Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LJ for Matt Cassel?

Default LJ for Matt Cassel?

What do you think of trading LJ or Matt Cassel? I think after Tom recovers, Cassel would want to look for a place where he gets more playing time and we need a young QB.

Pats need to enhance their running game and KC looks for a QB. We can get rid of LJ because he talks too much and has character issues - I love LJ, don't go nuts on me-it's just that we have potential in Charles and Kolby smith as RBs. And we are rebuilding, so they will take their time to blossom.
    HERM

I appreciate the creativity, especially the smith and charles love, but this would never happen. NE can pay Cassel very well as a backup, and he would break w/our line. I think qb's like Brady, Rogers, or McNabb would be more productive than Croyle, but I think Brodie's as effective as were gonna get w/our OLine what it is.

No matter what we do at QB I do think it is time LJ found the Door. I think Vermeill had him pegged when he was still here, he is nothing but a big baby. He does not have the heart to play this game. He may have some talent but if he had the heart of say Marcus allen or Priest holmes it wouldn't matter who he ran behind he would find a way to gain yards. He wouldn't sit back and cry about not getting the ball in the game when he had gotten it 12 times and could only eek out 22 yards, but oh thats right it was his lack of play time that produced his crappy performance. I say get rid of him and eat the money we lose on him, maybe we can all pitch in and get him a box of pampers as a good-bye gift.

Quote Originally Posted by ASDF View Post
    What do you think of trading LJ or Matt Cassel? I think after Tom recovers, Cassel would want to look for a place where he gets more playing time and we need a young QB.

Pats need to enhance their running game and KC looks for a QB. We can get rid of LJ because he talks too much and has character issues - I love LJ, don't go nuts on me-it's just that we have potential in Charles and Kolby smith as RBs. And we are rebuilding, so they will take their time to blossom.
    1. Why would Pats trade Cassel? Brady aint gettin any younger...
    2. Why would Pats (or anyone else) want to eat a huge contract for a has-been runner with a sh!t attitude?
    SHUT IT

The issue isn't whether you or I could put together a trade that sounds good to the Chiefs. Hell at this point just getting rid of LJ's salary cap hit would likely make it worth trading him for a bag of potato chips.

However what NFL team in their right mind would take LJ's baggage and contract for what is a questionable player at this point?

Figure any of the teams with top running backs are out...(that includes)
    San Francisco, San Diego, Minnesota, New Orleans, New York Giants, Jets, Buffalo Bills, Dallas, St Louis, Philly, Washington, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, Green Bay, Pittsburgh and even Miami)
    ...also figure anyone with young or rising talent would rather see them develop (Houston-Slaton, Chicago-Forte, Detroit-Smith, Baltimore-Rice, Oakland-McFadden/Bush, Arizona-Hightower, Pittsburgh-Mendenhall, Carolina-Stewart, Atlanta-Michael Turner)
    Okay teams that are left include

Denver--Shanahan sees HBs as replaceable commodoties, and history doesn't disprove him
    Seattle--Julius Jones isn't great, but I can't see Holmgren giving much for LJ...maybe Seneca Wallace?
    Cincy---no O-line, why would you trade for LJ?
    Cleveland---they have Jamal Lewis, same initials as LJ, same type of running back, and better attitude
    New England---seriously anyone think that Bellicheck wants to deal with LJ? And the salary cap would be a major issue here. You'd have to take a big contract in return, not Cassel.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    The issue isn't whether you or I could put together a trade that sounds good to the Chiefs. Hell at this point just getting rid of LJ's salary cap hit would likely make it worth trading him for a bag of potato chips.

However what NFL team in their right mind would take LJ's baggage and contract for what is a questionable player at this point?

Figure any of the teams with top running backs are out...(that includes)
    San Francisco, San Diego, Minnesota, New Orleans, New York Giants, Jets, Buffalo Bills, Dallas, St Louis, Philly, Washington, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, Green Bay, Pittsburgh and even Miami)
    ...also figure anyone with young or rising talent would rather see them develop (Houston-Slaton, Chicago-Forte, Detroit-Smith, Baltimore-Rice, Oakland-McFadden/Bush, Arizona-Hightower, Pittsburgh-Mendenhall, Carolina-Stewart, Atlanta-Michael Turner)
    Okay teams that are left include

Denver--Shanahan sees HBs as replaceable commodoties, and history doesn't disprove him
    Seattle--Julius Jones isn't great, but I can't see Holmgren giving much for LJ...maybe Seneca Wallace?
    Cincy---no O-line, why would you trade for LJ?
    Cleveland---they have Jamal Lewis, same initials as LJ, same type of running back, and better attitude
    New England---seriously anyone think that Bellicheck wants to deal with LJ? And the salary cap would be a major issue here. You'd have to take a big contract in return, not Cassel.
    I'll take a bag of Lays or Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips, please.

Good post though. I agree.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Funny thread
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

wtf

ZOMBIE THREAD

ok this is random lol.

lol extremely random

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast