Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Now what?

Default Now what?

We need a win vs donks next sunday. Which qb gives us best shot?
    Huard? Can't run. He'll get crushed.
    Thigpen? Maybe. Maybe not.
    Martin? Maybe? I say put him in there.
    Sounds desperate, I know, but we are desperate. We need a spark from somewhere.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I think we have a problem at QB still, but we have a much larger problem on the offensive line. Need I remind anyone that Huard lead the league with the fewest interceptions when he filled in for Green in 2006?

A mediocre QB can really shine behind an offensive line that can protect him. There is no protection here and I don't care who you put in the game, when they are hurried like our QBs have been, they are going to throw interceptions.
    This is further complicated by our lack of threat to throw the long ball. Teams know that we can't pass protect long enough for us to run a fly route. I'm surprised teams aren't blitzing every play. Probably because they are getting good pass rush without it. If you can't stretch the field, offense becomes very tough. Watch Denver stretch the field this week if you don't agree with me.

I'm completely in agreement with Hayvern and DMN. I realize now how much I took the high-caliber gentlemen that used to make up the Chiefs offensive line for granted. I really miss the days of Willie Roaf, Will Shields, Casey Wiegemann, Brian Waters, and John Welbourn. Without them, our potent offenses of the past probably wouldn't have been so great.

No offense can produce with a perpetually collapsing pocket.

A defensive philosophy is fine I suppose, even if it is FAR FAR AWAY from what we're used to as Chiefs fans. However, the scoreboard still indicates the victor when the day is done.

with the way the broncos have been playing....we have no chance next week. there offense has been on fire...our defense will be out there after our 3 and outs and get tired quick and the broncos will run up the score...our offense wont show up next week. we need to get the qb situation solved..none of the guys we have can get it done..
    Last edited by zro2gon; 09-22-2008 at 01:40 PM. Reason: added words..didnt make sense

Quote Originally Posted by zro2gon View Post
    with the way the broncos have been playing....we have no chance next week. there offense has been on fire...our defense will be out there after our 3 and outs and get tired quick and the broncos will run up the score...our offense wont show up next week. we need to get the qb situation solved..none of the guys we have can get it done..
    Most of us already know that we can't beat the Broncos.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

I don't. We will win.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Yeah really, of course we can beat them. It's one thing to say it's a longshot, it'll be tough, etc. But to say we can't beat them? That's as true as saying last week that Miami can't beat New England. Boy did they ever beat New England! And we ourselves were five yards away from overtime in New England. Sure, we lost the game. But it was hardly a game that we couldn't have won!

The answer is LJ. He has typically had great games against the Donkies. It was pretty obvious that once LJ started to roll against Atlanta, Thigpen looked more relaxed.

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    Yeah really, of course we can beat them. It's one thing to say it's a longshot, it'll be tough, etc. But to say we can't beat them? That's as true as saying last week that Miami can't beat New England. Boy did they ever beat New England! And we ourselves were five yards away from overtime in New England. Sure, we lost the game. But it was hardly a game that we couldn't have won!
    How can you compared the Broncos to the Pats this season? The Broncos are averaging over 40 points per game! The Pats haven't even hit 20 points in a game ONCE. The Bronco offense is gonna steam-roll us.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

My point is we can beat Denver. Sure, they are favored and we very well may suffer yet another defeat. But why say it's impossible to win? New England was favored by 13 against Miami. Miami not only beat that spread, not only won the game itself, but kicked the crap out of New England by 25. Now we are 9 point underdogs against Denver. If Miami can do all that being 13 point underdogs then of course we can pull out at least a 24-23 victory against Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    How can you compared the Broncos to the Pats this season? The Broncos are averaging over 40 points per game! The Pats haven't even hit 20 points in a game ONCE. The Bronco offense is gonna steam-roll us.
    Aren't they giving up close to 40 a game too?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast