Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maybe Herms not the answer, but Dick Vermeil left us in shambles!

Hybrid View

Default Maybe Herms not the answer, but Dick Vermeil left us in shambles!

Dick Vermeil was one of the worst things that ever happened to this franchise. Herm Edwards didnt kill that offense. Roaf retired, then Shields retired, Trent Greens head bounced of the turf like a basketball. Dick left Herm with the oldest team in the NFL and the worst defense in the NFL. Dick is responsible for some of the worst drafts that the Chiefs have ever had and thier is only a handfull of those players that are still in the NFL today. The Chiefs had 2 Options: Build through free agency or build through the draft. For 15 years they built through free agency. They ended up with Herm Edwards who just happened to be the guy in charge of scouting for all of those years in the 90's that we all so fondly remember. Whether you like Herms coaching or not (I dont right now) you cant deny the fact that he knows how to evaluate players. The chiefs made the decision to rebuild and because of where Dick left us, we had to start from the ground up. Carl and Dick put together an old team with a small window and that window is closed. Move on, because it will be awhile before it opens again!

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

It will require a bit of patience. Which, understandably is wearing thin on some but not all fans. I'm for giving them a little time. But that's me. I really like the fact that these players are young and more important, home grown. I may lose it a few times (o,k I will lose it a few times) during the growing period, but that's all part of being a fanatic! If there is no emotion....what's the point? I'm not looking through red colored glasses or drinking from the Kool-aid fountain. It might get worse before it gets better-or it could get better faster...who knows? One thing for sure is they need to get this taste of losing out their mouth...and nothing like fresh falcon meat for that!!!!GO CHIEFS!!!!!!

When DV took over the Chiefs, Guther left them in shambles. In one year he took one of the worste offenses in the NFL and made them the best. He did it by signing unwanted players like Trent Green, Priest Holmes, Eddie Kennison, Willie Roaf, Casey Wiegmann, Todd Collins and Damon Huard.

He also failed with signing players like Dexter McCleon, Shawn Barber, and Vonnie Holiday and tried to fix it by drafting horrible players like Ryan Sims, Eddie Freeman, Jr. Siavii, yet he clearly hit on Jared Allen, Derrick Johnson, LJ, Dustin Colquitt, and converted Brian Waters,

As Herm took over a team in shambles he signed the unwanted players of Ty Law, Big Mac, Donnie Edwards, Ron Edwards, James Reed, Nap Harris, Adrian Jones, the kick return from the Lions whose name I already forgot, John McGraw ... I can't name one FA that Herm has signed that I think was a good signing and a bunch of others who didn't see the light of day.

My point.. When a new coach takes over it is usually in shambles. That is why they left.... DV came in with a plan, implemented it and turned the team into a competitive play off team.

Herm came in, did nothing, signed some guys in an effort to remain competitive from DV's team, failed and then developed a plan and is just now starting to implement it.

Had Herm started his plan year one, we could be winning now like DV did.

The blame can only be pointed at one HC and that is Herm. He has had this team now for three years and he had no direction on where it should be. That is not DV fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    When DV took over the Chiefs, Guther left them in shambles. In one year he took one of the worste offenses in the NFL and made them the best. He did it by signing unwanted players like Trent Green, Priest Holmes, Eddie Kennison, Willie Roaf, Casey Wiegmann, Todd Collins and Damon Huard.

He also failed with signing players like Dexter McCleon, Shawn Barber, and Vonnie Holiday and tried to fix it by drafting horrible players like Ryan Sims, Eddie Freeman, Jr. Siavii, yet he clearly hit on Jared Allen, Derrick Johnson, LJ, Dustin Colquitt, and converted Brian Waters,

As Herm took over a team in shambles he signed the unwanted players of Ty Law, Big Mac, Donnie Edwards, Ron Edwards, James Reed, Nap Harris, Adrian Jones, the kick return from the Lions whose name I already forgot, John McGraw ... I can't name one FA that Herm has signed that I think was a good signing and a bunch of others who didn't see the light of day.

My point.. When a new coach takes over it is usually in shambles. That is why they left.... DV came in with a plan, implemented it and turned the team into a competitive play off team.

Herm came in, did nothing, signed some guys in an effort to remain competitive from DV's team, failed and then developed a plan and is just now starting to implement it.

Had Herm started his plan year one, we could be winning now like DV did.

The blame can only be pointed at one HC and that is Herm. He has had this team now for three years and he had no direction on where it should be. That is not DV fault.
    I do not think this is correct place to put blame for the condition that the our team is rebuilding! We all know we loved the team we had with DV, we also know that in that time period, we had great O-line, we also know they were getting older! CP job as GM, should be plan of replacing, or developing the team players, Head Coach should be coaching!!!!, the players! cp bought into a DV short term plan to get to the SB for Lamar, it failed! So the team now is in a full rebuild, and homer am I, I still think we will win every game we play, but we are going to get better. Karl Peterson has done some good things in his time at KC, but he needs to go now! By trying to buy a team with DV, for a possible win now for Lamar, before he passed away. We did not develop replacement players in the trenches!
    jmo

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I do not think this is correct place to put blame for the condition that the our team is rebuilding! We all know we loved the team we had with DV, we also know that in that time period, we had great O-line, we also know they were getting older! CP job as GM, should be plan of replacing, or developing the team players, Head Coach should be coaching!!!!, the players! cp bought into a DV short term plan to get to the SB for Lamar, it failed! So the team now is in a full rebuild, and homer am I, I still think we will win every game we play, but we are going to get better. Karl Peterson has done some good things in his time at KC, but he needs to go now! By trying to buy a team with DV, for a possible win now for Lamar, before he passed away. We did not develop replacement players in the trenches!
    jmo
    This is Herm's third year as HC. It is not his first. The fact that it took him two years before he started to rebuild, and based on the failed attempt to build off DV's team. This is 100% Herm and CP's fault.

Now if Herm was to rebuild after his first year here. That would be DV's fault. The sole fact that Herm dragged an aging team out another two years is not DV's fault.

DV was building a team to win right away. It was never his intent to build a team for the long term. We alll knew that. That is why CP highered him.

As far as scouting talent to rebuild with, Herm does an excellent job. I do not like his coaching decisions in the game, though. My worst beef is with the offensive game plan. To call it vanilla would be giving it too much credit for flavor and color. This offensive scheme is more like rice cakes...

Whether that is more Herm's or Chan's fault doesn't much matter to me. It seriously looks like an offense my mom might draw up. Too simple, too easy to read, TOO PREDICTABLE. If this is Gaily's fault, then it's also Herm's fault for not planting his foot in the OC's @$$.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

I can't believe people are knocking Dick Vermiel. I don't think I've ever seen more exciting Chiefs football since I've been watching them. He had a lot of bust draft picks, but was a much better coach than Herm will ever be.

We've got a guy that's lost 11 straight. Lost the last 2 to the F'ing raiders in our house, and you're knocking the last guy that was here, who had a pretty good record as I recall. He's supposed to be a D-guy!! as he calls himself. Has had 3 years to get "His" D-guys here and play "his" D-ball. And the F'n raiders, without thier starting RB run for over half the game, romp for 300 yards, yes chief fans, 300 yards in our stadium. And you want to blame the last guy.

Wake Up!!! No coach walks into a wonderful situation, but Herm, with help from Carl, has taken us from good to awful. He's no head coach. He's defeated before he starts a game. He has his team defeated before they start the game, he has no idea how to win and his overall record is proof enough. he sucks! But he's lost another QB, so the excuses continue to mount for him.

And maybe Dick didn't take us all the way, but I had a lot more fun watching his teams win regular season games, than I do watching the scum like oakland, the lions, texans, browns, denver & the jets kick our a$$. And to have oakland do it twice in a row in our house just shows no heart. this team wasn't ready to play, and the fact that they ran all over us proves it. No Heart! I don't know how Tony G. can stand walking on that field.

Quote Originally Posted by chief addict View Post
    I can't believe people are knocking Dick Vermiel. I don't think I've ever seen more exciting Chiefs football since I've been watching them. He had a lot of bust draft picks, but was a much better coach than Herm will ever be.
    I agree completely. Rep.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast