Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Whining

Default Whining

So some, who shall remain nameless, are saying some of us fans are whining. They say we're down on our team. Look, I don't get all wishy washy and hop on the emotional bandwagon. I look at numbers, wins, loses and at the heart players have. So far, not too many of those things are real great. We have players who arguably maybe shouldn't even be playing, coaches who shouldn't be coaching and GM's who shouldn't be managing. The numbers so far are pretty dismal. Even the numbers against the Patriots are suspect after the pounding Miami just dished out to them.

NFL rankings

Offense

Points 30th
    Yards 28th
    Passing Yards 28th
    Rushing Yards 16th

Defense

Points Allowed 25th
    Yards Allowed 25th
    Passing Yards Allowed 4th(Amazing, I know)
    Rushing Yards Allowed 31st

Defensively we're ranked 25th overall.
    Offensively we're ranked 28th overall.
    Kicking we're ranked 32nd overall.
    Field goals we're ranked 30th(3 way tie for last) overall.
    kick returns we're ranked 19th overall.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    Greg posted FACTS!. If anybody disagrees w/ him then post your facts, not opinions.

The only facts you that all you happy goers have is that Carl Peterson has 1 playoff win in his 20 years of being here. And we have 1 SB since 1970!

I understand being positive, its okay. But for some of us:

Going to Arrowhead for fellow Chiefs fans isnt enough.

Going to "Watch" the Chiefs isnt enough. We must see them win! If not that, fight, scratch and claw....EVERY TIME!

Do any of you have children? Do you truly love him/her/them. Im a die hard Chiefs Fan, and have been since I could remember.......But because Im hard on the Chiefs.....that proves how much I love them.
    Not defending cp but speaking of facts here you may want to review this.

Yes I am a Homer and damm proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Not defending cp but speaking of facts here you may want to review this.

Yes I am a Homer and damm proud of it.
    15 years is close enough . :(
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    Passing Yards Allowed 4th(Amazing, I know)
    Rushing Yards Allowed 31st

Defensively we're ranked 25th overall.
    Offensively we're ranked 28th overall.
    Kicking we're ranked 32nd overall.
    Field goals we're ranked 30th(3 way tie for last) overall.
    kick returns we're ranked 19th overall.
    Actually this is not so amazing and is a shining example of what is good about the Chiefs this year. With Page and Pollard both playing well, and Flowers showing why he was an awesome pick, our secondary is playing very very well. Surtain is still a liability, but I like the fact that we have an experienced veteran back there teaching these youngsters the ropes.

I would also attribute the secondary's success to the fact that Edwards was a cornerback. He knows more about the secondary, and I would say he knows more about defense as well. I have said before he would make a great defensive coordinator, but he is not head coach material and it shows.

Anyway, I don't think I would say that it is amazing our secondary is strong, I think that is the hope for the future on the field right now and is a glimmer of excitement for things to come.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    Yawn. Maybe my posts have something to do with this team sucking @ss. If you go back to last season I had hope and praise for for this team. I was suspicious of the "rebuilding". It needs to be done. But when a team rebuilds, they are supposed to get somewhat better. We are, in my opinion, worse than we were last season.

I don't think it's the youth movement that's killing this team. Hell, I was, and still am, a supporter for Croyle. I think the kid has talent. But you can't throw him, or any other QB, to the wolves EVERY game and expect him to live up to any potential.

Edwards CAN'T COACH! He's inconsistent and can't coach a complete game. We were all told that Solari was to blame for last season. I didn't believe it one bit. And so far, I'm being proven right this season. A different OC, same crappy, predictable play calling. Herm has his hand in the cookie jar and is controlling the offensive play calling. We saw it last year and we're seeing it this year. He may be a good defensive coach, I don't think so, but he has no place in this league as a head coach.

And another thing garcia, if you can't participate in an adult conversation or refrain from the name calling, don't bother. What, are you like 12 years old?
    Boy, you kinda had me until you had to keep up the name calling.
    Last edited by Canada; 09-23-2008 at 04:06 PM.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Actually this is not so amazing and is a shining example of what is good about the Chiefs this year. With Page and Pollard both playing well, and Flowers showing why he was an awesome pick, our secondary is playing very very well. Surtain is still a liability, but I like the fact that we have an experienced veteran back there teaching these youngsters the ropes.

I would also attribute the secondary's success to the fact that Edwards was a cornerback. He knows more about the secondary, and I would say he knows more about defense as well. I have said before he would make a great defensive coordinator, but he is not head coach material and it shows.

Anyway, I don't think I would say that it is amazing our secondary is strong, I think that is the hope for the future on the field right now and is a glimmer of excitement for things to come.
    Not to burst your bubble Hayvern but I'd argue that the biggest reason your "passing yards allowed" ranking is so good is that opposing offenses have had very little need to pass the ball. If I can gain 7+ yards per carry I'll simply run the ball down your throat until forced to do otherwise. Additionally so far you've faced 1 quarter of Tom Brady, 3 quarters of Matt Cassel, 4 quarters of Jamarcus Russell, and 4 quarters of a rookie, (Matt Ryan). I'm sorry, but lets see what the passing rank looks like after Cutler, Delhome, Favre, Rivers and Brees have played against your defense. Not trying to be "Debbie Downer" (wa-wa-waaaaaahhh), but the teams you've faced so far have very strong running games and suspect passing games. Lets see what the secondary looks like in a few weeks. Going into the bye you face Cutler then Delhomme, following the bye you've got 3 of the next 5 games against solid passing teams (Jets, San Diego, & New Orleans).
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post

I would also say that we haven't been tested in the secondary because there is no need throw when Oakland gashes us for 300 yards rushing and Atlanta puts up 189.

We made Matt Cassell look like a pro-bowler, but that was a lot for Surtain and JOHN FREAKING MCGRAW.

Page and Pollard have been horrific in the run stop. I guess that happens though when your own line backers are blocking you. The long pass last week was just a joke.

I do like Flowers and Carr. They have been one bright spot this year. When they get beat, they are still close enough to make the play.

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Not to burst your bubble Hayvern but I'd argue that the biggest reason your "passing yards allowed" ranking is so good is that opposing offenses have had very little need to pass the ball. If I can gain 7+ yards per carry I'll simply run the ball down your throat until forced to do otherwise. Additionally so far you've faced 1 quarter of Tom Brady, 3 quarters of Matt Cassel, 4 quarters of Jamarcus Russell, and 4 quarters of a rookie, (Matt Ryan). I'm sorry, but lets see what the passing rank looks like after Cutler, Delhome, Favre, Rivers and Brees have played against your defense. Not trying to be "Debbie Downer" (wa-wa-waaaaaahhh), but the teams you've faced so far have very strong running games and suspect passing games. Lets see what the secondary looks like in a few weeks. Going into the bye you face Cutler then Delhomme, following the bye you've got 3 of the next 5 games against solid passing teams (Jets, San Diego, & New Orleans).
    Most of those teams have great running games, too. Broncos are going committee, but they're still averaging 130+ per game. Panthers have got DeAngelo Williams, Jets have Thomas Jones, we all know who the Chargers have, and the Saints have got the Deuce and Reggie Bush.

Looking through the schedule, just about every team has a solid running back, even if they have a suspect passing game, if we can't stop the run, we're in deep trouble.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post

every team lives and dies with their QB. right now, the Chiefs are dying because they don't have a living QB. They have a statue and a D2 QB.

I do believe the Ravens won the superbowl without living and dying by the quarterback. Trent Dilfer got lucky that he was on team with one of the best defenses the NFL has seen....

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    I do believe the Ravens won the superbowl without living and dying by the quarterback. Trent Dilfer got lucky that he was on team with one of the best defenses the NFL has seen....
    True, but they had Priest Holmes and Jamal Lewis running the ball. Their offense was not as bad that year as everyone seems to think it was.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    True, but they had Priest Holmes and Jamal Lewis running the ball. Their offense was not as bad that year as everyone seems to think it was.
    They also had Mushmouth at TE and a young Brandon Stokely. They didn't move the ball much on offense, but they could at times.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast