Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Step Forward?

Hybrid View

Default A Step Forward?

I know we can't win, but we need to take steps forward. Was today a step forward? I hope so. Bad loss, but finally moved the ball. Can we build on that? Rebuilding means building something, are we? Can we build on today and take a step forward next week? honestly I think we're a one win team, but if we can start to build a core, then I have to hope for that. I don't think Herm will get us there, he blows, but did we take one step forward today? I want to say yes. We played a bad team and lost by a lot, but we need something to build on. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    I know we can't win, but we need to take steps forward. Was today a step forward? I hope so. Bad loss, but finally moved the ball. Can we build on that? Rebuilding means building something, are we? Can we build on today and take a step forward next week? honestly I think we're a one win team, but if we can start to build a core, then I have to hope for that. I don't think Herm will get us there, he blows, but did we take one step forward today? I want to say yes. We played a bad team and lost by a lot, but we need something to build on. Thoughts?
    Only part of the offense that took a step forward was LJ, the rest of the offense stunk. Defense looked bad again.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Only part of the offense that took a step forward was LJ, the rest of the offense stunk. Defense looked bad again.
    Yes LJ finally was able to put some action on the field. That is a step forward and something to build around, maybe Chan will be able to develope some plays around that success, and build on that.

I know, it's pretty slim. I'm just looking for something positive, and I'm coming up pretty empty. I DVR'd the first half because I was out. Watching it now, it's pretty awful. I fully realize that Thigpin was going to need some time to pull it together, but the f'n Defense, jesus. That was supposed to be the one thing we were getting better at. Better enough that we were Ok with dumping
    Allen for a draft pick. Ugh, this blows. I still am going to try and find something positive, and I guess it's LJ this week. But I will say this, I've never seen any team (except maybe oakland) worst at preparing for a game. Freak'n Herm never has this team ready for thier opponent.

We're definetely going backwards. We got hammered - again.
    SHUT IT

We can always hope! Chief's will get better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 09-21-2008 at 10:46 PM.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

it`s always nice to see your vet mlb`er get dragged down the field for 15 yards.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    it`s always nice to see your vet mlb`er get dragged down the field for 15 yards.
    Yep, if there is anything we can take from yesterday's game, it's that Pat Thomas is definitely not the answer at LB. I was really surprised the Chiefs did not take a LB last year. Dan Connor from Penn State was there when we took Jamaal Charles. While I like Charles, I really thought we would have taken Connor from LBU there. He's an OLB, but we need all the LB talent we can get.

Why is it so hard for Management to see what needs they will have a couple of years ahead of time? All through the early 2000's I was saying that we need to start drafting O-Linemen because Shields, Roaf, Weigman, etc. were going to be retiring, but they kept drafting everything else. Then the last couple of drafts they have needed LB help, guess how many LBs they have drafted since Derrick Johnson.......One! Boomer Grigsby and that was the same year. They have not drafted a LB since 2005, and it shows on the field.

I guess it goes back to the change in philosophy, building through the draft rather than signing veteran free agents will take some time, but they really should have seen this coming, both the O-line and LBs.

I thought Glenn Dorsey made his presence known yesterday. He was invloved in many stops against the run, most for no or short gains. Get him some line backers who are competent and that run defense would improve. Most long runs were because a line backers missed a tackled. Even DJ was dragged for almost 10 yards on one run.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I thought Glenn Dorsey made his presence known yesterday. He was invloved in many stops against the run, most for no or short gains. Get him some line backers who are competent and that run defense would improve. Most long runs were because a line backers missed a tackled. Even DJ was dragged for almost 10 yards on one run.
    You know the Chiefs and the Falcons had the same problem with the running game early on. Both were running right up the middle and going no where. Glenn Dorsey was the main reason for us stopping them, they were stopping us thanks to our crappy up the middle blocking. Then, they figured out that going off tackle works MUCH better. It took us awhile, but we eventually figured it out, too.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast