Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 104

Thread: Huard to start Sunday

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,028
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 4

    Default Huard to start Sunday


    0 Not allowed!
    This just shows you how inconsistent the Chiefs management is. We are no longer following the plan of sticking with the youth movement. We wasted a chance last week on an experiment that Herm has already given up on. I guess Thigpen struggled enough on game tape that Herm decided to pull Thigpen for the start.

    Ironically every fan in the NFL realized that he needed to be pulled after the first three drives last Sunday.

    You are asking fans to be patient and let the team grow, and after three weeks of pain and torture you are foldin. Might was well cut Thigpen now, if you aren't going to continue the youth movement that you commited us to.

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,246
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    This is why Herm fails as a coach. He uses his QBs like a pitching staff. Croyle is the ace, Huard is long-inning reliever, and Thigpen is the call up from the minors.

    To think I'd be comparing QB usage with pitching......pathetic.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cedar Park, TX
    Posts
    633
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Stick with Thigpen. We don't even know now when Croyle is coming back. And who's to say he doesn't get hurt his first game back. Huard has a year or two left. Keep Thigpen in and let that guy get the experience so that maybe one day he becomes a solid back up for whoever our next starting QB may be.

    Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    559
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    Stick with Thigpen. We don't even know now when Croyle is coming back. And who's to say he doesn't get hurt his first game back. Huard has a year or two left. Keep Thigpen in and let that guy get the experience so that maybe one day he becomes a solid back up for whoever our next starting QB may be.
    100% Agree

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,028
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 4

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    Stick with Thigpen. We don't even know now when Croyle is coming back. And who's to say he doesn't get hurt his first game back. Huard has a year or two left. Keep Thigpen in and let that guy get the experience so that maybe one day he becomes a solid back up for whoever our next starting QB may be.
    Nope, it has already been announced or at least that is what the radio folk are saying. Huard is starting againt the Donkies.

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    86
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Noone is ever happy. Maybe they will all show up later, but where are all of the people that wanted Huard to start last week.
    I think the Chiefs have found out what they needed to know about Thigpen, and have decided he is not in the future in any way. He had his chance, now we know he is no good, but if he never had the chance we would have never known.
    This is what rebuilding is like-give players a chance, keep the ones that succeed, lose the ones that don't. Thigpen will probably ride out the rest of the season as 3rd string (once Croyle comes back), and then be let go, never to play another down in the NFL.

    Now, I do think that they should probably have given him until Croyle comes back to settle in, but it doesn't look like that is the way it's going to go.

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,413
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 66

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    If this is all true, I am not happy! Thig needs to start, Huard is not the future QB, Thig may not be either. But we need to play Thig, one game does not mean he will not be successfull! He made it thru a game, did not leave because of injury, Thats the best any of our QB's have done so far. Huard may start and do good, maybe even get us a win. But he is not the future.
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 09-23-2008 at 02:34 PM.

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,028
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 4

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TRB05 View Post
    Noone is ever happy. Maybe they will all show up later, but where are all of the people that wanted Huard to start last week.
    I think the Chiefs have found out what they needed to know about Thigpen, and have decided he is not in the future in any way. He had his chance, now we know he is no good, but if he never had the chance we would have never known.
    This is what rebuilding is like-give players a chance, keep the ones that succeed, lose the ones that don't. Thigpen will probably ride out the rest of the season as 3rd string (once Croyle comes back), and then be let go, never to play another down in the NFL.

    Now, I do think that they should probably have given him until Croyle comes back to settle in, but it doesn't look like that is the way it's going to go.
    I wanted Huard to start last week, and I wanted him to play the full game against Oakland. We all knew what Thigpen was going to bring last week and he backed it up. Yet Herm still started Thigpen. Okay, I am fine with that, because he was sticking to his plan of getting young players experience.

    So why change now. Why not change after the first four 3 and out drives? Why not change when we were down by 14?

    It doesn't make sense to do it now. Regadless of what Herm does, changing the QB's is wrong.

    A. Thigpen shouldn't have started because he just wasn't ready to play and Herm was wrong, and now he is back tracking to hopefully salvage Thigpen's career.

    B. Thigpen just ins't an NFL QB and they should cut him today because they have seen enough.

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Grain Valley, MO
    Posts
    2,425
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I still like Huard and hope he does well but this is just a band-aid.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    86
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I wanted Huard to start last week, and I wanted him to play the full game against Oakland. We all knew what Thigpen was going to bring last week and he backed it up. Yet Herm still started Thigpen. Okay, I am fine with that, because he was sticking to his plan of getting young players experience.

    So why change now. Why not change after the first four 3 and out drives? Why not change when we were down by 14?

    It doesn't make sense to do it now. Regadless of what Herm does, changing the QB's is wrong.

    A. Thigpen shouldn't have started because he just wasn't ready to play and Herm was wrong, and now he is back tracking to hopefully salvage Thigpen's career.

    B. Thigpen just ins't an NFL QB and they should cut him today because they have seen enough.
    How did you know what Thigpen was going to bring last week? Hey, he could have been the next Tony Romo, but we never would have found out if it weren't for the last 2 weeks. Now we DO know.

    They should cut him today, for his sake, but they won't because they still need 3 QBs on the team, and since he has been here and knows the system, he is better than Ingle Martin, or any other QB they could bring in for the rest of this season.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •