Thread: Let's have fun (defense)

Default Let's have fun (defense)

Ok. Now the defense. What needs to be done here to rectify the problems the Chiefs are having? Give me free agent acquisitions and draft picks if that's what it's going to take.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Ok. Now the defense. What needs to be done here to rectify the problems the Chiefs are having? Give me free agent acquisitions and draft picks if that's what it's going to take.
    Free agents kind of thwarts the rebuilding. I say you wait until the draft and start shopping. They need help a CB and MLB. The D line is doing okay and can get better if they knew that there was help behind them. There's still the void Jared Allen left. No one has come close to filling that void. And lastly Gunther should probably be moved on down the road. I like the guy, but his defensive playcalling isn't close to what it used to be.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Greg posted some other feelings about our secondary and it looked like he wants a total overhaul.... I kind of like our defense...young corners that are physical, I'd like to see dmitri patterson play some more.... I am a little suspect about page though.

I think we need a tough hard nosed middle linebacker that can tackle and have a strong presence... Im not sure if mcbride is the answer either but watching him play, he does play hard... We need a replacement for edwards at olb... Not sure how much longer he will be around... Other than that these kids will grow and develop into a great defense

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    Free agents kind of thwarts the rebuilding. I say you wait until the draft and start shopping. They need help a CB and MLB. The D line is doing okay and can get better if they knew that there was help behind them. There's still the void Jared Allen left. No one has come close to filling that void. And lastly Gunther should probably be moved on down the road. I like the guy, but his defensive playcalling isn't close to what it used to be.
    I think Gunther is doing what he can with the young talent that he has. I very highly doubt the he's even installed HALF of his defensive packages right now. Every thing about this team is extremely basic. The rush defense is poor because the young Line isn't holding their positions. So, until they start doing that, don't look for the defense to have too complicated schemes.

I don't think the Chiefs are looking to fill that void Allen left. I think they are evaluating Hali's performance on the blind side and then they'll "fill" after the season whether thru FA or the draft. I think Turk is playing a lot better than i expected at a tween guy. He has some moves and he's only going to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post
    Greg posted some other feelings about our secondary and it looked like he wants a total overhaul.... I kind of like our defense...young corners that are physical, I'd like to see dmitri patterson play some more.... I am a little suspect about page though.

I think we need a tough hard nosed middle linebacker that can tackle and have a strong presence... Im not sure if mcbride is the answer either but watching him play, he does play hard... We need a replacement for edwards at olb... Not sure how much longer he will be around... Other than that these kids will grow and develop into a great defense
    The secondary is just fine. They're still developing and i think spending a top pick on a CB would be a luxury that this team can't afford right now. Hopefully they can grab a good CB in FA. But the combo of Flowers and Carr has me excited. I like physical corners like those guys.

Pollard reminds me of Saunders every time i see him hit someone. I think he could become on of the better SS in this league. Again, he just needs to develop a little more in his coverage game. But if you look at the defenses that Herm and Dungee run, a player like Saunders and Pollard are essential. He'll be fine.

Page just needs more time as well. But with Morgan pushing for playing time already, if either of these guys can't get it together, Morgan should be able to step in and contribute immediately.

If the Chiefs spend a pick on a MLB, it should be in the 2nd at the latest. I think Spikes from Miami might still be available and more than serviceable.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

I believe I have the answer at Defense, Bench them all. Yep keep the offense on the field and the Defense on the bench, If we can flip the tables and keep the Offense on the field and keep the Defense rested and win a couple games that the Defense has new energy and starts to become dominant.

O agree, I think our defense would be a lot better if they were not on the field for 3 quarters of the game. It seemed to me like they just gave up in the second half of the Faders game because every time they stopped them, the Offense came out and gave the ball right back.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    O agree, I think our defense would be a lot better if they were not on the field for 3 quarters of the game. It seemed to me like they just gave up in the second half of the Faders game because every time they stopped them, the Offense came out and gave the ball right back.
    Only exception to that is against the Falcons. They were on the field most of the 1st half, but they were only on the field once in the 3rd quarter, and very little in the 4th.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

LET'S GO.

I want solutions.

Give me names, trades, draft picks etc...

we know the problems, how do we fix them?