Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Herm HAS to go

Default Herm HAS to go

Everyone,

I am a die hard Chiefs fan. But this new "system" Herm has brought to the Chiefs is the goddamned worse thing I have ever seen in my life. He talks about being a hard nose type of guy...The defense is terrible. We cannot stop the run. We bring in Herm Edwards to a downright decent team and he turns them in to the worst team in the league. He says let's start Thigpen to give him a chance. Herm...you are a ****ing idiot. You don't bring in players and evaluate them during the regular season. You play the players that give you the best chance to win (AKA Huard). If someone steps up, THEN you play that person.

Herm Edwards is outright the worst coach I have ever seen in the NFL. Talk about drafting young people and making a team out of that. That has to be the most flawed argument ever. We have gotten ****pounded by the other two worst teams in the NFL and there is no chance we will win this season under the misdirection of Herm Edwards. I know he thinks he is a genius trading off people like Jared Allen for draft picks............Draft picks are just like gambling, and I refuse to have a coach that relies solely on draft picks.

Thigpen at one point in the game was 3/16 with two picks, and we still didn't see Huard. Herm, please learn that yes we do care about the future, but you have to win in the present as well. One of the greatest franchises in football has sunk to the same level that our beloved royals are at.

MANAGEMENT, please bring someone to KC that knows how to win.

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    the packers area very young team as well same with the titans the bad part about this whole thing is that we are losing bad to teams that are not that good. the dolphins are rebuilding as well and look what they did yesterday. the more this goes on the longer it will set us back and i think that is were alot of the frustration is coming from the big picture is we are a team with some talent on a very long losing streak i am hoping as soon as we get that first win whenever that will be we can roll from there and as soon as our rookies get 6 to 7 games under their belt we will see a vast improvemant if not we are really in trouble
    That is a really long sentence.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    That is a really long sentence.
    thanks bud

Post wow

How bout we all just pool our money and buy the chiefs? Maybe then we could get the team up and running.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2008/30/...fs_309072.html

Lets look at the future?

Herm has to be done, along with Carl! The product on the field isn't good enough. Simple!

So, new GM, new Coach! I hope it is a hard nosed S.O.B. like Cower or Jack Del Rio.
    A very young team that should have some talent in spots, Albert, Bo, Page, DJ, Dorsey, the corners,ect. Plus they get another draft, with the first pick, and you have enough cap room to get some key free agents. Starting at both sides of the LINE! That is how you build a team! At the Line. And all these new guys will learn from the coach and have a system that will work! WOW, they may actually play to win a game!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    My information may be wrong, but it is coming from two reliable sources... one being a close friend of the Hunts and the other having worked within the chiefs organization. You never know though... I am just going off of what I have been told.
    Well you would have thought if the change was going to be made last year was the time to do it. Since Clark has allowed Herm to remain on the team for this year. It would be easy to assume that Clark is give him and CP the rest of their contract to see if they can turn it around.

I hope something happens to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post
    Hayvern I do agree with the FA's to come in and fill some holes. But if there is nothing there then we have to go about it through the draft... It also makes me really weary about plugging in free agents... Vermeil tried to do this and look at all the busts he had...

The last thing this team needs is more unknown with bringing in more coaches and im a firm believer in that... But if he doesnt get this team on the right track in another year or so then i'm right with everyone else calling for his head... But I would like to see this played out and us not jumping the gun too early
    Vermiel's draft picks were busts. He was actually quite successful in free agency.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Well you would have thought if the change was going to be made last year was the time to do it. Since Clark has allowed Herm to remain on the team for this year. It would be easy to assume that Clark is give him and CP the rest of their contract to see if they can turn it around.

I hope something happens to change that.
    Yep. But I don't see any changes, players or management, until after the season is over. There is just too many holes to fill to try to quick fix anything. CP and company made the personnel decisions that got us to this point, and they will face the consequences, but probably not till the off-season.
    In earlier posts, I didn't want to trade for Quinn. After another loss to Atlanta, I was ready to bring him in-at any cost. Now I realize how foolish that would be. We need all the early draft picks we can get to build our Chiefs into a championship team. There is really no quick fix for this team at this point. Every game we play is more experience for our 1-2 year players.
    I just wish we would had started this process 3 years ago after DV left.
    I look to see some drastic improvement out of our young players, starting this sunday. Our lb's, Nap and Hali, need to seriously step up and stuff the Donks. Thomas should not be a mlb on this team. DJ needs his breakout year now. He needs a couple sacks to fire up these guys. Shouldn't have to constantly blitz Pollard to get to the qb.
    I didn't expect our offense to be lights out this year, but I did expect better play on D. And I know they're on the field a lot, but its time for a gut check.
    Its time for a win.
    Chiefs beat Denver 24-17.
    SHUT IT

Holy crap! Detroit just fired Millen!!
    I guess you don't have to wait for off-season to fire president/gm!!
    We have hope...
    SHUT IT

Ah yes I see they did. But the article says he's been there since 2001 and the Lions are a horrible 31-84 since then. So even though the firing comes after just 3 games this season, he lasted a long time through 7 losing records in a row (including a 2-14 and two 3-13's).

Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post
    Im not saying it is but dont come at with a 39-41 record that is a little deceptive itself considering he did have 3 winning seasons out of 5 and they did make the playoffs each of those years and posted 2 post season wins... How the hell does that make him a bad coach??? Because we are a young team and arent winning right now??
    The remnants of the team that Bill Parcells built, you forget that Bill Parcels built the Jets that made it to the playoffs, not HERM, He hasn't re-built any team. I hope you are right and Herm's philosophy will work... but I have a feeling history will repeat itself and we will be as inconsistent as the Jets were during his tenure. I don't want a couple of playoff wins....

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast