Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Let Charles carry the load

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

Default Let Charles carry the load

Since LJ dosen`t want to bounce it outside and Charles will, give the ball to him. Also Charles burst gets him through the hole(or what there is of one) faster than LJ.
    I also think Smith`s speed mightbe suited for our line.
    LJ`s 45 mil,orwhatever, is the only thing keeping him in.
    Trade him or sit him!
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Well, I was calling for a trade before the season started and I wouldnt be unreceptive of 1 now. Although, after 1 game? I blame more Gailey for the offense rather than a ineffective LJ. Seemed like every call LJ got was up the middle since the Chiefs have put in a "special package" for Charles. I think LJ was trying to make the best of a bad siuation. Did you see Charles running up the middle? No, or VERY few times. Also, did you see LJ run outside the tackles? No, only when he needed too. Im actually starting to think Gailey's offense just might be more predicable than Saunders. If LJ is in its going up the middle and if Charles is in? its most likely to going to bounce outside.

I dunno about handing the reigns over to Charles quite yet, but he certainly made a strong case for himself yesterday. LJ needs to hit the line harder and remember that he's a power back first, and a finesse runner second.

Charles is not an every down back. Period. He will NEVER be the featured back in this system. He needs to keep his role as a change of pace/ complementary back.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Charles is not an every down back. Period. He will NEVER be the featured back in this system. He needs to keep his role as a change of pace/ complementary back.
    Agreed. It would be good to have Kolby back to take some of those carries with LJ though. The guy looks like he's fallen off.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

I'm a lil bored of LJ, he doesnt look as good. He doesnt move or think as fast as he did. Plus, I'm really bummin that kolby didnt get time at all. He's been legit every game he plays. Everyone always figures to use two backs as powerback/speedback system, BUT charles is fast enough to juke the angles, smith is nimble enough to spin move forward for mulitple yds a pop.

Kolby is injured.

is he? i hadnt realized that. you kno with what til he can go?

The Chiefs added Smith (back) to their injury report on Thursday, the Kansas City Star reports. He did not practice Thursday. Coach Herm Edwards hasn’t revealed any details about the injury, so we’ll probably have to wait until Friday’s designations (probable, questionable, etc.) come out before we know more about Smith’s status for Sunday’s opener at New England. If Smith can’t play, Jamaal Charles and Jackie Battle would likely share the primary backup role to Larry Johnson.

Source: Yahoo!Sports

and...

Inactive players for the Chiefs today: WR Maurice Price, RB Kolby Smith, LB Napoleon Harris, G Brian De La Puente, T Barry Richardson, WR Will Franklin, DT T.J. Jackson and QB Tyler Thigpen (3rd quarterback). The Chiefs will go into the game with only three active wide receivers.

Source: Boston Globe

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast