Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Step Forward?

Default A Step Forward?

I know we can't win, but we need to take steps forward. Was today a step forward? I hope so. Bad loss, but finally moved the ball. Can we build on that? Rebuilding means building something, are we? Can we build on today and take a step forward next week? honestly I think we're a one win team, but if we can start to build a core, then I have to hope for that. I don't think Herm will get us there, he blows, but did we take one step forward today? I want to say yes. We played a bad team and lost by a lot, but we need something to build on. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I couldn't tell, but it was very obvious Pat Thomas missed a ton runs, but who else was the main culpret. Was it Donnie, or DJ? I never really saw the other two the last two weeks.

I saw DJ make a big hit on a run to the other side but he just bounced off.
    Our LBs are just plain awful, espeically Pat Thomas, even when we blitz, we get almost no pressure at all. All teams have to do is run behind off tackle and away from Dorsey and they're set.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

One step forward. We started with one Qb and finished the game with the same QB.

we created a few holes for larry finally..had a big run..finally a game over 100 yards rushing for him..we need to use charles more tho..at least on 1st downs..do like the marion barber/julius jones duo...larry's good for red zone...charles for everything else..

Quote Originally Posted by zro2gon View Post
    we created a few holes for larry finally..had a big run..finally a game over 100 yards rushing for him..we need to use charles more tho..at least on 1st downs..do like the marion barber/julius jones duo...larry's good for red zone...charles for everything else..
    They need to use Charles less. The whole reason the Chiefs offense actually stared to produce is because the left LJ in and let him get his touches. It was Charles who kept dropping passes, or getting blown up after contact becuase he is so small. Specifically in goal line situations.

Plus LJ did a better job blocking that Charles did. ODD huh.

I know, it's pretty slim. I'm just looking for something positive, and I'm coming up pretty empty. I DVR'd the first half because I was out. Watching it now, it's pretty awful. I fully realize that Thigpin was going to need some time to pull it together, but the f'n Defense, jesus. That was supposed to be the one thing we were getting better at. Better enough that we were Ok with dumping
    Allen for a draft pick. Ugh, this blows. I still am going to try and find something positive, and I guess it's LJ this week. But I will say this, I've never seen any team (except maybe oakland) worst at preparing for a game. Freak'n Herm never has this team ready for thier opponent.

the defense is ranked 4 th against the pass but that probably is because all you have to do is run on us to win and win big

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12