Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Herm HAS to go

Default Herm HAS to go

Everyone,

I am a die hard Chiefs fan. But this new "system" Herm has brought to the Chiefs is the goddamned worse thing I have ever seen in my life. He talks about being a hard nose type of guy...The defense is terrible. We cannot stop the run. We bring in Herm Edwards to a downright decent team and he turns them in to the worst team in the league. He says let's start Thigpen to give him a chance. Herm...you are a ****ing idiot. You don't bring in players and evaluate them during the regular season. You play the players that give you the best chance to win (AKA Huard). If someone steps up, THEN you play that person.

Herm Edwards is outright the worst coach I have ever seen in the NFL. Talk about drafting young people and making a team out of that. That has to be the most flawed argument ever. We have gotten ****pounded by the other two worst teams in the NFL and there is no chance we will win this season under the misdirection of Herm Edwards. I know he thinks he is a genius trading off people like Jared Allen for draft picks............Draft picks are just like gambling, and I refuse to have a coach that relies solely on draft picks.

Thigpen at one point in the game was 3/16 with two picks, and we still didn't see Huard. Herm, please learn that yes we do care about the future, but you have to win in the present as well. One of the greatest franchises in football has sunk to the same level that our beloved royals are at.

MANAGEMENT, please bring someone to KC that knows how to win.

Herm calls the same damn running play twice trying to get into the end zone? That is why he has to go.

The system is fine. The players have not executed it up until todays game, and they must continue to improve on that if they want to stay competitive. The philosophy is sound.

Quote Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
    The system is fine. The players have not executed it up until todays game, and they must continue to improve on that if they want to stay competitive. The philosophy is sound.
    Herm called the same play twice while tryign to get into the endzone. The way the play was executed it was clear what was going to happen when they snapped the ball. When you line up the pro-bowl tight end behind the tackle, you know that an off-tackle running play is going to be called.

He did this twice and had to settle for a field goal. That kind of play calling is what is killing this team. It might be unpopular to say it, but it is true, and one win does not change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Herm called the same play twice while tryign to get into the endzone. The way the play was executed it was clear what was going to happen when they snapped the ball. When you line up the pro-bowl tight end behind the tackle, you know that an off-tackle running play is going to be called.

He did this twice and had to settle for a field goal. That kind of play calling is what is killing this team. It might be unpopular to say it, but it is true, and one win does not change it.
    Hey Doomsday, you could say whatever you want about the Chiefs. If its not badmouthing them over a great win then Hayvern doesnt want to hear it. LJ sucks, Herm sucks, The Chiefs suck. Go everybody else. Right Vern?

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Hey Doomsday, you could say whatever you want about the Chiefs. If its not badmouthing them over a great win then Hayvern doesnt want to hear it. LJ sucks, Herm sucks, The Chiefs suck. Go everybody else. Right Vern?
    You do not know me and clearly you don't have a clue as to what you are talking about.

On two seperate occasions I have traveled over 1700 miles to attend a Chiefs home game, and on both occasions they lost. If I could afford it, I will travel EVERY weekend to a game and see them play. I am going to the Chiefs, Chargers game in San Diego this year as well. You know nothing about me or how much I like the Chiefs, having said that, I am also entitled to my opinion about how this team is playing or how they are not playing.

I know a lot of people do not like negativity on this board, apparently you are one of them. I think today's game was great and am happy for the win, but that is just one win and Herm has a long way to go to prove to me and aa huge number of other Chief's fans that he is worthy of being a coach at this level.

As for Johnson, he gets a little easier road, he is starting to prove his worth again, if he can continue and show some leadership on this team, then he will win me over, but his actions of late do not give him an automatic free pass.
    Last edited by Hayvern; 09-29-2008 at 03:03 AM.

Can someone explain to me why Herm waited for the play clock to run down to 01, before calling a time out in the 2nd quarter with like 10 minutues still on the clock when it was 3rd and 7. Then the Chiefs run another stupid HB screen to J. Charles for another nil gain after the time out.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Can someone explain to me why Herm waited for the play clock to run down to 01, before calling a time out in the 2nd quarter with like 10 minutues still on the clock when it was 3rd and 7. Then the Chiefs run another stupid HB screen to J. Charles for another nil gain after the time out.
    Umm, no

Seriously though, it felt to me like a play where all the receivers were covered and Huard dumped it off to the safety valve
    Last edited by Hayvern; 09-29-2008 at 10:31 AM.

Umm, no

Seriously though, it felt to me like a play where all the receivers were covered and Huard dumped it off to the safety valve
    It is not a safety valve when their is line men supposedly blocking for him. It specifically isn't a good play when it was the 5th time they tried it.

I don't like that play, either... waaay too obvious. However, a couple of times I saw them go away from Tony's side on that play, trying to get the donkeys to over-commit. I still don't think it's a very good play, tho. That toss is our bread and butter right now.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Wow, pop a Valium. I was thrilled we won. Am I suddenly a Herm lover now? No. Why? He's so inconsistent it's not even funny. How is it we demolished a team like Denver at home, but then get our @sses handed to us at home by the Raiders? But that's how all of Herm's teams have been as a head coach. No consistency at all. He still needs to be shown the door along with Carl.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast