Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Huard to start Sunday

Default Huard to start Sunday

This just shows you how inconsistent the Chiefs management is. We are no longer following the plan of sticking with the youth movement. We wasted a chance last week on an experiment that Herm has already given up on. I guess Thigpen struggled enough on game tape that Herm decided to pull Thigpen for the start.

Ironically every fan in the NFL realized that he needed to be pulled after the first three drives last Sunday.

You are asking fans to be patient and let the team grow, and after three weeks of pain and torture you are foldin. Might was well cut Thigpen now, if you aren't going to continue the youth movement that you commited us to.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by TRB05 View Post
    How did you know what Thigpen was going to bring last week? Hey, he could have been the next Tony Romo, but we never would have found out if it weren't for the last 2 weeks. Now we DO know.

They should cut him today, for his sake, but they won't because they still need 3 QBs on the team, and since he has been here and knows the system, he is better than Ingle Martin, or any other QB they could bring in for the rest of this season.
    Wow after 1 start your know that Thigpen isnt any good, why exactly are you not an NFL head coach. From your criteria I believe you would have cut over 95 percent of all current NFL quarterbacks. I dont know that Thigpen has a future in the NFL but to throw him under the bus after 1 start ... and with an oline that hasnt protected him like a person would like with a young player. Just WOW. I found stats for Peyton Mannings first game I believe, Game 1

P Manning

21-37 302 yards 1 TD 3 Ints

Colts lose to Miami 24-15

Yes he piled up the yards but he also threw three INTs and lost the game, would you have said he wasnt going to be an NFL QB and sent him packing also. Again WOW.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

BTW if that was sarcasm I didnt see the sarcasm sign and slightly apologize, not much but slightly.

Didn't the Colts start Manning right off the bat? Most rookie QBs are awful if they are starting right after they're drafted. Of course, there are exceptions.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Huard should have started against Atlanta. He should continue to start until Croyle is ready to play again. We need to get a win and we have the best chance with some sort of stability at QB. I'm not sold on Huard, but he's better than Thigpen at this point.
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

Quote Originally Posted by OTR Chiefs fan View Post
    Huard should have started against Atlanta. He should continue to start until Croyle is ready to play again. We need to get a win and we have the best chance with some sort of stability at QB. I'm not sold on Huard, but he's better than Thigpen at this point.
    We're either rebuilding or we're not. If we are, we need to know if Thigpen has the potential to be the next number 2 QB. Huard's days are numbered. We all saw what happened to him last season. He's too old to play more than a few games at a time. We have zero chances at any playoff hopes. We'll be lucky to win more than 1 or 2 games this season. Let's see if Thigpen is the future number 2. We all know he's not likely to be a starter in the NFL. Huard wasn't cut out for the starter position either, but does make a great backup.

I don't see how Thigpen can be succesful. He's in the same situation Croyle was last year with a suspect O line. Herm can't make a decision. But either way, the braintrust that are the coaches need to make a decision and STICK with it. I've heard of RB by committee, but QB by committee?

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Thig should start, but he is not so I hope Huard does well and we win!

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Wow after 1 start your know that Thigpen isnt any good, why exactly are you not an NFL head coach. From your criteria I believe you would have cut over 95 percent of all current NFL quarterbacks. I dont know that Thigpen has a future in the NFL but to throw him under the bus after 1 start ... and with an oline that hasnt protected him like a person would like with a young player. Just WOW. I found stats for Peyton Mannings first game I believe, Game 1

P Manning

21-37 302 yards 1 TD 3 Ints

Colts lose to Miami 24-15

Yes he piled up the yards but he also threw three INTs and lost the game, would you have said he wasnt going to be an NFL QB and sent him packing also. Again WOW.
    I agree that he needs more playing time to make a more accurate assesment, I was trying to make a point that we had no idea what Thigpen could do before the Oakland game and really before the start last week. Now that he has had nearly 2 games, at least we have something to go on. I totally agree that he needs to start until Croyle comes back, I've posted that several times here. Comparing Thigpen to Manning is a little silly, I know you were illustrating your point, but it's a little far-fetched. Manning has a successful college career against top notch talent to add in to his experience, Thigpen does not. Arm strength, size, poise leadership, etc. were all determined in college with Manning being a #1 overall, and Thigpen going in the 7th round.

Bottom line is, I think the Chiefs have seen what they needed to see out of Thigpen.

Lets just throw Ingle Martin in there.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Lets just throw Ingle Martin in there.
    Why not? What have we got to lose - besides another game. I'm sure Huard gives us best chance to win. But let Martin have the ball for 1st quarter. He may be our best shot at winning, and not even know it...
    SHUT IT

The Chiefs have been a very good football team during the months of September.We definitely need a victory while having Damon as the starting quarterback.Going 0-4 during the month of September will be simply a disaster for us.Damon gives us the best shot toward winning that game.Damon needs to make it his goal to play the entire game.He should of played against the Falcons but also should've played against the Raiders.If he played those entire 2 games then we could've had at least a victory already.Herm's big emphasis toward getting young at the quarterback position only allowed Thigpen to start but when in desperate need of a victory we can count on Damon to get it for us.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast