Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hmmm not a bad idea!!!

Default Hmmm not a bad idea!!!

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    Cowher would be great for almost any team if he comes back...but Vick? No way do you guys need a guy who wasn't a very good passer to start with, and has been off the field for 2+ years by the time he can play again. I'd say your better bet would be to pursue a veteran free agent this offseason and draft a real QB of the future, (early 1st round talent)...free agents this upcoming offseason http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/featu.../fa.php?y=2009

Possible guys who'd be interesting for the Chiefs
    David Garrard--not a dynamic guy, but he's athletic, makes good decisions, and has shown he can flourish in a conservative offense with poor WR talent
    JP Losman---Bills won't resign him, he's not great, but he could be a good stop-gap if you draft a legit guy...and who knows he could end up holding the job kind of like Derek Anderson did in Cleveland.
    Matt Cassel---hmmm, he might play well enough this year to demand more money than the Pats will pay for a backup...
    Kerry Collins/Kurt Warner---the ultimate stop-gaps, and only if you win the Tebow sweeps...
    Kyle Orton---he's playing this year in Chicago, with no playmakers around him. If he does decently even it says something about him.

The others are mostly career backups, scrubs and complete headcases.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Vick................No Way!!

Id defineatly be willing to give Losman or Garrard a tryout.

But theres no way Jags are that stupid to let go of Gerrad.

Everybody else is too old or inadequate for this team for our rebuilding stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    Vick................No Way!!

Id defineatly be willing to give Losman or Garrard a tryout.

But theres no way Jags are that stupid to let go of Gerrad.

Everybody else is too old or inadequate for this team for our rebuilding stage.
    Yeah my point with the older guys is only if you guys 'give up' on Croyle and reach into the draft again. Then ideally you'd have a Tebow or other top talent not be 'forced' to start game 1 of their first NFL season. Not that they wouldn't win the job (see Matt Ryan and Joey Flacco) but that there'd be another 'option' if they are deemed not ready.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

keep michael the hell out of here bill yeah vick no way he sucks as a qb

Garrard isnt going anywhere. Losman, maybe. No way on the rest.

Need Vick, we do not.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Id give Losman a try!

Garrard would be the only one that would be worth getting. But the Jags aren't going to get rid of him anytime soon. Personally, if Cowher were to come back into coaching, I don't think he'd come to K.C.
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

I wouldn't want Garrard, he's just like Huard. Have you seen him perform with a bad O-line? If you haven't, just watch him with the Jags right now. Theirs is as bad as ours, and he looks awful!
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast