Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: thigpen confirmed starter

Default thigpen confirmed starter

thoughts - scared? angry?

i'm not sure how much worse we can look this season, i think i'm now fully prepared to weather the storm.

i have to admit i'm interested to see if thig looks any better after a week of reps as the confirmed starter.

Maybe this pathetic decision will finally get Herm out of here. Probably wishful thinking.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by teamcool68 View Post
    thoughts - scared? angry?

i'm not sure how much worse we can look this season, i think i'm now fully prepared to weather the storm.

i have to admit i'm interested to see if thig looks any better after a week of reps as the confirmed starter.
    I agree with you. After last sunday I swore I would not watch anymore games this season... It sometimes amazes me how much I love the chiefs.... It is like going every sunday to watch your little brother get beat up and there's nothing you can do about it. But I have gotten the mindset to watch a team grow every week and not to watch a team win. I know that saying this is played out but to have a high drat pick again will help tremendously. Besides with how good some of these teams look, we dont even belong in the playoffs.

With that said, I too am interested to see Thigpen start. May as well know for sure what we have by the end of the season to make the best use of free agency and the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Maybe this pathetic decision will finally get Herm out of here. Probably wishful thinking.
    Not to back the chiefs coaching staff or especially the GM... but how is starting your 3rd string QB when your first 2 are injured pathetic? I actually expect it.

Who would you start?

Exactly. And don't forget, towards the end of the game, Tyler looked decent. Sure, Oakland was playing off the ball a bit, but he was pretty accurate and made nice, quick decisions. The interception on the last drive appeared to be Gonzo's fault more than Thigpen's. Tony was underneath the secondary near the first down marker on third and long in four down territory. He should've been looking for the pass, not trying to run the route past the first down marker.

Herm said Huard is healthy. Ready to back him, now?
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

ya, if huard is hurt, you have no choice DMN. But lets give the ball to the guy who gives us the best chance to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    ya, if huard is hurt, you have no choice DMN. But lets give the ball to the guy who gives us the best chance to win.
    I completely agree. But I dont want to win just enough to slide into the playoffs on a wild card only to get handled the first game. That has been chiefs football for too long now. I love a winning record... but I want a superbowl. and Damon Huard will not be around long enough to get us there. I disagree with a lot of what the chiefs coaching is doing (mainly coordination, Both O and D), but it is time for these guys to sink or swim.

I guess what I am saying is that I want there to be no question at all to whether or not the chiefs have a QB by the end of the season that can do the job. I mean dont you?

Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post
    I completely agree. But I dont want to win just enough to slide into the playoffs on a wild card only to get handled the first game. That has been chiefs football for too long now. I love a winning record... but I want a superbowl. and Damon Huard will not be around long enough to get us there. I disagree with a lot of what the chiefs coaching is doing (mainly coordination, Both O and D), but it is time for these guys to sink or swim.

I guess what I am saying is that I want there to be no question at all to whether or not the chiefs have a QB by the end of the season that can do the job. I mean dont you?
    Yes DMN, I appreciate your enthusiasm too on making it to the playoffs or SB. But lets be realistic. Thats not likely to happen anytime soon.

And yes, by the time we get to SB Huard will be gone. But still, we need to salvage some pride and do what we can to win THIS game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    Yes DMN, I appreciate your enthusiasm too on making it to the playoffs or SB. But lets be realistic. Thats not likely to happen anytime soon.

And yes, by the time we get to SB Huard will be gone. But still, we need to salvage some pride and do what we can to win THIS game.
    Are you *so* sure that Huard gives us a better chance to win than Thigpen does? They each have one td pass to their credit and 0 wins between them. Thigpen has more picks, but at least one of them wasn't his fault. Huard's at the plateau of his playing ability, but Thigpen conceivably has the chance to improve given the chance to play against starting defenses.

We know what Huard can do, and this season's awash anyway. Let the kid show us if he has true potential or not while the perfect opportunity for it has presented itself.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast