Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Larry Johnson lashes out at Chiefs

Default Larry Johnson lashes out at Chiefs

Early in the third quarter Week 2 against the Raiders, Larry Johnson rumbled up the middle for a 2-yard gain, his 12th carry against the Oakland Raiders. It turned out to be Johnson's last -- and he didn't like it. Unhappy with his role in a dismal offense, Johnson lashed out at Kansas City's coaching staff and front office Sunday, saying he didn't see himself being a part of the team in the future. "Something's going on -- I just don't know what it is," Johnson said after a 23-8 loss to Oakland in the Chiefs' home opener. "I'm going to sit down and talk with someone." Johnson had a relatively successful start to this season, running for a team-high 74 yards on 22 carries in a hard-fought 17-10 road loss to the defending AFC champion New England Patriots. He didn't have nearly the same impact against the Raiders, finishing with 22 yards for a 1.8 per-carry average, and complained about it afterward. "I've been here long enough to know that if I'm not getting the ball, then I'm tired," he said. "If I'm not tired and I'm not getting the ball, something's going on and I've got to deal with it."

LJ's just frusterated cuz he didnt get his 16carries and his production sucks. He could complain for a trade, but with his present game and the crazy # of good RB's, he wouldnt be on the pedestal we let him stand on. If were lookin for blame, pick one:
    LJ's not as good. Gailey's offense is simple. We have no super qb, and our best one's hurt. We have a buncha 3rd wr's behind Bowe, not a 2nd. We have 2 rbs as good as LJ who could be better, but not great. Too many young'ns. And, Herms crazy and Carl's stupid.

I wonder why anyone is surprised by the way LJ is acting. He has never really been a team player. Least we forget when LJ started complaining a few years ago because he wasnt getting enough playing time. At that time he backing up the best RB in game at that time. I knew then that he was all about himself and not the team.

But as it is, we are stuck with LJ. No one is going to take him except us.

WHAT lJ ACTUALLY CARES NOW??LMAO...

lj is a selfish twat-
    he spoke up and talked a bunch of isht how the game had passed joe paterno by in college when things weren't going well for him and now he's crying in kc. i'm not surprised in the least that he's whining. watching him run today made me think of another stud rb who is now completely out of the league....
    Shaun Alexander
    (i just really wanted to use that)

Quote Originally Posted by TRB05 View Post
    I somewhat disagree with this. It's obvious he doesn't have huge running lanes, and there are plays he gets hit as he gets the ball, true. But, he has lost something, and it was evident last week vs. the Pats, and it was glaring today.

His performance is carrying over from last season when the level of his play receded...The holes aren't there like they used to be with Roaf and Shields on the line...Now a good passing game is more crucial then ever... But until we can handle the issues on the OL, we will continue to have teams playing their entire defence within 5-10 yards off the line of scrimmage..

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    When teams fall apart, players outlash. Larry was no worse than any other of the running backs. The Chiefs will not be able to run the ball until we have a passing game that forces a defense away from our line of scrimmage. Walter Peyton in his prime couldnt run behind these joke lineman.
    LJ adnitted in post game interview that his running woes had nothing to do with the OL. He was complaining that they kept taking him out - not allowing him to get into his rhythm.
    IMO its the poor ofensive play calling that has trashed our running game more than anything else. Why not run some sweeps or throw Cox in front of LJ (or whoever) or just ANYTHING but straight up the gut. We need some imaginetive game planning and play calling. And we need it now.
    SHUT IT

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    LJ adnitted in post game interview that his running woes had nothing to do with the OL. He was complaining that they kept taking him out - not allowing him to get into his rhythm.
    IMO its the poor ofensive play calling that has trashed our running game more than anything else. Why not run some sweeps or throw Cox in front of LJ (or whoever) or just ANYTHING but straight up the gut. We need some imaginetive game planning and play calling. And we need it now.
    I hadnt really considered that but I do believe you are right. The playcalling is way to vanilla, if they are going to pound the ball then use the fullback simular to when TRich opened holes for LJ and for Priest. If Hermie hates the Chiefs so much why doesnt he coach for the Broncos? Hermie if your reading this with your non internet using .... then go away leave the Chiefs alone. You have done enough damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Where do you want him to run Bike? Thier's nowhere to go man. Sometimes he gets tackled as hes taking the handoff. Larry Johnson is the least of our problems. As far as another CP blunder: If he didnt get the deal done with Larry, youd be talkin the same trash about him.
    Where do you want him to run Bike?
    I want him to run to Cleveland. Good as place as any. LJ is a locker room cancer with a sh!t attitude. Its plain to see his heart aint in it any more. He has lost a step physically and has lost his will mentally.
    As far as signing LJ to this huge contract, I voted to let him walk. Hell, I didn't want him around when he was bichin about pt while Priest was running through, over and around defenses. He could have learned a couple things from Priest - the least of which is how to conduct yourself as a role-model in the community.
    Sh!t-can his A$$.
    SHUT IT

I think LJ is a better RB than Priest. Priest was a better Team Player. If you're wondering how I can say LJ's better at RB, well, go look at any stats. LJ gets more yds, he's stronger, maybe faster. Holmes got into the endzone more though. We don't need studs right now, we need a team.

Comical to blame this on LJ!!!! Obviously those that are have never played any sport at any level! Frustration is part of the game!!!!! AT ANY POSITION!!! Want quotes from other players??? I'll give you a million! Weird that they give him all that money and then play him 50% of the time!!! The O line should just fall down when a running play is called, that way he could at least see where the defenders are coming from rather than just create a smoke shield for them to hide behind and then make the tackle when the RB gets to the line!!! God knows they aren't creating any holes!!! This team is pathetic!!!! How many that said we would make the playoffs or even go 7 and 9 are rethinking things now I wonder???? PATHETIC!!!!!

The Chiefs are now on the clock!!!!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast