Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's have fun (offense)

Default Let's have fun (offense)

Ok, now the offense. Who do you want to stay and who do you want gone? Who should be traded, released, benched, inserted into the starting lineup etc...

What kind of play calling would you try with this young team? What needs to be done to rectify the rushing and passing attack?

Texas this is a lot of thinking at 1:30 in the morning, lol

these posts will be for a few days. I'll make sure to bump them. I'm really curious to know what everyone knows that the franchise doesn't and most importantly, i don't.

After all these posts have been up for a while, I'm going to do an analysis and post what the consensus on this board should be for this team.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Ok, now the offense. Who do you want to stay and who do you want gone? Who should be traded, released, benched, inserted into the starting lineup etc...

What kind of play calling would you try with this young team? What needs to be done to rectify the rushing and passing attack?
    Stay- Jamal Charles(He is the future RB), Kolby Smith, DBowe, Tony Gonzales, Gone- Huard(even as back up he's getting hurt too), Larry Johnson(reason is he'll be at or beyond peak when the team is a contender), CB, MLB, FS, SS. Next draft should be a QB in 1st round. 2nd round should be a WR. 3rd should be MLB. 4th should be a CB. 5th should be SS. Get back to system similar to the Vermeil playcalling. Open it up. When you open it a lot, you free up your RB on a fake. We can't continue the playcalling as it is right now. It's not winning anything. Try a drastic approach and really go for the unexpected.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    Stay- Jamal Charles(He is the future RB), Kolby Smith, DBowe, Tony Gonzales, Gone- Huard(even as back up he's getting hurt too), Larry Johnson(reason is he'll be at or beyond peak when the team is a contender), CB, MLB, FS, SS. Next draft should be a QB in 1st round. 2nd round should be a WR. 3rd should be MLB. 4th should be a CB. 5th should be SS. Get back to system similar to the Vermeil playcalling. Open it up. When you open it a lot, you free up your RB on a fake. We can't continue the playcalling as it is right now. It's not winning anything. Try a drastic approach and really go for the unexpected.
    That is exactly why we should've traded him before last season. Another EPIC fail by CP. If we hadn't made the playoffs in 06, i think he would've been traded.

You can't put Saunder's offensive system with this roster. They don't have the knowledge or experience to execute it correctly. Look how much trouble they're having with THIS system. That idea isn't even in the realm of being a feasible option.

The Chiefs are in the beginning stages of a "drastic approach." But it takes patience that seems to be in short supply.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    That is exactly why we should've traded him before last season. Another EPIC fail by CP. If we hadn't made the playoffs in 06, i think he would've been traded.

You can't put Saunder's offensive system with this roster. They don't have the knowledge or experience to execute it correctly. Look how much trouble they're having with THIS system. That idea isn't even in the realm of being a feasible option.

The Chiefs are in the beginning stages of a "drastic approach." But it takes patience that seems to be in short supply.
    whats the difference if they are learning this one or al saunders' playbook its still new and its still going to be japanese to them. I like the idea of opening it up a little bit, but not to the extreme of what it was. just enough to keep the defense honest

Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post
    whats the difference if they are learning this one or al saunders' playbook its still new and its still going to be japanese to them. I like the idea of opening it up a little bit, but not to the extreme of what it was. just enough to keep the defense honest
    From what i've read and heard from a friend of mine who works for the Chiefs, there is a HUGE difference. If you look at the teams who have tried to run that offense, they're loaded with great talent and experienced players. The language alone is almost a language all to itself and should be taught by RosettaStone.

Another big difference is the size of the playbook. If the Chiefs were to try and install that offense on this team, they MIGHT get thru the first couple pages and would have the same, if not worse offense than what we saw last season. At least this season, we're seeing rollouts.

We had the Saunders offense the first two years Herm got here. We just no longer had the personnel to execute. The offense we have now is just fine if we can get our QB back. The offense during the preseason, as i understood it, was a watered down version of what they had hoped to implement during the year. If you look at the play calling when Croyle was in during the preseason, it was better than what they're trying to do now. But all plans go to crap when the guy you build the offense around goes down with an injury.

What they SHOULD have done is built a contingency offense built around the skills of Thigpen just incase Croyle went down. Then they could try and implement THAT offense while they wait for Croyle to return. That might help the offense to move and give the team a chance to win NOW. But the problem with that is when Croyle comes back, the offense will take a step back again while they try to readjust to the Croyle package.

This is why a franchise QB is so important and why you cant just jump around from year to year with different starting QBs for 4 of the last 5 years.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

As far as personel decisions I am not really sure, I know I would like to see Sackintosh gone and Huard, I would like to see Larry Johnson learn to block. Other then that what about opening up the offense to more of a college offense. If we are going to lose why not be risky, flips dump offs, trick plays... ie statue of liberty, LJ throwing the ball on occasion. Bring in Jared Zabransky, let him bring in the Boise State Offense passion that allowed them to beat Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl. Heck if we are going to lose why not have fun while losing. And if we can get the players to have fun rather then moping we might win a few more just for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    We need some O Line in there somewhere too.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

LT Albert- aint goin anywhere
    LG Waters- if he can hang on a few more years keep him if not try to get something for him.
    C Niswanger - seems OK but might be more suited for OG
    RG Jones - filler until we can find someone better
    RT MacIntosh - weak time for Herb Taylor or 1st rounder 2009

QB Croyle - not sold either way, give him the rest of the year but one more injury and thats it.
    RB Johnson - clubhouse cancers on a young team can destroy them. BYE (but you have to get something for him)
    FB Cox - seems OK so far, haven't seen him blow anything.
    WR D. Bowe - aint going anywhere cure the dropsies
    WR Darling - biding time until Franklin/Webb develop, but I think they need some more speed here.
    TE T. Gonz- what can you say, wish he was 7-8 years younger.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast