Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Larry Johnson lashes out at Chiefs

Default Larry Johnson lashes out at Chiefs

Early in the third quarter Week 2 against the Raiders, Larry Johnson rumbled up the middle for a 2-yard gain, his 12th carry against the Oakland Raiders. It turned out to be Johnson's last -- and he didn't like it. Unhappy with his role in a dismal offense, Johnson lashed out at Kansas City's coaching staff and front office Sunday, saying he didn't see himself being a part of the team in the future. "Something's going on -- I just don't know what it is," Johnson said after a 23-8 loss to Oakland in the Chiefs' home opener. "I'm going to sit down and talk with someone." Johnson had a relatively successful start to this season, running for a team-high 74 yards on 22 carries in a hard-fought 17-10 road loss to the defending AFC champion New England Patriots. He didn't have nearly the same impact against the Raiders, finishing with 22 yards for a 1.8 per-carry average, and complained about it afterward. "I've been here long enough to know that if I'm not getting the ball, then I'm tired," he said. "If I'm not tired and I'm not getting the ball, something's going on and I've got to deal with it."

Larry Johnson just doesn't have the mindset of a champion. He was pampered probably from grade school all the way to Penn State. His balls probably never had the chance to drop because there was always someone there to push em back up in there before they could.

If he were smart, which he's not, he'd shut his mouth and give it 110 percent, and realize there are guys in high school right now that would love to trade places someday...and those guys both have the athleticism and the brains...and he's not getting any younger. BTW, an inflated ego can and will cause brain damage and will eventually lead to dream careers ending abruptly.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    If it meant bringing back a starting QB, I'd eat the contract if i were the Chiefs. The trade would go something like LJ and cash for Quinn and a draft pick.
    Johnson's price tag is so out of whack with his performance, he's stuck. He hasn't played a decent season since 2006. It's a double edged sword for him. He can't get a team to buy his contract because of marginal playing, while at the same time playing behind an offense that can't do anything. If he had a team like we used to a few years ago, he'd probably be a top RB again. Who knows for sure. But we bought this horse and will have to ride him for a while.

Jamal Charles would probably be even better, if he too had a decent offense to work with.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    What has Quinn done?
    No kidding what is the fascination with Quinn?

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    i heard Huard had a mild head trauma. i think it was more like he didnt want to go back in to joke of a offense.
    I have to say for as critical as I have been on Huard (or Horrid or Hutard) that I cant say I dont blame him for not wanting to go back in. Statues get broken when they are hit too hard or too many times. And any hit could be his last in the league and with this line he is going to get hit.... and hit .... and hit. One the positive side the left side of the line does seem to be getting better. But I also watched LJ run from a block and watch the QB take the sack. I believe it was the last play for LJ and Huard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord CarlTard View Post
    Larry Johnson just doesn't have the mindset of a champion. He was pampered probably from grade school all the way to Penn State. His balls probably never had the chance to drop because there was always someone there to push em back up in there before they could.

If he were smart, which he's not, he'd shut his mouth and give it 110 percent, and realize there are guys in high school right now that would love to trade places someday...and those guys both have the athleticism and the brains...and he's not getting any younger. BTW, an inflated ego can and will cause brain damage and will eventually lead to dream careers ending abruptly.
    It ended the day he signed his multi-million dollar contract (just another CP blunder) and bought his new Bentley. I wish he'd drive it the hell out of KC.
    SHUT IT

When teams fall apart, players outlash. Larry was no worse than any other of the running backs. The Chiefs will not be able to run the ball until we have a passing game that forces a defense away from our line of scrimmage. Walter Peyton in his prime couldnt run behind these joke lineman.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    It ended the day he signed his multi-million dollar contract (just another CP blunder) and bought his new Bentley. I wish he'd drive it the hell out of KC.
    Where do you want him to run Bike? Thier's nowhere to go man. Sometimes he gets tackled as hes taking the handoff. Larry Johnson is the least of our problems. As far as another CP blunder: If he didnt get the deal done with Larry, youd be talkin the same trash about him.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Where do you want him to run Bike? Thier's nowhere to go man. Sometimes he gets tackled as hes taking the handoff. Larry Johnson is the least of our problems. As far as another CP blunder: If he didnt get the deal done with Larry, youd be talkin the same trash about him.
    It's not Herm's fault, it's not Carl's fault, it's not LJ's fault, then whose fault is it. where does the blam fall on 11 regular season losses, or do we need to lose 20 in a row before we can start placing the blame on the management, who assembles the team, and provides the game plan for the players. WE JUST GOT BEAT, BADLY MIND YOU, BY THE FADERS AT THE HOME OPENER!!!!!! If that doesn't get you fired up, nothing will....

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post

I somewhat disagree with this. It's obvious he doesn't have huge running lanes, and there are plays he gets hit as he gets the ball, true. But, he has lost something, and it was evident last week vs. the Pats, and it was glaring today.

He does not have ANY fire in him. He used to take on safeties instead of skipping out of bounds. He used to hit the hole (or pile of linemen) hard and fight for every inch. Now, he gets the ball, dances around, half-assed runs into the line and falls down. Or he breaks a decent run (vs. the Pats) and after running for about 15 yds, he simply goes out of bounds, when he could take on the safety, and gain another 3,4 or 5 yards.

It makes me sick when guys making millions don't give it their all. Maybe he has been told to tone it down and save himself, if so then I guess he is doing what is right. But more likely, he has achieved what he wanted from the Chiefs, and that is a fat retirement plan, now that he has it, why would he want to put himself through that kind of punishment?

And if he is giving it everything he has, then I apologize. But if that's the case then it's time to retire. Because that showing today from LJ was nothing short of PATHETIC.

Quote Originally Posted by TRB05 View Post
    I somewhat disagree with this. It's obvious he doesn't have huge running lanes, and there are plays he gets hit as he gets the ball, true. But, he has lost something, and it was evident last week vs. the Pats, and it was glaring today.

He does not have ANY fire in him. He used to take on safeties instead of skipping out of bounds. He used to hit the hole (or pile of linemen) hard and fight for every inch. Now, he gets the ball, dances around, half-assed runs into the line and falls down. Or he breaks a decent run (vs. the Pats) and after running for about 15 yds, he simply goes out of bounds, when he could take on the safety, and gain another 3,4 or 5 yards.

It makes me sick when guys making millions don't give it their all. Maybe he has been told to tone it down and save himself, if so then I guess he is doing what is right. But more likely, he has achieved what he wanted from the Chiefs, and that is a fat retirement plan, now that he has it, why would he want to put himself through that kind of punishment?

And if he is giving it everything he has, then I apologize. But if that's the case then it's time to retire. Because that showing today from LJ was nothing short of PATHETIC.
    I agree. There is no reason for LJ to lash out, the only perosn he should be pissed at is himself. He needs to figure out what it means to give 100%, and what it means to be humble.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast