ. Pull your heads out.
    Agreed. But this particulat thread concerns LJ.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    Your out of your mind to say LJ is better!!!

Priest could do it all!!!

Running: LJ is strickly power. Priest is balanced, able to run scatback (like if he has to bounce outside when the line implodes) or come right at someone if it comes down to it.

Catching: Why dont you look up the stats on that!!!

Blocking: Priest was Full Back in College blocking for Ricky Williams and FB for Ravens, he s an awesome blocker. LJ is a joke of a blocker.

Attitude: Self explanitory.

Cant believe you said LJ is better.
    Amen Brother!!!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011