Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Pass. No run. IT IS NOT AN LJ ISSUE!!

Default No Pass. No run. IT IS NOT AN LJ ISSUE!!

The last two weeks the Chiefs have seen nothing but 8 to 9 guys in the box at all times. NORMALLY this is an easy audible and first down for a good quarterback. But for the Chiefs it means nothing other than: A= The incompetent quarterback gets sacked or B= One of our runningbacks get killed. Other than Damion Mcintosh, the Offensive line hasnt been horrible. I remember when defenses used to line up like that to stop Priest. Trent Green had an answer every time. We ran when the defense was back and we passed when they came to the line. We cannot do that right now with Thigpen or Damon. Maybe Brodie will be able to, but until we can pass, LJ or anybody else will not go anywhere! Im not the guy who says that we should of called this or called that, because I know that I run an automotive shop and they coach football games. BUT I have to ask, why dont we come out passing. Or ever pass on 1st down. Or ever run on 3rd down. To me its impossible to question the ability of LJ until this problem is fixed. Some of you guys always talk about how he jogs around or doesnt hit the hole. You guys know that thats how hes always looked behind the line! Hes always had those goofy long strides as hes lookin where to go and when he gets in space, he turns on the burners. I watched alot of highlight reels on youtube and compared them to some of this years runs on the game recap section on NFL.com. Thier is no difference in his behind the line running! The only difference is that before he would have these gaping holes to run through or he would end up burning the defense on a counter. Where the hell is T. Rich by the way! Anyway after lookin at some stuff I just wanted to point that out. GO CHIEFS!

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Most of the guys just want LJ gone due to character issues, similar to someone else that plays for another KC baseball team. I kind of hinted this after the loss, and I'll say it again. I would KILL for a QB that can read incoming blitzes better. It's so freaking obvious, but we just run it right into them anyways!
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    The last two weeks the Chiefs have seen nothing but 8 to 9 guys in the box at all times. NORMALLY this is an easy audible and first down for a good quarterback. But for the Chiefs it means nothing other than: A= The incompetent quarterback gets sacked or B= One of our runningbacks get killed. Other than Damion Mcintosh, the Offensive line hasnt been horrible. I remember when defenses used to line up like that to stop Priest. Trent Green had an answer every time. We ran when the defense was back and we passed when they came to the line. We cannot do that right now with Thigpen or Damon. Maybe Brodie will be able to, but until we can pass, LJ or anybody else will not go anywhere! Im not the guy who says that we should of called this or called that, because I know that I run an automotive shop and they coach football games. BUT I have to ask, why dont we come out passing. Or ever pass on 1st down. Or ever run on 3rd down. To me its impossible to question the ability of LJ until this problem is fixed. Some of you guys always talk about how he jogs around or doesnt hit the hole. You guys know that thats how hes always looked behind the line! Hes always had those goofy long strides as hes lookin where to go and when he gets in space, he turns on the burners. I watched alot of highlight reels on youtube and compared them to some of this years runs on the game recap section on NFL.com. Thier is no difference in his behind the line running! The only difference is that before he would have these gaping holes to run through or he would end up burning the defense on a counter. Where the hell is T. Rich by the way! Anyway after lookin at some stuff I just wanted to point that out. GO CHIEFS!
    The problem right now is that the defenses know that if they stack the box, our young quarterbacks are not going to be able to make a play. They stop the rush and or provide pressure to the quarterback.

Unfortunately, the offensive line right now cannot provide protection for the QB and the other teams know this. Until the line is properly addressed this is always going to be a problem. We cannot go long because the offensive line will break down before the play develops.

This is why we go for the running game and the short pass.

I am not a football coach, but in my opinion, the only way we are going to be able to break these teams from playing us like this is to do some really fast short yardage plays. Small five or six yard plays where the QB does three steps or less before releasing the ball.

This last weekend Thigpen had some success with this type of play, I am hopig we can do the same thing again this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    The problem right now is that the defenses know that if they stack the box, our young quarterbacks are not going to be able to make a play. They stop the rush and or provide pressure to the quarterback.

Unfortunately, the offensive line right now cannot provide protection for the QB and the other teams know this. Until the line is properly addressed this is always going to be a problem. We cannot go long because the offensive line will break down before the play develops.

This is why we go for the running game and the short pass.

I am not a football coach, but in my opinion, the only way we are going to be able to break these teams from playing us like this is to do some really fast short yardage plays. Small five or six yard plays where the QB does three steps or less before releasing the ball.

This last weekend Thigpen had some success with this type of play, I am hopig we can do the same thing again this week.
    I agree with you. I still think that we might be able to put our offenseive line and quarterback in a better position through more suprising play calling. But your right on with quick passing. But its hard with a quarterback who hasnt played / practiced with the rest of the team alot because a quick passing game is a two or three step drop and those plays come down to timing100%

I think we should run the no huddle offense at times. That can really throw a defense off and get them tired. A lot of our better drives have come off no huddle this season.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

When guys lined up like that, not only did we have Green, we had Roaf, Wiegman, Shields, Dunn, T-Rich. And the year before that...Tait. All those guys are eventually H.O.F.s!!!!!!(except Dunn). So something like 8+ guys was a walk in the park.

Tony Richardson went to the Vikings after we let him go. He did an awesome job there. However, due to money with Adrian and Jared Allen, couldnt keep him. He is now with the Jets protecting Favre and paving ways for the RB. And if you get a chance to watch him, youll see hes still got it. We miss you T-Rich!

I disagree the offensive line has been horrible. Niswanger, Jones and Big Mac are spead bumps. A good block for them is a stale mate stand up.

LJ does not fit this team right now and is being phased out. LJ needs the ball 25 to 30 times. The offensive line is so bad, there is no way you game plan on carrying the ball 30 times because it be 4 and 4 every series.

They need to leave him in on 3rd downs to keep the defense honest. Pulling him every 3rd down is making the offense more predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I think we should run the no huddle offense at times. That can really throw a defense off and get them tired. A lot of our better drives have come off no huddle this season.
    Why not run the no-huddle the entire game? Its gotta work better than than bringing in plays from the offensive jaugernaut we have on the sidelines...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I disagree the offensive line has been horrible. Niswanger, Jones and Big Mac are spead bumps. A good block for them is a stale mate stand up.

LJ does not fit this team right now and is being phased out. LJ needs the ball 25 to 30 times. The offensive line is so bad, there is no way you game plan on carrying the ball 30 times because it be 4 and 4 every series.

They need to leave him in on 3rd downs to keep the defense honest. Pulling him every 3rd down is making the offense more predictable.
    Niswanger has been suprisingly good actually. Its Jones and Mac. Those guys are awful. I wish they would put in Herbie.

Niswanger has been suprisingly good actually. Its Jones and Mac. Those guys are awful. I wish they would put in Herbie.
    I disagree about Niswanger. He isn't as bad as Jones and Mac but he has been pretty bad. I had to go rewatch him after Tim Grunhardt mentioned this earlier this week.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast