Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Let's have fun (Management)

Default Let's have fun (Management)

Right now, everyone hates the current management. This thread is being made to look at GMs ONLY. I can't stand Carl Peterson as the GM of this team. Allowing the Chiefs to get as old as they did this decade is inexcusable and should cost him his job. His player evaluation is practically non-existent. (Justin Medlock)

I want to know who people think we should bring in as the new GM of this organization and why. Instead of complaining, offer solutions.

Personally, I like Marty Shottenheimer. He was basically the coach and GM while he was here, but i just don't want him as a coach. He built the 90's Chiefs and 00's Chargers. This guy knows talent when he sees it. He also has an attitude to reckon with which could come in handy during contract negotiations.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Herm as GM? No freaking way! He cant even coach and so I dont want him calling shots for the salary cap!

Although, I do have to agree that CP has to go! Actually both Herm and CP has to go!

Marty? Im for trying that for a few seasons!

Polian? Would be awesome! He got the other top draft picks since he knows how to play the game! He built the team around Manning.

1 thing though! Alot of people are yelling that Carl and Herm should be fired now. Then why does Kiffin still have his job with the team he was given? I agree that Herm, CP, and Kiffin should be gone!

Kiffin, just because of the team he was given and not producing so horribly. Herm and CP? Just because they have put together 1 of the worst teams there is and cant coach them. All coaches make the mistakes in the draft and most this year havent proved to be bad but how many game losing streak are we on?

Im for Cowher for HC/GM all the way! I think he deserves to come where he started and has proven himself to have a chance to run his own team.

JMO

I havent heard anything from upper management, meaning the Hunts. Have they showed any displeasure in CP or Herm.

I know I'm on the short end of the stick on this, but I think Herm is good at drafting, he knows talent. The last few draft classes prove it. Just because he cant coach, doesnt mean he doesnt have a place in the Chiefs organization. However, I dont think he would take the GM job if CP were let go. I like Cowher also, but not sure where he stands on getting back into the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by jakesmith View Post
    I havent heard anything from upper management, meaning the Hunts. Have they showed any displeasure in CP or Herm.

I know I'm on the short end of the stick on this, but I think Herm is good at drafting, he knows talent. The last few draft classes prove it. Just because he cant coach, doesnt mean he doesnt have a place in the Chiefs organization. However, I dont think he would take the GM job if CP were let go. I like Cowher also, but not sure where he stands on getting back into the mix.

From what I heard on sports radio with a Clark Hunt interview.....

Granted, I had to read between the lines on this but, he said this year HAD to be better than last. So far it hasnt been.Just to be better we have to win 5. After the Pats game I had hope to do that. Now Im really, honestly hoping we are not as good! Only because I want CP out! Id keep Herm a couple more years but CP has to go or get relocated in the management team with no say in personnel! Hes good at running the Cap so make a new department for him since he likes the titles!

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    From what I heard on sports radio with a Clark Hunt interview.....

Granted, I had to read between the lines on this but, he said this year HAD to be better than last. So far it hasnt been.Just to be better we have to win 5. After the Pats game I had hope to do that. Now Im really, honestly hoping we are not as good! Only because I want CP out! Id keep Herm a couple more years but CP has to go or get relocated in the management team with no say in personnel! Hes good at running the Cap so make a new department for him since he likes the titles!
    just get rid of him why would you keep that cancer around he has had some good yearrs and some bad especially of late but he could never take us to the super bowl why would you be content with mediocre more than we already have

We all know King Carl sucks a$$. Unfortunately, Clark is honoring his dads' wishes and letting CP finish out his contract - no matter what the cost.
    Be your own man, Clark. Fire his a$$.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Kelly was picked #14 as the 2nd QB behind Elway.

Manning was taken #1.

Those picks weren't exactly brain busters.
    Heres some facts for ya Texas. Bill Polian selected Peyton Manning instead of Ryan Leaf and he selected Edgerrin James instead of Ricky Williams. Other notable 1st round selections are Tarik Glenn, Reggie Wayne and Dwight Freeney. We drafted Ryan sims before him. If thats not an "I told ya so," I dont know what is!

We could never get him anyway though.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Ok, apparently, drafting good players in the top ten is a talent only Polian has. Aside from a guy who looks good because his team was drafting in the top 10 for a decade, any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Ok, apparently, drafting good players in the top ten is a talent only Polian has. Aside from a guy who looks good because his team was drafting in the top 10 for a decade, any other suggestions?
    TX,

Gotta check yourself there...

Addai---1st round 30th pick
    Dallas Clark---1st round 24th pick
    Dwight Freeney---1st round 11th pick
    Anthony Gonzalez---1st round 32nd pick
    Marvin Harrison---1st round 19th pick
    Marlin Jackson---1st round 29th pick
    Robert Mathis---5th round 3rd pick
    Bob Sanders---2nd round 12th pick
    Tony Ugoh---2nd round 10th pick
    Reggie Wayne---1st round 30th pick

That pretty much covers the cast of characters outside Manning.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    just get rid of him why would you keep that cancer around he has had some good yearrs and some bad especially of late but he could never take us to the super bowl why would you be content with mediocre more than we already have

Only reason I would keep him is to work the business end of the team. He has proven he can work the CAP. Just keep him outta the draft room and keep him outta the negotiating. Whoever does the negotiating just needs to know how much he has to spend. There is a reason that we always have CAP room during the year. CP does know that but just cant evaluate talent.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123