Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Croyle had his shot

Default Croyle had his shot

FOXSports' Jay Glazer reports that the Chiefs called the Browns about the availability of Brady Quinn this week.
    Cleveland turned them down and Quinn dynasty owners can only hope that the Browns don't reconsider. With Cleveland 0-2 and Derek Anderson struggling mightily over his past seven games, Quinn's chances of taking over at some point appear pretty good. Also interesting to note: Chiefs fans recently started a "GetBradyNow.com" website. We doubt a deal will happen.

Even though the Chiefs didn't land Quinn, this has to signal the end of the Chiefs willingness to lay their future in Croyle's hands. The Chiefs will undoubtedly draft a QB in the 2009 draft. Croyle might still get the starting nod next season, but he has officially lost his title as the franchise's "QB of the future."

... thank god.

good to see the front office is at the very least trying to find solutions RIGHT NOW instead of just sitting on their laurels.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

wonder how much pressure ball-less clark is putting on the queen right now. i would think he`d have some pride in him. watching your team lose 12 straight and not really improving.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

they should call more teams about backups...there are plenty of good backups out there..trade all 3 of our qb's for 1 back up!..get rid of them now!

I was surprised that we didnt try for Leftwich, Simms, or Joey Harrington when they were all available. They wouuld not only have made the team, but would have had some experience in the NFL.

Have you guys seen the QB out of Georgia named Stafford? That guy has a cannon. I agree the Chiefs will draft a QB next year. Too early to say whether they use their first pick on one though.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I was surprised that we didnt try for Leftwich, Simms, or Joey Harrington when they were all available. They wouuld not only have made the team, but would have had some experience in the NFL.

Have you guys seen the QB out of Georgia named Stafford? That guy has a cannon. I agree the Chiefs will draft a QB next year. Too early to say whether they use their first pick on one though.
    We desperately need a qb to build this team around. No matter how good Croyle might be, if he can't stay healthy, he's no good to us.
    Our major problem is we need a qb now, not next year.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    We desperately need a qb to build this team around. No matter how good Croyle might be, if he can't stay healthy, he's no good to us.
    Our major problem is we need a qb now, not next year.
    Yes we need a QB, but not now, next season yes, we do not need to go out and pick up a has been or not proven young QB, What vet is out there that can come in and do anything for us? Its only the third week of the season, lets go with what we have. jmo

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Yes we need a QB, but not now, next season yes, we do not need to go out and pick up a has been or not proven young QB, What vet is out there that can come in and do anything for us? Its only the third week of the season, lets go with what we have. jmo
    I was just kicking CP in the face for not having any forsight on the fragility of Croyle. He is small and injury prone. He is not the future of the Chiefs. CP and Herm were sadly mistaken when they didn't jump up a spot to grab Quinn in 07 draft...Don't get me wrong. I like Bowe, but you build around a qb, not a reciever.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by iwubmychiefs View Post
    what is wrong with croyle? remember, he is beawolf. who can stop beawolf? NOBODY!!!
    is a beawolf?

I think he meant Beowulf. 12th century epic hero. Never thought I'd have to call on my British Lit class on this board.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by iwubmychiefs View Post
    yes i spelled it wrong, but i was referring to the article someone wrote about this last year that we all poled fun of. maybe no one remember is.
    But GEE how could you have poled? fun at anything last year when you just started in September 08. Hmmm are you Timmy reincarnated. Or is it more of multiple personality syndrome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast